U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 02:34 AM

14,230 posts, read 5,702,128 times

Advertisements

We took our son when it first opened. I wanted to see what it was and heard it wasn't bad. I think my son was a bit embarressed and we didn't go back. He was around 12 and those kind of feelings were coming up for the first time. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 04:12 AM

9,679 posts, read 10,975,590 times
I've been to one, there were lots of kids there eating, the food isn't very good I will never go back.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:58 AM

8,182 posts, read 11,537,099 times
I think I can understand some parents not wanting their children in Hooters.....I'm sure there's a lot of Hooter's customers that don't want the children there either.

Nothing wrong with bikers...we're a friendly lot.

To me the food is just like any other bar and grill.

All that being said, since Ker's Winghouse opened up, hubby doesn't go to Hooter's much anymore. He says the girls are prettier (cough cough) there.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Gue

24,120 posts, read 5,878,456 times
Neice of the family next door works at the Hooters in NYC (while she goes to college). She says its the main one.

She says on a good night when WWF was at the Garden she was making $200 a night. Pretty girl.

It's not a lowcut shirt at all...just tight!

Old 07-08-2010, 12:48 PM

17,675 posts, read 19,149,835 times
I am more concerned of what I see on TV and in the malls, and even in some High School grounds. Our local Hooters is more of a gathering place for some groups, we have the Cowboys (yes, the real cowboys) and some college groups, and what looks like some senior groups. We also have a "Veterans Coffee Group" (Which I may join if I can find them again).

I've been in a few Hooters around the country. It really depends on the geographical location, and the date and time you go. We have a nearby Applebee's which is too crowded on some lunch days, I just pull into the Hooters for lunch...

Rich

Old 07-08-2010, 01:42 PM
bjh

20,533 posts, read 12,438,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
Nothing wrong with taking a family to Hooters unless you are some big prude. Heck I have seen little league teams having dinner at Hooters.
One man's prude is another man's lady. Just sayin'.

If someone leans more toward modesty in their opinion about kids seeing skantily clad women, that's no reason to look down on him or her. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion - like it or lump it. (no pun intended)

Can't we get some more wings at this table?

Old 07-08-2010, 01:57 PM

34,259 posts, read 6,935,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
Would you take your children to a Hooters Restaurant? I have two boys-12 and 7. We go out to eat quite frequently in the summer. They opened a Hooters a couple of months ago, and that is one of the few restaurants that we haven't eaten at (besides expensive 5-star ones). I'm kinda leery about taking them-my inlaws almost had a heart attack when I mentioned it. I have driven past and know it's mostly men there (it's also next to a Harley-Bike dealership, and the majority of the men seem to be bikers. I don't want to seem like I don't approve of them....it's just the whole male atmosphere around beer....with language perhaps....). The women do wear short shorts and tight tops. My husband says that the kids see skimpier on the beach....it's a restuarant and not a bar....I don't quite know why I am so leery about it.

Would you take your children there, or am I right to be uncomfortable?
Go with just your husband, and see what it's like. The Hooters in my neck of the woods is just a restaurant with good food. I am a female, and it doesn't bother me in the least that there are pretty, buxom servers in shorts. Your husband is correct - the kids probably will see more on the beach (and at the mall! ) than they'll see at a Hooters restaurant. But check it out first, sans kids, and then go with your gut feeling.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:52 PM

14,230 posts, read 5,702,128 times
If you were watching the Today Show when Lady GAGA was on in the morning you saw her do a virtual orgasm after singing one of her songs. Can't get much more sexual for the kids than that.

Heck, they have little girls doing the GAGA moves in a dance program at school. By now Hooters is tame. You won't have anything to worry about, it's TV you need to censor. LOL

Old 07-10-2010, 02:29 PM

13,760 posts, read 4,038,950 times
Quote:
I don't want to seem like I don't approve of them....it's just the whole male atmosphere around beer....with language perhaps....
They're grown ups. And that's exactly what I was told when I was a kid and thank god I wasn't "sheltered" from every possible hint of the real world.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:25 PM

19,585 posts, read 22,825,718 times
The two times I've been to Hooters (a long time ago) they didn't have any.

The neighborhood restaurants around here show more cleavage than Hooters does...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting