Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 09:46 AM

13,413 posts, read 9,941,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Morning all.....

Late check in here.....exhausted from kayaking across the Pacific Ocean. At least I got a break in Hawaii <wipes sweat off brow>

Zimbo - don't know where you find these things....love it though!
Ha! Brilliant.

Some programmer kids are having a laugh over at Google. I put in the directions from Australia to the US and it didn't give me any, so I reckon this is their idea of a giggle. Ah kids these days.... (get off my lawn!).

Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Morning MM. How are DD and DS getting along?

Old 08-20-2011, 09:54 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Morning Dew!

DS seems to be at 100% - yay!

DD is making progress. Very sore and a bit nauseous but she will need to be up and moving about today. Could be long day here

Saw highlights of your Cards game on ESPN this morning....sorry...but that's what preseason games are for right? Did Fitz get signed yet? I read somewhere that he thought they were close....

I guess we'll see how the Broncos do tonight. They're not saying which QB will come out after Orton....my money is on Quinn. We'll see.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:59 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Very glad to hear DS is well, MM. Here's hoping DD does better today. Nausea after surgery is no fun at all. Neither is pain, come to think of it.

No, Fitz isn't signed yet. He says they're "close". He made an especially spectacular catch last night. I'm assuming they'll show it on various "great play" clips this week. The ultimate diving/shoestring catch.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:00 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Very glad to hear DS is well, MM. Here's hoping DD does better today. Nausea after surgery is no fun at all. Neither is pain, come to think of it.

No, Fitz isn't signed yet. He says they're "close". He made an especially spectacular catch last night. I'm assuming they'll show it on various "great play" clips this week. The ultimate diving/shoestring catch.
I saw that catch on ESPN this morning - meant to mention it....he does like using his head doesn't he? LOL....

Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I hope you get some good pictures!
Thanks - we're about to see. Waiting for DH to download onto computer. It was a bit torturous at first because he did not want to be doing pictures. But he finally snapped out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Coop - I thought you were going to suggest our time off be spent paddling to or from Japan . Margarita's in Mexico hold a much greater appeal!
I think so too!

Sad part is, the timeshare has gone unused for the last couple of years. But once DS is off to college we'll get back into going. I love going.

Glad everyone is okay from all the natural disasters!

Old 08-20-2011, 12:01 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
MM - I loved the leather pants byline. Too funny! Glad DD is a bit better today.

Fin - Get off my lawn!

Coop - I read somewhere, can't remember where, that trips to timeshares in Mexico were originally included in the healthcare bill. Gotta go!

Lot's of Turkey-rolls around and about at the moment. Getting very tedious.

Last edited by Zimbochick; 08-20-2011 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: ETA

Old 08-20-2011, 01:13 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,191,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR.
I NEED a job.
I can't sit here and count on myself and then screw it up because I did the wrong thing.
I need advice for this because I HAVE to get a job.

I have bills to pay.
Know what, I'll just go ask someone else what the **** to wear to some ****ty establishment where you don't necessarily need to dress up for anything.

I KNOW what to wear when applying to retail, I know what to wear to really important jobs.
I DON'T KNOW THE ****ING BOUNDARIES AT WALMART!
Girl, you need to get your act together, because honestly, if you come off like this in interviews nobody's going to want to hire you. Even so-far-beneath-the-Princess Walmart.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This should make you laugh (reminded me of your coach story), and yes, an actual email I was oh so lucky to receive yesterday:

Dear Zimbo - I am so glad our girls are in the same class again this year, and we'll be room moms together. YAY! Little DevilSpawnette begged me to be room mom, that's really the only reason I signed up. I hate talking to groups of people, am not artsy, so can't really help with the craft projects, and don't think I'll be good at managing the money or volunteer schedules. Sorry you couldn't get hold of me before the parent meeting, but you did an awesome job getting everything organized in time. Do we all need to take a turn reading to the class? I don't really like doing it, maybe I'll see if someone else will do it for me. Hey, let me know if I can help with anything.

Um...what, exactly, does this Precious Darling do?

Old 08-20-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Dear Mommy of Little DevilSpawnette.

Well, first I'm SO glad that LDSpawnette knows how to whine and beg. It's such a necessary life skill. You must be proud.

I totally know what you mean about not being able to do anything most people can do while they are actually living a life. I mean, WOW!, it's just so hard to be as special and helpless as a kitten. A cute little kitten. So you really think I do an awesome job getting organized in time? Pishaw. It's just little old me doing nothing special. I mean it's not like I'm solving the federal budget problems or anything. You're just buttering me up you silly girl!

No. You can't help me with anything. Because, silly me, I'm just smart enough to not get roped into anything to save your size 0 butt which you only have because you are in the gym and not doing things like, I don't know, organizing things.

Let me know if I can do anything for you. Really. Like pick up the tab at lunch.

Huggies!

Zimbo
THAT is fabulous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting