U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-03-2011, 10:16 AM

5,515 posts, read 3,351,497 times

Advertisements

Right now I am sitting at home watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air and applying online for Best Buy as a mobile sales consultant, a position I KNOW I will be good at.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM

43,017 posts, read 50,917,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Yes - for some reason, that doesn't bother me. I do have an amazing hygienist. She knows my fear issues. I think she's always shocked I show up for an appointment and didn't come up with a lame excuse.
That's good it doesn't bother you. The good news is a root scraping isn't much different from a cleaning, just a little more sore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Mine has - the sound doesn't bother me - but if they hit a nerve - yowza..
That's my fear! No nerves hit here yet, but I always fear she'll hit something sensitive! Maybe I'll get use to it. I've only had it used on me once so far.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM

17,137 posts, read 12,531,589 times
Quote:
That's just it. You DON'T pay for your own drinks. You get someone else to get you drinks, after all it is your birthday. My waitress at applebee's literally was feeding me shots and started chanting SHOT SHOT SHOT with my friends and they were all free.

I find it unsettling that you seem to truly believe this makes you sound adult.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:29 AM

43,017 posts, read 50,917,445 times
I'm thinking of taking noncredit courses at community college this fall.

There are all sorts of cooking courses, some taught by various chefs in the kitchens of their restaurants.

I think I'd enjoy those.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:30 AM

17,137 posts, read 12,531,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

There are all sorts of cooking courses, some taught by various chefs in the kitchens of their restaurants.

I think I'd enjoy those.
I would love to do that! I may look into that.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:34 AM

22,309 posts, read 13,172,115 times
Good luck, Coop. With all of our positive vibes I know you'll do great.

Morning all.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:16 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,094,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
That's just it. You DON'T pay for your own drinks. You get someone else to get you drinks, after all it is your birthday. My waitress at applebee's literally was feeding me shots and started chanting SHOT SHOT SHOT with my friends and they were all free.

But I'm not out partying.
Clearly your definition of "party" and mine are different. Between free shots, hanging with friends, and sleeping over at Squeeze O' The Week's house, I would say that fits my general definition of "partying" in the sense in which it was used.

Quote:
Like I said ive been in bed by 9 or 10 every night and up at 5 and finally out of bed by 6:45ish when TG leaves to walk to work(like less than 100ft from his place), the other day I slept in and that meant waking up naturally at like 5 and then falling back asleep off and on till 10am.

Probably this is the wrong thing to claim as a virtue in a group in which memories of being up with crying babies and toddlers with nightmares are still relatively fresh. Getting enough sleep is not a mark of virtue so much as a mark of leisure.

Quote:
I don't mind working. I don't mind having a job but I should probably be making more money than my 17 year old brother, since after all I have stuff I do have to pay for and he doesn't.
Something you probably should learn at some point: you don't make more money because you think you need it. You make more money because you're valuable enough your boss wants to keep you. They're called "wages", not "allowance".

Quote:
It's not that I WANT to live like this but I have made it work and I haven't fallen behind on my bills.
Oh, horsehockey. if you were sufficiently motivated, you'd do something else. You're not, so you haven't. And apparently, part of the reason you haven't fallen behind on your bills is your awesome ability to cadge freebies.

Quote:
And a bill is a bill, its not like I can just up and stop paying for my cell phone because you guys deem it unnecessary and it cost $200 to get out of my contract. Plus, I don't have a home phone to use and I am never home either. I am not home at night and I usually come home at 7am and then leave again by 10am or 11am.

Anyways, as soon as I get a job that pays enough I will be ok.
You just keep justifying it all to yourself, txt. You're very good at it. But honestly, if you were one of my girls I'd've kicked you out of the nest already, whether or not you "hardly live there". High school graduates get a choice chez Aconite: fulltime school, job, military or apartment.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:19 AM

17,065 posts, read 14,646,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Morning, folks!

Just checking in - hope everyone is feeling well and that family illnesses/ hospitalizations are under control.

In the land of visiting family members, I'd like to register my frustration with my MIL who is flying into NY today and has informed us she will be coming to Philly "some time between now and the end of August." Nothing like an open time frame and no comprehension that we might have other plans/a preference for when she visits.
you have my sympathy. At least mine tell me (not ask, tell) me when they are coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Jake and the Neverland Pirates

ETA: Did I ever mention that both DH and my dad watch Phineas and Ferb on their own (i.e., without the kiddos around since both DS and my niece are too young for it). I caught DH watching a P&F marathon a few weekends ago and my dad knows all the characters names...cracks me up.
LOVE Phineas and Ferb!

Quote:

Like I said its not even like I really even live here.
And I have just enough money left for police academy and I am not spending it on more college classes and then it comes time for police academy and not having money for it.
And I will have a job soon so it will be ok, I'll be working, it won't be an issue anymore.

I don't mind working. I don't mind having a job but I should probably be making more money than my 17 year old brother, since after all I have stuff I do have to pay for and he doesn't.
Do you really think that sleeping at BF's house while keeping all your stuff at your mom's is any better? It's not. It's probably worse. You live rent free with your mom or your BF, or you are homeless. None of those is ok.

ha ha ha ha ha ROFLMAO. That ain't the way the world work's honey. When you have a degree or an AA or some relevant experience, or stay at a job longer than 3 months, maybe you'll get a job making a little more. Gee, I have 2 kids to support, I think I should make more than a single person because I need more money. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds????

Old 08-03-2011, 11:19 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,094,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

I think I'd enjoy those.
That sounds like a blast!
I had the opportunity to take non-degree classes at Johnson & Wales awhile back and am still kicking myself that I didn't.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:22 AM

17,065 posts, read 14,646,094 times
I got one kid off to the first day of school. DS5 is here until pm kindie starts at 1:00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting