Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:02 AM

129 posts, read 336,231 times

Advertisements

The human race is in no danger of dying out. When you have children, you'd be devoting the rest of your life to providing for them. I'm too selfish for that. And when you think of all the women who trap men into paying child support for 18 years, the childfree life sounds like a very viable option. Have you noticed that women use children like pawns? I've made myself sick just thinking about it.

I'd much rather have a vasectomy and play the field my whole life. When I turn 18, (only 7 months from now) I will be legally entitled to that.

What do you think?

Old 06-05-2011, 12:04 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
I think you should have a vasectomy.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:09 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymanero View Post
The human race is in no danger of dying out. When you have children, you'd be devoting the rest of your life to providing for them. I'm too selfish for that. And when you think of all the women who trap men into paying child support for 18 years, the childfree life sounds like a very viable option. Have you noticed that women use children like pawns? I've made myself sick just thinking about it.

I'd much rather have a vasectomy and play the field my whole life. When I turn 18, (only 7 months from now) I will be legally entitled to that.

What do you think?
Go for it! Have that vasectomy.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:10 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Men aren't "trapped" into paying child support. They make a choice and have to live with it. 17 is pretty young to be deciding on something like whether or not to have kids, but if you want to "play the field" the rest of your life you should go ahead and get the vasectomy.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:12 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,683 times
Wooot! More CF people like me!! you're right, Im just too dang selfish to have kids!

Old 06-05-2011, 12:17 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Wooot! More CF people like me!! you're right, Im just too dang selfish to have kids!
I just don't get people like you. You're 19 y.o. (am I correct?) and have already rigidly decided that you aren't going to do this and that with your life and you haven't even started your life yet.

And then you get on the parent forum and start thread after thread (like on here) about being childless, etc.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I just don't get people like you. You're 19 y.o. (am I correct?) and have already rigidly decided that you aren't going to do this and that with your life and you haven't even started your life yet.

And then you get on the parent forum and start thread after thread (like on here) about being childless, etc.
The reason I went there was so I could understand why some people with kids are so resentful of the CF. I kept reading stories about how CF people get angry, if not hostile reactions to their decision to be CF.

And some people like West of Encino have decided even before 19 to not have kids. And he's 23 now and still doesn't want kids.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:27 AM

129 posts, read 336,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
The reason I went there was so I could understand why some people with kids are so resentful of the CF. I kept reading stories about how CF people get angry, if not hostile reactions to their decision to be CF.

And some people like West of Encino have decided even before 19 to not have kids. And he's 23 now and still doesn't want kids.
Exactly. I don't judge people who choose to have children, since that is a personal choice they make. Why should we get judged for the personal choice we make to be childfree?

My mother tells me "You've never had children, so you can't know if you like it or not". I've also never been hit by a car, but I have this sneaking suspicion that I won't like it.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:29 AM

494 posts, read 1,609,601 times
I don't want kids either myself, but it has nothing to do with the reason tony has listed. For me, I just know I won't be a good father. I'm not good with kids. My patience is thin, I'm not very creative, and I'm just not a good communicator in general. Poeple always say, I don't know what it's like. Well I do. I'm one of those rare guys that has done his fair share of babysitting, and if there's anything I've learned from babysiitng I don't want any of my own. I dunno maybe I will like the idea of having mini-mes around more once they get to the teenage and adult stage, but I can't get past the thought of having to take care of my own toddlers. It was traumatizing enough taking care of other ppl's toddlers.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymanero View Post
Exactly. I don't judge people who choose to have children, since that is a personal choice they make. Why should we get judged for the personal choice we make to be childfree?

My mother tells me "You've never had children, so you can't know if you like it or not". I've also never been hit by a car, but I have this sneaking suspicion that I won't like it.
Yep, yep, and yep. Well said, Tony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting