Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 06:24 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,686,583 times

Advertisements

I was in a similar situation when my second was born - it can be so difficult. Sorry you are going through this . As others have said, just let most things go. I stopped cooking and cleaning completely . It can take quite a bit of time to get into a routine. As for the sleeping, the moby wrap and the swing were life savers. Good luck to you, and congrats on your baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 02:11 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,798 times
I had 1 1/2 year old "twins" (one was mine and the other was a friend's that I babysat) and a newborn. We got one of those bouncy seats that vibrated at a yard sale. Saved my sanity! That and Barney videos . I put the bouncer on the dining table out of harms way.

Truly though, you are never going to be able to keep up with all the cleaning, etc... that you used to do. It's hard to get used to, but you will .

Old 05-07-2011, 02:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Yes don't worry about the house too much - the housework will wait.

I remember a house where they had a poem in a picture frame on the wall that you noticed as you entered the house:

"Cleaning and sweeping
can wait for tomorrow,
Babies grow up
we've learned to our sorrow.
So settle down cobwebs,
dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep."

That way no one has to wonder why the house isn't immaculate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting