U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 02:04 PM

27,994 posts, read 46,352,092 times

Advertisements

ROME, Ga., April 5 (UPI) -- A Georgia man who pleaded guilty to tattooing his 2-year-old son has been fined $300 and sentenced to a year's probation.

Eugene Ashley, 26, was arrested in 2009 after the Department of Family and Children Services made a home visit and saw the letters "DB" tattooed on the toddler's shoulder, the Rome (Ga.) News-Tribune reported Tuesday.

Read more: Father fined for tattooing toddler - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 PM

378 posts, read 494,283 times
This is more dumb but good intentions. He isn't even worthy of note in terms of abuse. Shaken babies, babies put in microwaves, babies force fed, babies molested. There are far worse fathers out there.

A fine and probation for this seems reasonable.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:47 PM

101 posts, read 258,209 times
People like this don't deserver the honor of being a dad

Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 PM

388 posts, read 720,730 times
I wasn't going to post a comment to this but, I'm a little upset with our justice system, how could they just hit him with a fine and probation, this is a case of child disfigurement , don't get me wrong , I have tattoo's, they are a personal choice, this child had no say , and what gives him the right to call himself a dad , any male can be a father, this butt hole proves that, but he sure isn't a DAD , damn, some people's kids should have been swallowed.( as in the father )

Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 PM

760 posts, read 1,421,472 times
it IS gonna stay on the kid for the rest of his life!
I think there should be something more then a fine... else, why not cover your kid in all kinds of crappy drawings head to toe??

Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 AM

192 posts, read 351,833 times
And yet we see kids younger than this with their ears pierced all the time, and it doesn't raise nearly the same level of outrage.

Not trying to defend or condemn either practice, I just think it's an interesting double standard. Granted, if it's a female, she will most likely eventually get her ears pierced when she's older and the piercing location is pretty standard (as opposed to a custom tattoo that the child might not want when he's older - "Daddy's Boy" might not seem so cool in high school/prison/etc), but at this age it's pretty much the same idea - body modification of a young child for the amusement of the parents.

Wonder if he had it done at a tattoo parlor, or if it was a DIY job? And if it was the former - there are tattoo artists who will tattoo toddlers?! This is a bit of tangent, but the source of this question is that in my line of work, I see a fair number of professional quality, white supremacist tattoos (no, I am not a white supremacist - I'm not even white), and have always wondered if one had to go to specific white supremacist tattoo artists to get them, or if any tattoo artist would do the work.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:10 AM

2,727 posts, read 5,185,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsong View Post
I wasn't going to post a comment to this but, I'm a little upset with our justice system, how could they just hit him with a fine and probation, this is a case of child disfigurement , don't get me wrong , I have tattoo's, they are a personal choice, this child had no say , and what gives him the right to call himself a dad , any male can be a father, this butt hole proves that, but he sure isn't a DAD , damn, some people's kids should have been swallowed.( as in the father )

I am very much reminded of this line from the movie Parenthood:

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-******* a****** be a father."

(you can replace "father" with "mother" too)

I think he should've gotten more than just a fine and probation. Yes, I have tattoos, but they done when I was 18+ and BY MY CHOICE.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:16 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,829,083 times
Step #1 - This guy should be immediately neutered before he reproduces again! The trailer parks and juvie facilities are full enough without morons like him further adding to the gene pool.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 AM

378 posts, read 494,283 times
I think it is a good idea to tattoo kids.

Tattoos are features the police and public can use to spot kidnapped and missing kids.

I am not suggesting every kid be tattooed. If every child were, it would be either difficult to recognize one tattoo from another or we would be bar coding kids. But a feature, like pierced ears, dyed hair, tattoos that are noticeable but not disfiguring, will certainly make finding kids much easier.

If Daddy's Boy is ever kidnapped, that tattoo can save his life.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:03 AM

9,056 posts, read 6,722,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedskjaer View Post
I think it is a good idea to tattoo kids.

Tattoos are features the police and public can use to spot kidnapped and missing kids.

I am not suggesting every kid be tattooed. If every child were, it would be either difficult to recognize one tattoo from another or we would be bar coding kids. But a feature, like pierced ears, dyed hair, tattoos that are noticeable but not disfiguring, will certainly make finding kids much easier.

If Daddy's Boy is ever kidnapped, that tattoo can save his life.
Ha! That's funny. But you forgot to put the rolly eyed face to indicate you were being sarcastic. You were being sarcastic, weren't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or