U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM
 
8,948 posts, read 6,103,323 times
Reputation: 10916

Advertisements

Morning, Dew.

Aconite, brick walls hurt heads.

Zim - you lucky duck you!

Arg - I just realized I forgot to renew our contractor liability insurance which had expired 8 weeks ago. I am now hoping MrFR does not find himself out of work as a result. Oh lawd. We didn't get anything in the mail regarding renewal so it completely slipped my mind. Trying to get answers from our agent as to what to do now. Fug.

On happier news - our preschool placement has been confirmed and we are good to go! Yay. The director thanked me for being very patient which is good because I was about to go all lachrymose on her azz.

 
Old 08-03-2011, 11:32 AM
 
32,538 posts, read 26,766,455 times
Reputation: 32075
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
My waitress at applebee's literally was feeding me shots and started chanting SHOT SHOT SHOT with my friends and they were all free.
First of all, my idea of a great birthday is not getting fed shot after shot. But by the waitress at Applebee's? Please. Sweetie, you are an amateur.

My 21st birthday was in a private room at one of the hottest restaurants in L.A. Not that anyone really cares, txt, but maybe it will give you something to aspire to.
 
Old 08-03-2011, 11:37 AM
 
32,538 posts, read 26,766,455 times
Reputation: 32075
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Arg - I just realized I forgot to renew our contractor liability insurance which had expired 8 weeks ago. I am now hoping MrFR does not find himself out of work as a result. Oh lawd. We didn't get anything in the mail regarding renewal so it completely slipped my mind. Trying to get answers from our agent as to what to do now. Fug.

On happier news - our preschool placement has been confirmed and we are good to go! Yay. The director thanked me for being very patient which is good because I was about to go all lachrymose on her azz.
Oh, Fin. Yuck. Here's hoping it's straightened out with no problems. I usually put on the "oh my goodness I messed up" voice when I call on that kind of thing. Which I've had to do a few times, lol.

Good news on Little Miss F.R.!! I was just thinking about that last night, so I'm glad you are good to go. Congratulations!!
 
Old 08-03-2011, 11:41 AM
 
4,541 posts, read 9,030,310 times
Reputation: 3815
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I got one kid off to the first day of school. DS5 is here until pm kindie starts at 1:00.
A little peach and quite! Sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
On happier news - our preschool placement has been confirmed and we are good to go! Yay. The director thanked me for being very patient which is good because I was about to go all lachrymose on her azz.
That's great! I'm not sure I would have been as patient as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
First of all, my idea of a great birthday is not getting fed shot after shot. But by the waitress at Applebee's? Please. Sweetie, you are an amateur.
lol! Did you see the movie Hall Pass? This reminded me of that movie.
 
Old 08-03-2011, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Wherever life takes me.
5,930 posts, read 5,910,435 times
Reputation: 2995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Clearly your definition of "party" and mine are different. Between free shots, hanging with friends, and sleeping over at Squeeze O' The Week's house, I would say that fits my general definition of "partying" in the sense in which it was used.

For starters, last time I got free shots was last year on my 21st birthday.
I don't even drink all that often. A few days ago I had a beer with dinner.
And no spending time with friends is not partying. Partying is just what it sounds like, partying.
And do not call him squeeze o' the week, I am pretty offended by that.
I have known him for a year, we are best friends, we like each other and he means a whole lot to me, you don't even know just how much.
He's the only guy I have been with in the past year too.
So when you say that it makes it sound like I just sleep at random guys houses, when in fact its been one person who WANTS me to come stay the night.


Probably this is the wrong thing to claim as a virtue in a group in which memories of being up with crying babies and toddlers with nightmares are still relatively fresh. Getting enough sleep is not a mark of virtue so much as a mark of leisure.

When I first came here I was pissed about my mom giving me a bed time and you all told me that I should be going to bed early anyways.
And I get about 7-9 hours of sleep a night, average normal.
I said what I said about going to bed early and getting up early...
because I'M NOT OUT PARTYING STAYING OUT LATE.

Something you probably should learn at some point: you don't make more money because you think you need it. You make more money because you're valuable enough your boss wants to keep you. They're called "wages", not "allowance".

Or I just don't take a job that's not going to pay me more than 7.50 an hour. I'm putting it on the table when they ask and on applications about how much pay I expect, 9/hr no lower. I will walk away from a position that wants to offer less. I can bring more to a company and will not be settling for less. I want to be able to get out on my own and I can't do that making 7.50, if you make X amount of money and the things you need (rent, bills, food, gas, payments etc) cost Z then you need to make Z not X.

Oh, horsehockey. if you were sufficiently motivated, you'd do something else. You're not, so you haven't. And apparently, part of the reason you haven't fallen behind on your bills is your awesome ability to cadge freebies.

Any money I have gotten was not for free, I had to do work for it.
I had to do SOMETHING for the money I got, it was not just handed to me.



You just keep justifying it all to yourself, txt. You're very good at it. But honestly, if you were one of my girls I'd've kicked you out of the nest already, whether or not you "hardly live there". High school graduates get a choice chez Aconite: fulltime school, job, military or apartment.
Yeah well I have been in school since graduating up until this year in January when I decided to not go back and was working BBB while going to school and being a live in nanny AND in January I got the gas station position. There have been NO gaps up until this spring/summer. That was my mom's rule either college or work. Even though I haven't had a job I still have been paying my own bills and I'm not sleeping all day and staying out all night. I am up early and to bed early and have been looking for jobs and applying places.

Just because I take a moment out of my day to enjoy the summer and get a bit of a tan doesn't mean I am not trying.
It just means I don't stop my life completely for something like that.
I am not going to be completely devoid of fun or socialization and look for a job every second of the day and not doing anything else because if I did that and come fall time and it starts getting cooler and I start think geez I wish it was still warm I wasted the nice weather when I could have spent A LITTLE time having fun.

It's all about balance.
I have to have balance in my life.
I do not succeed with out it.
 
Old 08-03-2011, 11:51 AM
 
32,538 posts, read 26,766,455 times
Reputation: 32075
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
lol! Did you see the movie Hall Pass? This reminded me of that movie.
 
Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Wherever life takes me.
5,930 posts, read 5,910,435 times
Reputation: 2995
What I am most pissed about right now is that squeeze o' the week comment.
You guys don't think its serious and that I shouldn't be spending the night over there.
But you don't get just how much I like him, just how happy he makes me.
We both are attracted to each other and we're working it at our own pace.

If anything you guys would like him. He's the one who finally steered me away from all those side jobs and into getting a REAL job. He's the one who's been trying to get me to take everything into a more positive direction in life.
 
Old 08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
 
Location: here
23,589 posts, read 26,235,949 times
Reputation: 28005
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
What I am most pissed about right now is that squeeze o' the week comment.
You guys don't think its serious and that I shouldn't be spending the night over there.
But you don't get just how much I like him, just how happy he makes me.
We both are attracted to each other and we're working it at our own pace.

If anything you guys would like him. He's the one who finally steered me away from all those side jobs and into getting a REAL job. He's the one who's been trying to get me to take everything into a more positive direction in life.
that doesn't change the fact that you are either homeless, or living somewhere rent free.
 
Old 08-03-2011, 12:02 PM
 
43,012 posts, read 83,424,359 times
Reputation: 30025
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
On happier news - our preschool placement has been confirmed and we are good to go! Yay. The director thanked me for being very patient which is good because I was about to go all lachrymose on her azz.
Great news! I'm happy MissFR gets to go to the school she was excited about!
 
Old 08-03-2011, 12:05 PM
 
Location: here
23,589 posts, read 26,235,949 times
Reputation: 28005
good news FR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top