U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-03-2011, 12:37 PM

43,017 posts, read 50,514,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
And my mom said once my brother starts school back I either am home by midnight or I sleep somewhere else.
Good for her! When TK moved in, I made it clear the doors are locked at curfew. He has never been late because he wants a place to live.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 PM

17,027 posts, read 14,538,767 times
Quote:
And my mom said once my brother starts school back I either am home by midnight or I sleep somewhere else.
her house, her rules. If you don't like it, find some place else to live.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:41 PM

43,017 posts, read 50,514,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Yep! Her mother's goal is in bold. She wants txt to move. Txt doesn't seem to realize that.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:47 PM

5,983 posts, read 2,986,560 times
Quote:
I actually don't see why I would pay my mom rent.
BECAUSE SHE PROVIDES A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD.

Whether you like the color of the roof or not is IRRELEVANT.

Stop posting this drivel before I LOSE MY MIND.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 PM

5,515 posts, read 3,320,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Let me explain something to you.

TK has a curfew and can't have his girlfriend spend the night.

One day, he tried to negotiate for more freedom. And I explained to him very clearly that he doesn't get freedom for a reason: If he could have all the freedom he wanted while living here, he'd never be motivated to become independent and live on his own. That apparently clarified everything for him since he hasn't complained about lack of freedome since then.

Your mother requiring you to pay rent is another way to push you from the nest. It's totally cool that you would prefer to pay rent where you have adult freedom. But it's childish for you to not acknowledge that you are a FINANCIAL DRAIN on your mother. You're too old to not be paying your own way. You use water and electricity and food at your mother's house. Your mother shouldn't have to pay for you anymore. You're supposed to be an adult.

You can't have it both ways. Either you are a child or you are an adult. Until you realize that, you will remain a child. The very fact that you don't think you should pay your mother rent is strong indication that you will remain a child for quite sometime.
My mom pays nothing for me.
Since I am hardly here, she doesn't pay for my food. I don't eat her food.
When I am here its sleeping in my bed. I never watch tv here.
In and out of the shower in 15 minutes, if anything she's paying less now more than ever.

Quote:
the point is, you aren't in school, you aren't working. Those are the criteria for living at home rent free. You aren't doing either. She is allowing you to live there even though you are contributing nothing toward the household, nothing toward your future, and nothing toward society. If you are going to live rent free you should be doing something to move toward a future where you don't have to sponge off your mom. It should be temporary, but, in your case, it is likely a permanent state, since you aren't doing anything to change it.

I'm not saying you need to pay her rent. I'm saying she is letting you get away with not paying rent anywhere. She shouldn't charge you, she should put you crap on the porch and say good luck!

What makes you think you are entitled to live there at the age of 22?
Its only been a little bit that I haven't had a job.
I quit in April and its August now, that's 5 months and I am pretty sure I got that Aero job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Good for her! When TK moved in, I made it clear the doors are locked at curfew. He has never been late because he wants a place to live.
Like I said, I either come home at midnight or I sleep somewhere else for the night..
I usually don't sleep at home anyways so that's not an issue.
I sleep at TG's almost every night of the week.

Quote:
If I don't like it I have two choices.
I can either be home by midnight or I sleep at a friends house.
Its not a you must be home by midnight. Its if you aren't home at midnight, don't come in waking us up.
But ireallydgaf because usually TG and I are asleep by 10pm or so anyways.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:55 PM

Thanks for all the kind wishes about MissFR's preschool, everybody. Very kind of you all.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
BECAUSE SHE PROVIDES A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD.

Whether you like the color of the roof or not is IRRELEVANT.

Stop posting this drivel before I LOSE MY MIND.
You have to remember I hold this horrible grudge against my mom because she DOESN'T provide and she never has. She has everything handed to her and she gets away with it.
In a way I am jealous but at the same time I am glad my stuff is in MY name and that I pay and no one else because I am not her, I am not a stupid ***** who does nothing, I atleast do stuff without a job to get my bills paid and to do for myself, she can't even say that.

In my mind she doesn't provide me anything and hasn't for awhile.
And like I said I am never here. I should move my stuff out and put it into storage just to prove that I don't she doesn't do **** for me.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Thanks for all the kind wishes about MissFR's preschool, everybody. Very kind of you all.
I am happy she got into the preschool she wanted.
Having the right school is important.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
You have to remember I hold this horrible grudge against my mom because she DOESN'T provide and she never has. She has everything handed to her and she gets away with it.
In a way I am jealous but at the same time I am glad my stuff is in MY name and that I pay and no one else because I am not her, I am not a stupid ***** who does nothing, I atleast do stuff without a job to get my bills paid and to do for myself, she can't even say that.

In my mind she doesn't provide me anything and hasn't for awhile.
And like I said I am never here. I should move my stuff out and put it into storage just to prove that I don't she doesn't do **** for me.
She provided you with life, didn't she? It's all friggin gravy after that, dear.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:08 PM

7,783 posts, read 9,353,101 times
Every once in a while I like to read Txt's posts to renew my appreciation for my kids, both college students home for the summer, working TWO jobs apiece.

Two things I've learned today. DH doesn't know the difference between a sick dog pooping around the house vs a sick dog vomiting around the house. Fortunately, it was the latter, and cleaned up easily.

Second, I need cooking lessons. Despite my Betty Crocker Homemaker of Tomorrow award from high school, it IS tomorrow, and I still can't dice onions or grate carrots without some loss of skin.

To all the Moms sending little ones off to school: Take lots of pictures while they'll still let you. Lordy I miss those days.

Dew, I don't even remember my 21st birthday. Back in the day, it was all about turning 18!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.