U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-03-2011, 10:21 PM
 
7,146 posts, read 8,383,160 times
Reputation: 11904
Thanks all (blushing) "That dress" is on my profile page.

Youngest didn't come home after all. He got a last minute invitation to a friend's lake house. I grocery shopped this morning in anticipation, so I would love a big freezer right now. My mother always had one. It came in handy the year she was a volunteer in our school cafeteria, and ordered 12 gross of ice cream instead of 12 cases. She felt obligated to pay for the excess, so our freezer and those of several neighbors were full of ice cream for months. Good times

rbk, I didn't get the fuss over that book either. My book club read it last year. I don't remember liking the main characters very much.

Are you sure the shoes made it back to MIL's feet?

 
Old 09-04-2011, 03:07 AM
 
41,398 posts, read 45,486,692 times
Reputation: 26798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Hopes - what a little punk! It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to suggest they be excluded from a class cannot pass without some sort of repurcussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Hopes, how did the teacher answer the kid? Sorry - not kid - disrespectful punk.
I didn't witness the instructor's reaction first hand because I had walked out. But he told me that he made it clear to the entire class that HE is the only person who dictates class participation. Then the little snot went up to him after class and apologized saying he "felt terrible for what he did" to me, and the instructor told him that he's talking to the wrong person, that he should be talking to me, not the instructor.

I highly doubt the little snot feels terrible for what he did to me. I highly doubt he will apologize to me. If anything, he feels terrible it backfired and the instructor straightened him out in front of the class. IMO that's the only reason the little snot apologized to the instructor---because he's worried about what the instructor thinks or will do.

Over the past few days, I've been mentally preparing myself to walk into the class again. The thought of the little snot apologizing to me is a little too much for me to overcome. I know the proper thing to do is graciously accept his apology, but I really don't want to let him off so easily. (You can imagine all of the things I'd LIKE to say!) As a result, I hope I'm right about his motive only being concerned for the instructor and he doesn't apologize so I don't have to deal with that. If he does, I'll handle it appropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Anyone else here Mother Confessor? A friend just called. An hour on the phone listening to all her problems.

I'm going to start charging by the hour just for saying, "Yeah. Uh, huh. No. Yes. Really?"

She had to rush off. I hung up, looked at the phone, and said, "We're OK. Thank you for asking."
My older sister always does that. She just did it today! We had been playing phone tag all week. She called me while I was at the funeral. I was trying to respond to her missed call with a text when she called again and I accidently answered the phone before I walked into the funeral luncheon. Since she wanted to talk about a childhood friend who had died two weeks ago, I decided to take a few moments to talk with her before I walked into the restaurant. I told her I only had a few minutes, I was at a furneral and about to walk into the restaurant, and I was so sorry to hear about her friend. Then she went on and on and on. I coudn't interject a word. And she wasn't even really mourning her friend. It was all about her (as always) and she was the center of the story, instrumental in all aspects of importance. I finally was able to tell her that I needed to go, would call her in a few hours. She got an attitude and said that I probably wouldn't be able to reach her later. When I hung up, the very first thought in my mind was that she never asked how we were doing, never even asked whose funeral I was at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I hopefully knew what I was doing and set it to private per MM's advice. Thanks.
You did it right. I can't see anything. Just sent my request now. Looking forward to seeing it soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Suddenly a guy and a couple of his presumed mates up and runs from behind me, out the stage door and down the stairs. I walked up on stage and asked what was going on. One of the Oil's crew, Jock, says "Didn't you see those guys behind you trying to grab your ass while you were pushing those cases out? We just thought we'd stand here for a minute. Nobody's going to hassle you while you're on our crew."
That's an awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So here's the moral of my story. Just keep being you and doing what you do. Don't let the kids intimidate you. They'll come around. Don't try and move classes because they don't seem to accept you in the beginning. Once they find out how fabulous you are, they'll change their tune, and they'll have more respect for you for hanging in there and proving them wrong than they would if you let them get to you. And what's more, you'll have a lot of respect for you. You go girl. Just remember the CDMWR are standing on the stage behind you.
I'm going to stick with it. It just sucks. It's going to be hard to not change how I participate. And I know it's important to continue participating like nothing happened. That's going to be the most difficult part.
 
Old 09-04-2011, 06:51 AM
 
4,460 posts, read 5,665,634 times
Reputation: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I grocery shopped this morning in anticipation, so I would love a big freezer right now.
You should go get a small one - that aren't terribly expensive. I seriously never thought I'd be so exciting getting a freezer but I am! I'm thinking of all the possibilities!

Morning all!
 
Old 09-04-2011, 07:05 AM
 
4,460 posts, read 5,665,634 times
Reputation: 3601
Well, I was going to take my cup of coffee and sit out on the patio as I always to on the weekend mornings - but it's 45 degrees outside! Guess that won't be happening.....
 
Old 09-04-2011, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
11,925 posts, read 5,496,470 times
Reputation: 11232
Good Morning All!

Coop - 45! That's a quick drop.

We had the funniest thing happen. We had a few kids over to play, there was a group of about 6 kids sitting together, and the most awful, nauseating smell I have ever smelt. I slowly mosey around them trying to figure it out, and my less than tactful DH walks in with this pained look on his face and of course loudly "What the hell is that smell?" I see they have all kicked their shoes off, so I figure it must be that, I put all the shoes outside the front door. Nope, still super stinky. Now I'm trying to cook dinner, and I just can't, it's just so off-putting. I decide to go do some gardening. Bad idea, when you walk back in from the outside, it's even worse. The dog wants out, she can't take it. Anyway, DH and I finally figure out it's one of the kids feet. I mean seriously, I can't imagine how long it must have been that this kid took a shower for his feet to smell like that? Took about 12 hours to get the smell out of the house.
 
Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 AM
 
4,460 posts, read 5,665,634 times
Reputation: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Good Morning All!

Coop - 45! That's a quick drop.

We had the funniest thing happen. We had a few kids over to play, there was a group of about 6 kids sitting together, and the most awful, nauseating smell I have ever smelt. I slowly mosey around them trying to figure it out, and my less than tactful DH walks in with this pained look on his face and of course loudly "What the hell is that smell?" I see they have all kicked their shoes off, so I figure it must be that, I put all the shoes outside the front door. Nope, still super stinky. Now I'm trying to cook dinner, and I just can't, it's just so off-putting. I decide to go do some gardening. Bad idea, when you walk back in from the outside, it's even worse. The dog wants out, she can't take it. Anyway, DH and I finally figure out it's one of the kids feet. I mean seriously, I can't imagine how long it must have been that this kid took a shower for his feet to smell like that? Took about 12 hours to get the smell out of the house.
lol! Okay - how did he figure out it was someone's feet? That is so funny. Instead of a shoes off rule you might have to institute a shoes ON rule.
 
Old 09-04-2011, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
11,925 posts, read 5,496,470 times
Reputation: 11232
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
lol! Okay - how did he figure out it was someone's feet? That is so funny. Instead of a shoes off rule you might have to institute a shoes ON rule.
Hehe, I don't know. He's got a nose like a blood-hound.
 
Old 09-04-2011, 10:34 AM
 
Location: You know... That place
1,899 posts, read 1,212,198 times
Reputation: 2015
Hopes, I am sure you will continue to handle the situation with class.


I am glad it is cooling off for some of you. It isn't too unbearably hot today, but the humidity is so bad it is almost hard to breathe.


I have a question for all of you. Do you ever see or hear a news story that even a couple of years later you can still remember all of the deatils because it is just so horrible? Fo some reason I cannot get this one out of my head. No bail for Florida man charged after baby thrown from car - CNN. It just makes me sick. Just living in the same area as this monster makes me feel dirty.
 
Old 09-04-2011, 11:36 AM
 
Location: here
16,822 posts, read 13,435,311 times
Reputation: 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Thanks all (blushing) "That dress" is on my profile page.

Youngest didn't come home after all. He got a last minute invitation to a friend's lake house. I grocery shopped this morning in anticipation, so I would love a big freezer right now. My mother always had one. It came in handy the year she was a volunteer in our school cafeteria, and ordered 12 gross of ice cream instead of 12 cases. She felt obligated to pay for the excess, so our freezer and those of several neighbors were full of ice cream for months. Good times

rbk, I didn't get the fuss over that book either. My book club read it last year. I don't remember liking the main characters very much.

Are you sure the shoes made it back to MIL's feet?
The characters just didn't have much to them, I guess.
kind of unremarkable. The shoes migrated to the corner of the family room.

Cool morning here. After a month straight of 90's, this weekend of highs in the 70's feels very fall-like.

Zimbo- gross. I dread the teen years with my boys and their friends.
 
Old 09-04-2011, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
11,925 posts, read 5,496,470 times
Reputation: 11232
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
The shoes migrated to the corner of the family room.
Just be grateful the shoes aren't stinky. No really!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top