Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,354,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh yeah! I have a favorite vanilla cookie with frosting I make. I cut out the cookies in the shape of a football. The icing is red and white. I put the players names or numbers on the cookies. I'd love to find football player shaped cookie cutters. That would rock.
Do you actually pipe lacing on? That would be cool. Football player shape would be cool but the icing would be very challenging!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:04 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,929,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd love to find football player shaped cookie cutters. That would rock.
Amazon.com: R&M FOOTBALL PLAYER 4.5" Metal Cookie Cutter: Home & Garden

College, University and NCAA Cookie Cutters, State Shapes, Sports Shapes, Alphabet Letter Cookie Cutters

My sister does cookies professionally. There is nothing you can't find in a cookie cutter!

Some of the intricate stuff she does is unbelievable.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:06 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,892,955 times
Howdy folks!

Looks like it's been a rough week for C-D Moms Who Rock I need to catch up on all the goings-on, but hope things start to improve for those of you with family illnesses and impending sacrifices to the car gods.

On an unrelated note, and perhaps this is pregnancy hormone-induced, but I'm getting a little sick of the perpetual threads standing in judgment of parents, parenting style, daring to bring your children out in public and daring to be pregnant in public. Grrrrrr. If these people want to see some bad parenting, I highly suggest going to Sesame Place (where we were yesterday).

Old 08-11-2011, 11:06 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,020,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Do you actually pipe lacing on? That would be cool. Football player shape would be cool but the icing would be very challenging!
Sometimes. I'm a baker and this particular cookie is usually my masterpiece. I make them for special occasions. Problem is you put hours into decorating cookies then the men grab them, don't even notice you've given Fitz dreads, and just chomp away. (I've found women are much more appreciative, lol.)

For these I'll spread the icing on then cheat and use pre-packaged icing tubes for the names and numbers. Lots of sugar sprinkles and cinnamon dots.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:11 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,354,751 times
I love cookies. I love the idea of intricate icing. I have learned that I do not have the patience nor the steady hand required - and it hurts my hands! Same reason I learned long long ago that knitting is beyond me. I'm good as long as all that is required is neatly icing the cookie and putting on sprinkles and other decorations while the icing is still damp. Much more than that and I'm out. I bow down in homage to those who can do all that.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,843,634 times
I wish I was as creative as you guys. My mom always made our birthday cakes. For my 3rd birthday, she did a stand up barbie. Like the ones you can get in the stores now. A real barbie in the middle and cake and frosting around her to make her big ball gown type skirt.

I think the most impressive one she did though was a football player. She made an entire torso and head that was a life size replica of my 13 year old football player brother. She made it so it stood up on the table. She did all of the details down to the stistches in the Jersey. She made her food coloring for the icing match his jersey color exactly. There were grass stains on the jersey. The helmet had little dings and scratches. She didn't leave out any details. I wish I could have gotten some of her talent for those things.

Who knew that her little hobby could have made her a lot of money these days with all of the shows on about this kind of thing.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:47 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,843,634 times
I think I am trying to get into trouble for posting OT so much today. It is like I can't help it.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I think I am trying to get into trouble for posting OT so much today. It is like I can't help it.
Sometimes it's impossible.

Re: Being able to bake. We all have our talents. I can't make a really great cup of coffee to save my soul. (Though my excuse these days is it has to be decaffe.) So it all evens out.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,687,327 times
I'm heading out to the dentist to have another filling replaced.

When I had this done last month, it hurt like crazy for three weeks afterwards. It hurt to chew. It hurt for cold and hot.

Thankfully, it stopped hurting after a few weeks. But now it's time to get another one fixed! I hope this time is a quicker transition afterwards.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:57 PM

Good luck Hopes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting