Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 AM

13,238 posts, read 9,849,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Me too.
Well, coop, it's entirely your fault for not faxing me the darker copies of the enrollment forms when I asked.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:08 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,934,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well, coop, it's entirely your fault for not faxing me the darker copies of the enrollment forms when I asked.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:11 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,845,084 times
Quote:
Coop!!! How could you not fax those? It is all your fault!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:13 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,054,443 times
MM: Enjoy your day! I love to have my hair shampooed. Heaven.

Fin: That's horrible! I would be SO ticked. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Something good will work out for Little Miss FR.

Whales: Yes. You can see them off the SoCal coast during the migration. February is peak time. They run whale watching boats. I've even seen them from the cliffs on the coast. Sometimes they'll come in quite close. February can be some of SoCal's best weather. Warm (70's) and very clear with light winds. There are also boats run off Baja but, sad face, I've never done that. They move in much closer to the whales.

I'll tell you, seeing a whale break the surface of the water 50 feet from your boat when you don't expect it is pretty dang cool.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:19 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,523,531 times
Quote:
Is there any ambiguity in there that I'm missing? Sounds pretty definite to me. And they have our check. I signed a not quite coherent copy of the tuition agreement, as our printer is on the blink, but they said we can come and pick up the forms today or they don't mind mailing them to us.

Then we get the email saying the Sept enrollment is in doubt.
No ambiguity, I honestly think they screwed up. Have you contacted them back? I would be honest (with some slight exaggerations for emphasis!), tell them MissFR will be devastated, and that you are extremely disappointed. I would also add that in my experience people do register for multiple spots and decide at the last minute. What do they say about the wait list?

Old 07-28-2011, 10:12 AM

13,238 posts, read 9,849,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
No ambiguity, I honestly think they screwed up. Have you contacted them back? I would be honest (with some slight exaggerations for emphasis!), tell them MissFR will be devastated, and that you are extremely disappointed. I would also add that in my experience people do register for multiple spots and decide at the last minute. What do they say about the wait list?
Yes, I did contact them. I was going to go that route at first (the devastated child route) but I just said thank you for keeping us in the loop and that we would need to be updated asap, as we had considered it a done deal at this point. I didn't see how potentially aggravating what may have been an honest mistake would do us any good. (not that I took your suggestion that way, Zim).

I'm not entirely sure what the waitlist means - if it just means she's likely to have to start in Oct or something, then that's not so bad, if it means there's an indefinite no man's land with the potential for her not to attend at all this school year, then we can't accept that situation.

Oh bother. Anyway, thanks for the support everybody, I'll let you know how it pans out.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:28 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,742,634 times
Hello all! I hope you are all well. Just popping in and reading through threads! I have been very ill and my pregnancy has gone beyond high risk

FR completely agree with you and Magritte on the restaurant thread! Funny enough Mr.X father wants Mr.X to take over the family restaurant in the UK and we have been helping him manage from afar. Weeeellll just this week it all kicked off with a customer, a child and lead to Mr.X writing a public apology.

JK Coop hope all works out with preschool!

EWAG hope all is well with baby ewag.

Dew, Hopes, Zimbo, RKB and whoever else I miss I hope you all are having a wonderful day.

Mrs.X

Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,054,443 times
Oh, Mrs. X! I'm very sorry to hear of the problems. Please take care of yourself.

Prayers and good thoughts being sent up and out right now!

Old 07-28-2011, 10:36 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,742,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, Mrs. X! I'm very sorry to hear of the problems. Please take care of yourself.

Prayers and good thoughts being sent up and out right now!
Thank you Dew! We have a long road ahead of us. I really appreciate your prayers and good thoughts.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:38 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,523,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Hello all! I hope you are all well. Just popping in and reading through threads! I have been very ill and my pregnancy has gone beyond high risk
Hi Mrs.X - glad to see you here, sorry you have been through the pregnancy wars . I hope you are doing better now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.