U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2007, 01:18 PM

2,489 posts, read 6,363,588 times

Advertisements

My husband and I took our boys there a couple of times. My hubby likes the wings and well my Dad was in town and he likes it for the other reason (he was single at the time). We went early in the evening about 5:00. We sat at a table and weren't near the bar. I personally don't really care for the food and could care less if we ate there ever again. The kids weren't exposed to anything awful as it was still early in the day. Now I wouldn't take them there after probably 7pm so they wouldn't be exposed to "bar scene" but during the day I would have no problem with it as it is a restaurant not just a bar.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,470,032 times
Default Sorry....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I like a Butt roast
But, they don't serve Butt...just the BREAST of chicken!! LOL
Guess you got to change your EATING HABITS!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 01:13 AM

2,657 posts, read 6,886,552 times
I had the misfortune to work with a "I'm a Perfect Wife-Perfect Mother Have a Perfect Husband House Life" kind of woman. One of her favorite rants was about Hooters. Apparently a Perfect Wife would not allow her husband to visit such a place. It's nothing but a den of iniquity staffed with husband stealing women. I guess she thought tractor beams are emitted from their b00bs or something and any man coming within their orbit are reeled in and captured

Out of irritation, when Spouse's birthday rolled around, I took him to lunch at a Hooters. He'd never been there; never expressed any wish to go; but I was kind of wondering how he'd react to the place. Neither of us are insecure at the other's appreciation of attractive people, so I asked him what he thought of the place. He said the girls were nice looking but the food was crap and it was too noisy. After we left, he said he wanted to go to his favorite steak place to get some "real" food.

Later that week, when Perfect Wife co-worker asked what I'd done for Dh on his birthday, I airily replied "oh, we went to Hooters. I took him there for lunch". Her eyes bulged out on the end of their stalks as she said "and you weren't worried about him being taken up by those shameless girls! " My reply (said in the tone you'd use to explain something complicated to a dimwit): "nooooo, I don't have those kind of insecurities." Funny, she was never one to approach me for conversation very much, after that

But back to the OP: Hooters is a restaurant for adults; a place where boobs are there for display and not lactation. Just about every restaurant out there is accommodating to families, I'm glad there is one targeted towards adults only.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:52 AM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,484,040 times
silverwing - haha. Now we all know how I feel about Hooters, but if there was ever a reason to go to one, that would be it

Old 08-03-2007, 11:03 AM

788 posts, read 3,675,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post

Hooters is a restaurant for adults; a place where boobs are there for display and not lactation. Just about every restaurant out there is accommodating to families, I'm glad there is one targeted towards adults only.
I couldn't agree more.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:25 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,515,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
SURE you are... ...that's just about the same as when my husband tells me, that he wants to go to Hooters..... because of the ...ahem...ahem...cough, cough......"awesome" wings......
LOL....I do have to say..They do have kick a55 wings....No Lie. I can care less about the chicks...well i care a little..lol.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:40 PM

2 posts, read 7,021 times
Default hell no! do NOT take children there!

it is so scarey to me that people have become so blinded and desensitized that they will take their young easily influenced children to an adult establishment....truly sad....

read this link and you will see why, I explain it thoroughly...

[url=http://www.psychomom.blog.com]Rants and Raves of a "Cute but Psycho" Mom[/url]

also... [url=http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user]MySpace[/url]

be a positive influence. If your young boys are interested in learning about girls, do what a good parent should do...sit them down and talk with them...don't take them to a controversial restaurant that uses a derogatory slang for a womans breasts...what is that teaching them? think about it....
take them to McDonalds.....anywhere but hooters, there are PLENTY of OTHER places to go eat

Old 03-18-2008, 08:26 PM

2 posts, read 7,021 times
by the way, I am so tired of hearing "I see more people wear less on the beach" ya...because they are on the beach.....
besides...its the principal of it all. hooters means breasts...you want to teach a child that its ok to name a restaurant after female "parts" and look at women as a sex object? um, no that is not ok. They have all their lives after 18 to enjoy being an adult and doing adult things. Let them enjoy being a kid while they are a kid.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:45 AM

833 posts, read 4,316,839 times
I absolutely would not take my young boys to a Hooters restaurant. Just as I wouldn't take young girls if there was a restaurant called "*****", where there are only male waiters that dress provocatively and draw attention to their groin area. I'd love to see the same guys who think Hooters is okay, to let their kids go to a restaurant called "*****", or have their girlfriends and wives drag them there. Same thing.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:04 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,948,833 times
Lol...good point summers19 ! I'd go if it was called "Family Jewels", lol, I'm only teasing.

I have not been there and don't have any desire to go and wouldn't take my son if I did go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or