Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 12:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Dew - so glad you are okay and only having fun - but you forgot the rule around here! You have to let us know so we don't worry!
Sorry.

Food report. We ate at a BJ's for lunch on Sat. It's a chain but I don't know how wide-spread. Best fish and chips! Just delicious. Also it was full of little kids. Not a peep out of any of them. DH didn't even notice until I pointed it out on our way out. I thought of all of you.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:12 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Couldn't help myself with that lunatic!

That's great. Fear of the dentist is a hard thing to deal with, so a positive experience is valuable. DS has health issues that has meant many doctor visits and many shots. I am very grateful he takes is all in stride. If it were DD in that situation, then....
I hear you - that thread has gotten even more inane over the last few posts. I can't even touch it at this point!

Here's hoping DS will keep it up - he surprised me at the ped last month, too - let the doctor look in his eyes, ears and throat and listen to his heart and lungs while sitting by himself in a chair, not a peep out of him. Shots, blood pressure, and being weighed? You'd think someone was trying to murder him!!

Do you think your DS is so good with his docs because of the frequency or is he just a mellow guy that way?

Old 08-15-2011, 12:13 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times
Ah, people, now I am craving peaches!! Preferably baked into a lovely cobbler.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:42 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Okay - I'll admit, mine isn't a true cobbler - this is what I do:

Easy Fruit Cobbler Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Seriously is quick and easy. I do add cinnamon to the batter and also vanilla, then put brown sugar on the top.

Hopes - I made this last night to finish up the cherry tomatoes that I had:

Pasta Pomodoro Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Ignore the picture though - not sure why they chose that one as it doesn't look like the finished product at all.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:02 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I hear you - that thread has gotten even more inane over the last few posts. I can't even touch it at this point!

Here's hoping DS will keep it up - he surprised me at the ped last month, too - let the doctor look in his eyes, ears and throat and listen to his heart and lungs while sitting by himself in a chair, not a peep out of him. Shots, blood pressure, and being weighed? You'd think someone was trying to murder him!!
We have the same issue. It's a tad embarrassing. Although she was a lot better today. So we actually accomplished something. Yay. Glad he did ok at the dentist, that's good. Hopefully he won't mind his own appointment.

Dew - glad you came out from under the sink. That's a smashing jacket your dad passed on to JD. (That's what I call him - in my mind we're on familiar terms ). Your dad was quite the debonair one, it would seem.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Your dad was quite the debonair one, it would seem.
Hola Fin!

JD would love my dad's wedding suit. 1940's style bouble breasted with 4" lapels. Dark brown. He wore it with a bow tie. It's packed away in the guest bedroom. We need to get JD on the horn!

Old 08-15-2011, 01:20 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Do you think your DS is so good with his docs because of the frequency or is he just a mellow guy that way?
That's a good question, and a hard one to answer. DS is pretty mellow by nature, that's probably some of it. I also think as this is a lifelong thing that he is going to have to deal with we have been pretty matter of fact about it. DD is much more emotional by nature, and is always looking for me to rescue her (which I think I have done ). DS is much more rational and doesn't seem to sweat the small stuff. Yeah, I think it's a combination of personality and experience.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:35 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Peach question. Do you peel them before freezing? I am in peach overload. I bought a dozen on Friday, forgetting the boys were leaving, and then couldn't resist buying another bagful at the farmer's market on Saturday. Now I have loads of ripe ones. I also got a lot of bananas, same problem. Those might just get mashed with a little peanut butter, stuffed into Kongs and frozen for the dogs with enough left for a loaf of banana bread.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:11 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Peach question. Do you peel them before freezing? I am in peach overload. I bought a dozen on Friday, forgetting the boys were leaving, and then couldn't resist buying another bagful at the farmer's market on Saturday. Now I have loads of ripe ones. I also got a lot of bananas, same problem. Those might just get mashed with a little peanut butter, stuffed into Kongs and frozen for the dogs with enough left for a loaf of banana bread.
Mattie - I don't know about peaches but I freeze bananas all the time. I always "plan" to make banana bread at some point in the future.... I have good intentions! But it does work for bananas.

Now when you do an ingredient search on allrecipes.com for peaches - it's mostly all drinks! So there is another thought - get blitzed on peaches.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:16 PM

I hate peaches.

Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting