Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 11:36 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times

Advertisements

I'm glad you are feeling better Hopes!

psr, that sounds wonderful! It has never been our thing to go to the same place every year (growing up or now w/ my own kids). We have talked about getting a place in the mountains someday, but we are torn between that and traveling to see different things each year. We have a long list of road trip we want to take. I'm afraid if we ever bought a place, we'd never see all that we want to. That's why we might buy a camper instead.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oooh. Sorry about the flat. I LOVE Centennial. Watched the original, got it on VHS and have it now on DVD. I adore Jake Pasquinel. (Yes. I like the bad boys.)

FIN: I'm going to be thinking of my 5 questions.

DH is re-arranging today. This is dangerous. He also has "the look" that says "Man on a mission". I don't know whether to stay out of his way or go in and protect "my" stuff, lol.
right now I'm loving Levi the shunned Mennonite.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:08 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times
Afternoon, folks!

Hopes, glad you're feeling a little better!

Humid as all get out and is the 90s over here - I feel silly complaining compared to the weather some of you have, but man this is yucky! I feel like a big pregnant blob of sweat! Good news is DH is putting up a ghetto pool in the backyard as we speak.....relief in sight!

On an unrelated note, it is a major pet peeve of mine when people mistake opinion for fact. And then post opinions as fact, especially when they can have a negative impact on others.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
right now I'm loving Levi the shunned Mennonite.
Oh, yeah! The farm and town scenes were filmed in Ohio in the area my dad grew up in. The town scenes were filmed in Roscoe Village. What you see on film is how the town looks today. (We were there on vacation.) Very cool.

My dad really enjoyed Levi. Said he was a very believable character. (Never mind that Gregory Harrison is not hard to look at.) Let us know when you're done and I'll tell you my favorites. Don't want to spoil anything for you.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:20 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
Ewag- I have decided that since I am always right about everything, my opinion will now be considered fact. I know what you mean by that. Do you think those people do it on purpose, or do you think that they "heard it somewhere one time" and actually believe it is fact?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:27 PM

So, you guys don't know this about me, but I am a nail polish junkie. I haven't had my nails (finger or toe) unpolished in probably 15 years. I have all kinds of crazy colors. I also do crazy things with my nails. I decorate them for the holiday, etc. I did my 4th of July polish this morning. My fingers are pained in red, white and blue stripes. My toes are alternating red, white and blue. I thought about painting each finger like the flag, but thought that would take too much time.

Let's see if I can post a pic of my fingers:

Not a great quality pic, but hopefully you can see it. Anyone else have any quirky things that they do?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:30 PM

nice nails! I do my toes, never my fingers. It ships off to quickly.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:36 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Ewag- I have decided that since I am always right about everything, my opinion will now be considered fact. I know what you mean by that. Do you think those people do it on purpose, or do you think that they "heard it somewhere one time" and actually believe it is fact?
Purty nails!! I wish I had any skill at polishing - I am so not a real girl!

Haha! I always say "Just because I'm rarely wrong, doesn't mean my opinion is fact"
I honestly believe that they "heard it somewhere one time" and/or it was their personal experience and actually believe it's fact or applies to everyone. It just drives me nuts when it's misinformation that can so obviously hurt someone else. My in-laws are like this about anything scientifically or empirically based - science is not my opinion, people!

I apparently have my cranky pants on today....

Old 07-03-2011, 12:43 PM

I completely understand. I work with one of those people who is always wrong, but states every opinion as fact. "Buying a used car is a waste of money because you will spend so much money on repairs that it will cost you more in the long run. That is why I lease my truck." "It is IMPOSSIBLE for someone to live on their own making $15 per hour."

Ugh. He drives me nuts.

I know what you are talking about. When you are talking about someone's health, if you don't know, don't state your opinion as fact.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:11 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I'm glad you are feeling better Hopes!

psr, that sounds wonderful! It has never been our thing to go to the same place every year (growing up or now w/ my own kids). We have talked about getting a place in the mountains someday, but we are torn between that and traveling to see different things each year. We have a long list of road trip we want to take. I'm afraid if we ever bought a place, we'd never see all that we want to. That's why we might buy a camper instead.
When we have more money my hubby and I will visit other places, too. We'll always come back to this place, though. It just has that affect on my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting