U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
 
1,933 posts, read 1,727,316 times
Reputation: 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm heading out to the dentist to have another filling replaced.

When I had this done last month, it hurt like crazy for three weeks afterwards. It hurt to chew. It hurt for cold and hot.

Thankfully, it stopped hurting after a few weeks. But now it's time to get another one fixed! I hope this time is a quicker transition afterwards.

Good luck on that! Tooth pain no fun


Do you ladies have any recommendations on a child nudist?

In recent weeks and I know it has been extremely hot Toddler X feels the need to run around the house in the buff and pull on his weiner. Keep putting clothes on and yet I will find a piled heap of clothes five minutes later in the kitchen.

The problem is he is starting school in two weeks and I am afraid I will get a call "Mrs. X your son has been running nude and pulling his weiner, he refuses to leave his clothes on." What can I do besides velcroing or crazy gluing his clothes on? Also since he has started this, he has taken to pottying in the big toilet not on his potty.

 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Status: "New user name, still old self!" (set 3 days ago)
 
4,466 posts, read 5,726,483 times
Reputation: 3614
I wouldn't worry about it Mrs.X.

I remember when our son was little, he would run around naked for a long time after taking a bath. This did not translate over into other areas though!

And I think it's a good thing he's using the big potty now!
 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:21 PM
 
Location: On a Voyage Around the Sun
21,243 posts, read 11,775,303 times
Reputation: 22700
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
In recent weeks and I know it has been extremely hot Toddler X feels the need to run around the house in the buff and pull on his weiner.
I had one who liked to run out the front door and share his naked goodness with the neighbors. And it didn't need to be extremely hot. Yep. DH was sure he was headed for a big career in porn, lol.

OK. I am feeling like an old hippie today. Some of the attitudes I'm seeing on here today might force me to get my love beads out of the drawer and put "Give Peace a Chance" on the stereo. Or maybe "White Rabbit". That'll get 'em.

Wait. Two Mormons in full Mormon Wear just went down the street on bikes. Maybe they'll get my lecture on free love.
 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:32 PM
 
1,933 posts, read 1,727,316 times
Reputation: 1903
I hope so! He loves being naked and today he has been really good at using the potty.
 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
 
1,933 posts, read 1,727,316 times
Reputation: 1903
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I had one who liked to run out the front door and share his naked goodness with the neighbors. And it didn't need to be extremely hot. Yep. DH was sure he was headed for a big career in porn, lol.

OK. I am feeling like an old hippie today. Some of the attitudes I'm seeing on here today might force me to get my love beads out of the drawer and put "Give Peace a Chance" on the stereo. Or maybe "White Rabbit". That'll get 'em.

Wait. Two Mormons in full Mormon Wear just went down the street on bikes. Maybe they'll get my lecture on free love.
LMAO.....Mr.X feels the same about it!

I wonder what the Mormons will think about your lecture!
 
Old 08-11-2011, 12:58 PM
 
Location: On a Voyage Around the Sun
21,243 posts, read 11,775,303 times
Reputation: 22700
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
LMAO.....Mr.X feels the same about it!

I wonder what the Mormons will think about your lecture!
They looked like nice guys. I put a couple of root beers in the fridge in case they come to the door. I'll give 'em a break and give the lecture to the cat.
 
Old 08-11-2011, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Denver area
16,913 posts, read 11,694,045 times
Reputation: 18853
Afternoon you all....today is going better. DS is still feeling icky but able to do some homework (assignments are posted online thankfully) so hopefully it won't be awful for him to try to catch up later on. DD took me out to lunch and the car place called and told me the car was ready for pick up and it was only the battery. That is a big relief to my day!
 
Old 08-11-2011, 01:24 PM
 
Location: here
16,822 posts, read 13,587,382 times
Reputation: 13469
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Afternoon you all....today is going better. DS is still feeling icky but able to do some homework (assignments are posted online thankfully) so hopefully it won't be awful for him to try to catch up later on. DD took me out to lunch and the car place called and told me the car was ready for pick up and it was only the battery. That is a big relief to my day!
good to hear! I'm logging off to do some more CE units. TTYL
 
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
 
7,249 posts, read 8,521,492 times
Reputation: 12156
Num, had to stop and and tell you how much I appreciated your comments about letting your kids graze off of the plates of strangers at restaurants. Totally made my day , although things were looking up with Dew's full-Mormon wear comment. We live at the top of a steep driveway. Nobody climbs it without a darn good reason. Mormon and 7th Day-er free here.

I have a vent I need to let go. Why do people hear something completely outrageous and then post it on Facebook, or send out multiple emails, without at least making sure it's true? Huh? I must know too many idiots.

Did a quick Costco run, just to make sure they still had cream puffs (a yup), and picked up a new inhaler for DS. What used to cost about $15.00 is now almost $40 after the co-pay. I told him if he loses it or sends it into the washing machine again we will have words.

MM, happy DS is sounding more chipper. Preggo CD'ers, put your feet up. It's wine time for me.
 
Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Unknown. Where am I? Am I lost?
5,436 posts, read 3,044,008 times
Reputation: 2388
Last year I applied to Best Buy. It was hell getting ahold of the lady I was suppose to talk to. It was always "call at X time and we'll talk" or whatever and I would call and it would always be one thing or another, with a customer, GM was in the building, out at lunch, she had just left......
I reapplied the other day, I get a call back from this same lady, AGAIN I call and she tells me she'll have to call me back in a few hours. Thing is she won't call me back in a few hours and I'll end up calling and she'll be gone for the day or whatever.

How do you work through that?
I'm going to keep going after this position this time but I already want to pull my hair out!
Is there anything as a interviewee can do to make this run smoother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:01 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top