Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 08:56 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times

Advertisements

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR.
I NEED a job.
I can't sit here and count on myself and then screw it up because I did the wrong thing.
I need advice for this because I HAVE to get a job.

I have bills to pay.
Know what, I'll just go ask someone else what the **** to wear to some ****ty establishment where you don't necessarily need to dress up for anything.

I KNOW what to wear when applying to retail, I know what to wear to really important jobs.
I DON'T KNOW THE ****ING BOUNDARIES AT WALMART!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:00 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Let me google that for you

Old 08-19-2011, 09:06 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
I can't stop giggling right now......

Old 08-19-2011, 09:10 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I can't stop giggling right now......
We'll just call you Anderson Coop today!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Thanks coop...DS just called to remind me its back to school night. Last one. I'm not going. I'm beat. First one I've ever missed.
I think it is quite an accomplishment that you've made it to all of them so far! You have a good excuse for missing this one, so don't worry about it. I hope you you have DD home soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I have an interview with walmart today.
What do I wear to an interview at walmart?

Usually I go based off how nice the employees dress but everyone I see looks so sloppy and just seem to wear whatever resembles navy and khaki.

I have a pair of grey pants from american eagle, they look like khaki's but are a dark stone grey.
I don't know what kind of top to pair it with.
And I have black underarmor running shoes, flip flops and uggs still. No new shoe additions.

Any ideas on what in the world I could possibly wear? Use the pants as a starting block because my dress pants and tennis shoes look ridiculous.
DO NOT wear flip flops. DO NOT wear jeans.

DO wear a collared shirt.

With your first pay check, buy some nicer shoes. Good luck.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:15 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
DS5 and DH have been sick with a cold all week. I woke up with it this morning Last night was one of those nights with 4 events between the older 3 family members. I'm tired. At least I don't have to be anywhere until 1pm.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:20 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Morning all.

Aww Coop. I feel for you. Yep, chin up.

Hope MM and DD are OK.

Hope you feel better Kibbie. (Just saw your post.)

We had a major Monsoon storm last night. Big wall of dust blew through. Of course all the recycle wheelie-bins had been put out on the street and blew over. Then it started pouring rain. DH picked up our share of the soggy mess this morning. We had lightning so I thought of you Philly area ladies.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:26 AM

13,412 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
We'll just call you Anderson Coop today!
DUDE! Awesome.

TXT - what the figgety fug makes you think we know what you should wear to a Walmart interview? I dunno. I doubt anybody else does either.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, because I sound like my mother, but: Use your initiative. FFS.

Why are you deciding the morning of? You should have thought about this last night.

And if you're posting this because you want a pat on the back for interviewing - good, I'm glad you're interviewing - BUT - no special kudos to you for doing what you should have been doing all along.

People have their precious lambs in the hospital, for crying out loud. Put some clothes on and get out of here. GAWD.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:32 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
DUDE! Awesome.

TXT - what the figgety fug makes you think we know what you should wear to a Walmart interview? I dunno. I doubt anybody else does either.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, because I sound like my mother, but: Use your initiative. FFS.

Why are you deciding the morning of? You should have thought about this last night.

And if you're posting this because you want a pat on the back for interviewing - good, I'm glad you're interviewing - BUT - no special kudos to you for doing what you should have been doing all along.

People have their precious lambs in the hospital, for crying out loud. Put some clothes on and get out of here. GAWD.
Experience, knowledge, you guys tell me whats best to do all the time, wouldn't I just assume SOMEONE, ANYONE would know what was appropriate??

And like I said I am sorry to hear that.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 AM

13,412 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Experience, knowledge, you guys tell me whats best to do all the time, wouldn't I just assume SOMEONE, ANYONE would know what was appropriate??

And like I said I am sorry to hear that.
Why don't YOU know? WHY? You're the one that works in retail. You're the one currently interviewing. But really, it's pretty obvious.

Wear something CLEAN AND PROFESSIONAL.

There, that's not so hard now, is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting