Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 09:34 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
How does that work? Fear of seeing it? Fear of doing it? Fear of cleaning it?
Everything - although I can sort of handle cleaning it. It is a good thing DS was not much of a vomit-er and he knew early on to get to the bathroom. DH handled it when he was really little.

I won't tell you all why I have such a phobia as you would all be totally grossed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I know. That's why I would like to say my son would never do that, but have learned never to say never!
lol! It took many years of teaching our son how to handle his temper. He was always such a quite guy - so if something triggered him, the teacher would be beyond shocked. He was also very little, but at some point, everyone knew not to make him mad!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:49 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Okey dokey Hopes: Do Not apologize to Little Mr. Snot Nose. (Hereafter known as LMSN.) If he apologizes (and if any of his co-horts do) all you say is "Apology accepted." DO NOT say anything like, "Well it was my fault too." or "We all got a little heated". Because this is on HIM. You don't own any part of his rudeness.

"Apology accepted" then you open up your book and let the instructor take it from there. Do not let this kid off the hook. But be Lady Grand - Dignity! - when you accept his apology. This kid has to learn the lesson that he was rude as h--- and it's not acceptable. Ever.

Then there's a second part: Sometime this year LMSN is not going to know the answer to something. Or he's going to be called on and not have anything to say. That is when you, Lady Grand Hopes, raise your lovely hand and answers. Or makes a point that is so full of wisdom the class is stunned. At that point you turn - slowly - to LMSN and give him "The Look". The all-knowing Look that says "I know you are an idiot and you know you are an idiot. But I'm not going to embarass you by pointing that out." Just The Look.

In my house this is called "Erasing the Checkmark".

Hope this makes sense as I am typing like mad. Remember NO APOLOGY. Just I accept your apology. Got any music with you? Put on some Butt Kicking I Am Woman music, ramp yourself up, and go get them!!!
Thanks, Dew!

Rest assured, I had no intention of apologizing to LMSN. My biggest fear is that I'll give him a piece of my mind. My goal is to simply accept his apology----period. That's why I blew off the other classes. I can't go in there being annoyed by other crap. I need to focus on graciously accpeting his apology without elaborating or losing my cool.

LMAO @ "The Look." I assure you he'll provide many opportunities for "The Look." That's what caused this mess in the first place. He says the stupidist **** on a constant basis. (I suspect his mind was brainwashed by his parent's illogical views.) Looking back over the past two weeks, I realize that my participation completely destroyed his positions with intelligent, sound, calm logic. That's his real problem with me. It wasn't my intention but I guess he felt like an ass, which ultimately caused him to make a greater ass of himself.

I'm also trying hard to motivate myself to continue my participation like nothing happened. It's tempting to participate less but that would be a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I won't tell you all why I have such a phobia as you would all be totally grossed out.
Enough said! I trust you have GOOD reason!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:53 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Okey dokey Hopes: Do Not apologize to Little Mr. Snot Nose. (Hereafter known as LMSN.) If he apologizes (and if any of his co-horts do) all you say is "Apology accepted." DO NOT say anything like, "Well it was my fault too." or "We all got a little heated". Because this is on HIM. You don't own any part of his rudeness.

"Apology accepted" then you open up your book and let the instructor take it from there. Do not let this kid off the hook. But be Lady Grand - Dignity! - when you accept his apology. This kid has to learn the lesson that he was rude as h--- and it's not acceptable. Ever.

Then there's a second part: Sometime this year LMSN is not going to know the answer to something. Or he's going to be called on and not have anything to say. That is when you, Lady Grand Hopes, raise your lovely hand and answers. Or makes a point that is so full of wisdom the class is stunned. At that point you turn - slowly - to LMSN and give him "The Look". The all-knowing Look that says "I know you are an idiot and you know you are an idiot. But I'm not going to embarass you by pointing that out." Just The Look.

In my house this is called "Erasing the Checkmark".

Hope this makes sense as I am typing like mad. Remember NO APOLOGY. Just I accept your apology. Got any music with you? Put on some Butt Kicking I Am Woman music, ramp yourself up, and go get them!!!
Dew, you are wise like Yoda.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
"Judge me by my size, do you?"

(I stole that from a Disneyland t-shirt. Yoda is standing in front of a "You must be this tall" ride sign. Totally cool shirt.)

Old 09-06-2011, 10:22 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I am happy to hear that LSE went off to school with no problem.
FR & Ewag - Are you telling me that you can be inside your house AND the house can be child-free at the same time? I thought that was an urban legend.
Ha! It is, it is - I was just pretending to be home alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I remember feeling like I didn't know what to do with myself! Reminds me of when they first went to sleepovers. Hubby and I just sat and stared at each other, feeling like we should go out but comfortable in our routine of staying home.
Aw, that's really cute!

Quote:
Quote:
"Judge me by my size, do you?"

(I stole that from a Disneyland t-shirt. Yoda is standing in front of a "You must be this tall" ride sign. Totally cool shirt.)

Wise in the ways of the apologies, are you, hmmmmm. And dignity, yes.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 AM

So LSE did great at school! I have no idea what he did all morning, since he's not telling me, but apparently it was so fun he didn't want to leave when I came to pick him up. So much so that he apparently burst into tears when he saw the car and was saying "Again? Again? More school?" tearfully until I explained he is going back on Thursday!

Well, I'd rather have him hate to leave school than hate to go, right? Kids are so funny and quirky.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
So LSE did great at school!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:47 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Yay LSE!

So who on earth came up with the idea of boy scout patches? Whoever they are, they should have to sew these stupid things on every boy scout uniform themselves!

Old 09-06-2011, 11:08 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
So LSE did great at school! I have no idea what he did all morning, since he's not telling me, but apparently it was so fun he didn't want to leave when I came to pick him up. So much so that he apparently burst into tears when he saw the car and was saying "Again? Again? More school?" tearfully until I explained he is going back on Thursday!

Well, I'd rather have him hate to leave school than hate to go, right? Kids are so funny and quirky.
That's fantastic news! Very proud of LSE!

On a related note, MissFR just said "You're not going to leave me at that school, are you Mommy?" to which I very eloquently replied "um ah errr.. how about we just see how you do". Yikes!

Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
That's fantastic news! Very proud of LSE!

On a related note, MissFR just said "You're not going to leave me at that school, are you Mommy?" to which I very eloquently replied "um ah errr.. how about we just see how you do". Yikes!
Thanks, guys!

Hmmmm, and oh no - may I recommend "Llama, Llama Misses Mama"? It's about little llama's first day of school where he's sad and shy but he has fun and mama llama comes back and he realizes he loves mama and school. We've been reading it non-stop!

Poor Miss FR and poor FR - nothing like a little one to ask the awkward questions! Does Miss FR's school give you an option to stay for a little bit and then fade yourself out over time? Hugs to you! It's rough being the mama llama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting