Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 02:57 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkerjim View Post
ha

to my daughter, all private parts are "business"
all snacks are "dede's"

we always play the "punchbuggy game" (see a VW Beetle, hit someone) and she used to get confused with the Chrystler PT Cruiser i guess thinking it was a bug.... so those became "peacocks"... not sure why.
My daughter and I played that game for a while, but we called it "slug bug" and "cruiser bruiser." We didn't sock one another that hard, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 03:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My daughter and I played that game for a while, but we called it "slug bug" and "cruiser bruiser." We didn't sock one another that hard, though.
We do it with Hummers.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:24 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,438 times
Hahah sometimes we refer to poop as "Brody." Like the movie "Are We There Yet," we also refer to jewelry and studded anything as "Blingage." also, when we say that something is delicious, we say it's "Delichu." like in the hamtaro game. Oh and when we say that someone went both number 1 and 2, we call that "going both barrels." LOL

Old 05-25-2011, 07:16 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
Strawberries. It means "I've reached my limit. Stop bugging me before l blow."

As all children occassionally do, my kids would push the limits and I'd go crazy and flip out. One day, I said that I didn't like getting upset, didn't like being pushed to the point of yelling, and we needed a way for them to realize that when I say "enough" I mean "enough." My daughter decided the word should be "strawberries." Worked perfectly. Anytime I said "strawberries" they would stop annoying me. Then one day, I was trying to talk to my son about something and he said "strawberries" to me. Apparently, he had reached his limit with the lecture and felt he was about to get upset. So, strawberries goes both ways in our household. I said strawberries just last week. It has been years since I said it. And I discovered that we still respect strawberries in my household even after all these years.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:28 PM

500 posts, read 747,907 times
We have a few of these, mostly inspired by funny things we've seen/heard, or just said spontaneously and they stuck.

Chop the fruit!= Hurry up (inspired by an Annoying Orange video)

Furnichair=furniture, from when they were younger

Yo stoopid=(said with exaggerated southern accent whenever something something stupid is done.)

Case closed! - when something is final.

Funniest one - when we had a scorpion in the house recently my dd said, 'I'm tired of these mother$#()@ing scorpions in this mother$^*#ing house!' (Snakes on a Plane movie). I had to turn away so she wouldn't
see me laughing. Oh and then I scolded her about the language. Now we'll say a clean version of this whenever an annoying bug/insect comes along.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:23 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Strawberries. It means "I've reached my limit. Stop bugging me before l blow."

As all children occassionally do, my kids would push the limits and I'd go crazy and flip out. One day, I said that I didn't like getting upset, didn't like being pushed to the point of yelling, and we needed a way for them to realize that when I say "enough" I mean "enough." My daughter decided the word should be "strawberries." Worked perfectly. Anytime I said "strawberries" they would stop annoying me. Then one day, I was trying to talk to my son about something and he said "strawberries" to me. Apparently, he had reached his limit with the lecture and felt he was about to get upset. So, strawberries goes both ways in our household. I said strawberries just last week. It has been years since I said it. And I discovered that we still respect strawberries in my household even after all these years.
I love this!

Old 05-26-2011, 08:28 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I love this!
One time it was hillarious.

I was standing in the middle of a grocery store isle and saying in a measuredly calm but shaky voice, "You're not respecting my strawberries."

People passing by must have thought I was crazy.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:15 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,769,403 times
We have a new "family word": cous-cous is now Blues Clues (yes, I have three toddlers).

Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,928,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_ie View Post
We have a new "family word": cous-cous is now Blues Clues (yes, I have three toddlers).
At our house, cous-cous is "goose poop"

Old 05-29-2011, 07:46 AM

754 posts, read 1,922,016 times
Our son had speech problems and couldn name cereals other than shapes. So we all call cereal, "Cereal of Squares", (Toast Crunch), "Cereal of Holes", (cheerios), "Cereal of Rocks" (frutie pepples) etc.

Although my son can now say all of the appropriate titles, we still call all our cereals like that and any news ones, we quickly come up with a new moniker - they all start with "Cereal of"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting