U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

9,886 posts, read 13,750,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmgsdder View Post
...I don't begrudge anybody that says "my dogs are my kids", but I cant help but to notice that many woman seem to regret this decision later in life. While I applaud their individuality, I think it is sad because many of these women are great people who would make wonderful mothers! Seems often those that shouldnt have kids do, and those who would be great parents chose not to or cant have kids!
Having kids isn't the only way to show your greatness. I know I could be a pretty good mother. Circumstances in my life don't allow it to happen. I have no regrets.

I work hard. I travel the world. I help people who need it. I have a great husband, I own a home. I am fulfilled in all areas of my life.

Some people think they need children to feel fulfilled. That's fine. I have found fulfillments in other ways. (I do have a stepson so it's like having a child but he's not mine biologically. I don't know if the feelings are different when they're yours).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:07 AM

498 posts, read 608,189 times
Knew in second grade I didn’t want any. Nowhere 66years old child free and NO regrets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or