Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 05:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,385,905 times

Advertisements

Yay - I ended up having a much better day than I started with...things have been slow at work which of course makes me nervous and I end up spreading work out so that I have enough to last all week. Well this afternoon, I was approached by a couple different managers about doing some extra project work for them - which really makes me breathe a lot easier. I was starting to wonder whether I should plan some time off. And this is typically our busy time....Anyway - I'm feeling much better on the work front....

Heading to the store to get stuff for dinner - I should have stopped earlier but forgot....

Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,955,158 times
So I applied to Best Buy this morning and got all ballsy and decided to go chat up a manager today about it.
Because I applied last year and during the time I played phone tag with the hiring manager I found another job but they are still hiring so I wanted to go for it and get in there and try really hard to get this.

I talked to a manager and he was like yeah we're really heavily hiring and we have two positions opening in the next month for the mobile consultant.

He took down my name and number and told me I SHOULD be getting a call within the week. I am so happy. I feel really good about this one, even better than I do about Aeropostale. I am really hoping that I get this position with them.

And you think I'm not doing anything to help my self....

Old 08-03-2011, 05:29 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,936,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
yay - i ended up having a much better day than i started with...things have been slow at work which of course makes me nervous and i end up spreading work out so that i have enough to last all week. Well this afternoon, i was approached by a couple different managers about doing some extra project work for them - which really makes me breathe a lot easier. I was starting to wonder whether i should plan some time off. And this is typically our busy time....anyway - i'm feeling much better on the work front....
Okay - keep trying to make a smiling face and it keeps changing!

I bet that's a huge relief.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,936,886 times
Huge relief about the extra work mm - not the smiley face!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Huge relief about the extra work mm - not the smiley face!

Yes it is! Especially since DH came home and said how much we owe the dentist for this crown. sigh...

Old 08-03-2011, 06:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,067,257 times
Very happy for you MM!!

What the heck is going on with Tebow/Orton?

Old 08-03-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Very happy for you MM!!

What the heck is going on with Tebow/Orton?
I haven't heard todays drama yet but it appears thats its more of

Old 08-03-2011, 06:32 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,084,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You know, I don't. That sounds like a great idea. Do they have an app for that? (not totally kidding!)

Aww, don't beat yourself up about it. I'm the same way. Just try and go more often now. No point worrying about how you dealt with it in the past.

Yay! Kindergarten! How fabulous. Good for you, Mom. Did you get all weepy?

I'm too nervous to do the automatic bill pay, or card pay. I get worried I won't have enough in our checking to cover it if I don't plan for it. If we had a set income I could probably let up a bit with all that.
the one bill that goes on the credit card is automatic, but its not like we're ever anywhere near the limit on it. The rest are not automatic. I have to go online and pay them.

No crying for me. I'm just not that type I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I do realise she would like me to move because its time but I am not going to pack my car up and live in it or live out on the street. I am going to get myself established in a job first and then go from there.

I was unwanted.
She got pregnant with some guy who was a jerk and left her then reappeared in my life at age two, then disappeared and then reappeared at age 9 and has been out of my life ever since.
She told me she wished she never had me, she told me that she wished she had just aborted me back then.
She never hugs me, never tells me she loves me, never calls me when I am gone for days or weeks or whatever. Never ask me to go to lunch or something. Doesn't text or call me if I am out when dinner is done and then yells at me because I am never home for dinner and the food goes to waste and even then she doesn't cook regularly.
My mom treats me like **** Fin.
She really does. I remember it was Christmas last year and I was sick and she didn't even want me here. The nanny family was in vail and I wanted to go over that night and stay the night and open presents in the morning and she wouldn't let me. I stayed alone that night and I hated.

She makes me feel so uncared for, she treats me like **** and she does things that make me wonder if she intentionally just likes to be a ***** towards me.

My 17 year old brother has free reign over everything.
That kid does whatever he wants, whenever he wants, with whoever he wants.
Yet she treats me like some untrustworthy criminal.
He can disappear with the SUV all day and she'll just sit at home and do nothing but had I wanted to use the car at 17 it was always no, I wasn't allowed, I didn't even have my license till I was almost 19 years old and he got his license at 16.

No, merely bringing me into the world doesn't count, the way she has treated me my whole life, the stuff she has said to me, the things I have been exposed to, the people she brought into my life when I was little, the abuse I went through. I don't owe her a damn thing, not a damn thing at all.

Did I mention the time a few months ago that I had a migraine, one of my worst? I was uncontrollably vomiting all over because I was in so much pain. I was shaking, weak, my head would start to hurt worse if I sat down or laid down and all that kept it from getting worse was walking around but I was so weak I didn't feel like I could stand any longer. It was bad. I was sitting in front of the toilet in the bathroom alternating between vomiting and crying on the phone to my grandmother while my mom had to shower and dry her hair plus do her make-up before she would even take me. Then she finally took me to the ER and then left me in the waiting room to continue uncontrollably throw by myself alone with no one to try and comfort me. Then showed back up told the doctor I was only coming in to get painkillers because she thinks I am addicted to pain killers and was exhibiting drug seeking behavior and then was shocked to find that no narcotics have EVER been used in the treatment of my migraines and that I actually was refusing any painkillers at the ER due to them making my migraines worse. THENNNN proceeded to yell at me on the car ride home JUST AFTER I had gotten out of the ER for a migraine.

WHAT A LOVING MOTHER!
I must be so indebted to this wonderful woman.
txt, your mom sounds like a piece of work. I'm sorry she treats you like that. BUT we have all said before that you need to stop blaming her and move on. Make a better life for yourself than she has. You can't choose your family. I would think that her behavior would be even more incentive for you to get your butt in gear and get a career (not a job, a career) going so you could be free of her.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,067,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I haven't heard todays drama yet but it appears thats its more of
I caught a bit of NFL Network. According to Lombardi (?) Broncos are going with Orton as their starter AND they may be shopping Tebow! I can't figure that out at all. Surely Timmy isn't trouble in the locker room, lol.

Or is he? Hmmm... I'd be ticked if I had a Tebow jersey and they trade him before he's really played.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:11 PM

Hmmmm....after looking around a bit...it seems that Orton is the guy (today)....and Tebow may even fall to QB3....but haven't heard anything about shopping him quite yet. DS will be crushed if they trade him.

No idea. We just seem to have one heck of a mess on our hands. Not sure Josh McD will be able to come to Denver without a disguise of some sort. I don't even know what to think. I just hope that we can come away with a "W" or two at some point.

It is really threatening rain here but not actually DOING much...lots of wind and grumbling though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting