U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 AM

183,130 posts, read 74,893,768 times

Advertisements

Hooters girls wear more than a lot of cheer leaders. The ones near me are family sports types of places and the three mile island wings are darn good. I wouldn't go for year untill a female colleague told me her and her husband loved the food their. I'm taking my 88 yearold mother there for her birthday. She loves it hot and spicy and Hooters makes some wings not for wimps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 02:16 PM

38,722 posts, read 37,835,940 times
If your not comfortable with it then don't, everyone has their own moral code.

To each his/her own.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:22 PM

183,130 posts, read 74,893,768 times
It's time my kids start taking me.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:44 PM

2,788 posts, read 4,229,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
Would you take your children to a Hooters Restaurant? I have two boys-12 and 7. We go out to eat quite frequently in the summer. They opened a Hooters a couple of months ago, and that is one of the few restaurants that we haven't eaten at (besides expensive 5-star ones). I'm kinda leery about taking them-my inlaws almost had a heart attack when I mentioned it. I have driven past and know it's mostly men there (it's also next to a Harley-Bike dealership, and the majority of the men seem to be bikers. I don't want to seem like I don't approve of them....it's just the whole male atmosphere around beer....with language perhaps....). The women do wear short shorts and tight tops. My husband says that the kids see skimpier on the beach....it's a restuarant and not a bar....I don't quite know why I am so leery about it.

Would you take your children there, or am I right to be uncomfortable?

What you dont like bikers??
bikers are the most of nicest people you can ever meet,
Why are you so leary about taking your kids there
Why is it women have a problem with beautiful women in skimpy outfits,
the girl is working she is doing her job, We as women need to encourage one another and if she happens to look good why not compliment her.
I say take your kids so they can see women who are good looking work hard too and they are just like everyone else.
Yes go take your kids there and have a goodtime.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:50 PM
bjh
Status: "Here comes another crappy researched topic." (set 46 minutes ago)

25,854 posts, read 22,738,426 times
This is a really old thread so we can probably guess that the OP dealt with this 2 years ago.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:30 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,558,960 times
Right, once again, someone stops by to comment on an old thread, then leaves. I don't understand it. Why register and everything else just to make one post in an old thread. It makes about as much sense as someone bumping an old one and making a riveting remark like "LOL" or "good one". The thread died for a reason. There's no need to resurrect it with a useless comment.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:28 AM

24,089 posts, read 38,771,760 times
Quote:
Would you take your children to a Hooters Restaurant? I have two boys-12 and 7.

it's mostly men there (it's also next to a Harley-Bike dealership, and the majority of the men seem to be bikers. I don't want to seem like I don't approve of them....it's just the whole male atmosphere around beer....with language perhaps....).

Quote:
07-31-2007, 11:53 AM

Thank you for everyone's comments...

Needless to say, I didn't go...
Since this was an old thread, but I see you are still with us and posting...

I was going to take my daughter to Hooters last month for her 38th birthday but there was another place she wanted to go instead...

I'm an old retired Soldier and have ridden bikes (Motorcycles) on and off over the past 40 years and been to a few Hooters around the country.

I would not take teens or younger...

But why don't you and your husband put on a pair of jeans and go to your local Hooters? They vary a lot...

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-10-2010 at 01:47 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 09:02 PM

814 posts, read 1,672,731 times
Nothing wrong with taking a family to Hooters unless you are some big prude. Heck I have seen little league teams having dinner at Hooters.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:20 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,606,389 times
Quote:

well...i'm on the fence with this one...
my oldest is now 12 and i dont think i would want her to experience that with her dad.....
my youngest would probably ask alot of questions at the wrong time..
my wife,,,well we've been there b4,,but its been quite awhile....
so i think that i agree with you about being uncomfortable.....
now,,i would go there........

Old 07-08-2010, 01:17 AM

38,792 posts, read 19,542,007 times
I don't know how I'd feel about having my kids see a restaurant full of hootin' owls and owlets. Guess I should not give a hoot!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or