U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 11:07 AM

32,538 posts, read 26,807,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
(wow - that sounds like something on some inspirational display plate in somebody's kitchen).
I have a fridge magnet that says, "Warning: I'm out of estrogen and I have a credit card!"

Morning Fin!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:26 AM

20,349 posts, read 20,375,282 times
Quote:
Morning Dew and Hopes!

(wow - that sounds like something on some inspirational display plate in somebody's kitchen).
LOL - I was thinking it sounded like a folk duet from the 60's...

"Ladies and Gentlemen - please give a big warm welcome to Morning Dew and Hopes!"

Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 AM

8,948 posts, read 6,112,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
LOL - I was thinking it sounded like a folk duet from the 60's...

"Ladies and Gentlemen - please give a big warm welcome to Morning Dew and Hopes!"
LMAO.

Actually, I pictured the plate in a nice 70's decor kitchen, next to the jello (or terrine, or whatever) mold crabs and lobsters - so I think we're on the same page.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:08 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,014,643 times
Quote:
LMAO.

Actually, I pictured the plate in a nice 70's decor kitchen, next to the jello (or terrine, or whatever) mold crabs and lobsters - so I think we're on the same page.
Hmmm, think that may have been on one of the plaques left behind in my circa-1975 mustard yellow kitchen (complete with macrame owl and hanging chain stained glass light fixture)...

Old 08-04-2011, 12:17 PM

OK, I have NO idea where the Costco coupon book is. They've probably expired anyway but ding, dang that is frustrating.

MM: While I was looking for it I heard a report on Tebow: Word is he isn't accurate in camp. The vets are grumbling and they want Orton who looks much better. The talking heads were undecided on whether or not Tebow can cut it in the NFL at all. But they mentioned Matt Leinart as an example and that isn't good. I was really hoping Tebow would just light it up for you guys this year. I'm pretty surprised at how negative they were about him.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
OK, I have NO idea where the Costco coupon book is. They've probably expired anyway but ding, dang that is frustrating.
Go up to the desk where the managers hang out, usually next to the snack bar (not the returns or membership desk) and ask them for one.

They might have a bunch - even for people who don't get to shop in The Very Extra Special Finsters Only Section.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
They might have a bunch - even for people who don't get to shop in The Very Extra Special Finsters Only Section.
Which is obviously me since I'm still buying pre-made ice cream, lol.

Good idea. Now all I need is the gumption to get up and go.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:12 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,786,648 times
Hi Fin! Nice to see you on the P&OC forum! Usually I stay a mile away from the idiocracy of most on that forum but I saw the thread title on the home page screen and OMG... reminded why I left in the first place! (But of course, I had to say something first )

Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Hi Fin! Nice to see you on the P&OC forum! Usually I stay a mile away from the idiocracy of most on that forum but I saw the thread title on the home page screen and OMG... reminded why I left in the first place! (But of course, I had to say something first )
Thanks! Yeah, I pop over occasionally to see what the crazy people are up too! I don't post very often though. Just CRAZY.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:43 PM

5,930 posts, read 5,917,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
txt, your mom sounds like a piece of work. I'm sorry she treats you like that. BUT we have all said before that you need to stop blaming her and move on. Make a better life for yourself than she has. You can't choose your family. I would think that her behavior would be even more incentive for you to get your butt in gear and get a career (not a job, a career) going so you could be free of her.
I just can't get over that. TG and I have talked about it before, I have even talked to my grandmother about it. I just am so pissed at her...its worse now more than ever. I just can't get past some of the **** does and says to me. She knows exactly where to get me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Yes, you should. Now. Boy, that'll fix her.

But first, do one thing. Go find the thread about "why do American parents kick their kids out at eighteen" and post a couple of paragraphs about your life.
I definitely dont have a place to live so I could just go stick my stuff in storage and then crash at someones house. Just get out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
The iPad saved me last summer when my 4 year old niece was with me for over a week. We had nothing for a little one. She picked up how to use that thing in a heartbeat.

I can see how Angry Birds could be educational! It's also addicting and frustrating. I played it wayyyy to much last weekend.

I too get tired of the bad rap technology gets. The evils with anything with a screen. It can be a great thing if used properly. I know I've said it before, but.... there are so many things our son has researched, etc. online and that was how he was able to restore his Jeep himself. That's also how he has taught himself to to maintenance and repairs.

I could go on and on but I know I'm preaching to the choir here....
My brother taught himself how to play piano by watching stuff on youtube, he can't read music to save his life but he sure can play by ear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting