Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:46 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,378,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
They said they sent "memos" telling parents to send photos, well, I keep everything they send minus the Pizza invitations, and I haven't found one that specified sending photos to them for the yearbook.
That puts a different spin on it! So maybe your son lost that particular memo? Or he was out sick that day? If the school didn't get a photo from you, then there was no way they could have printed it?

Sounds like Charles is right and your best bet is to get more "familiar with their process for producing year books for next year."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 09:50 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
When you get to the page for his class, ALL his classmates are there except him. His new teacher and OLD teacher are on that page as well, and he is not.
That's why! Did they take the picture of your other child? You say there are two children. How could you not have known it was picture day for one child and not the other child.

Quote:
"Unacceptable" means that I find it offensive to say the least, that a teacher that just joined the school is pictured and my son, who is going there for the last 2 years has no photo what so ever, as if he never attended.
Since she's a teacher, she had the sense to give them a photo she had from a previous year. You didn't contact them.

Quote:
"They said they sent "memos" telling parents to send photos, well, I keep everything they send minus the Pizza invitations, and I haven't found one that specified sending photos to them for the yearbook.
Kids aren't very good about brining home papers from school. They get lost all the time.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:55 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Sounds like it's time to apologize to your kids for the mistake. It seems like it's your fault, so that's what I would do. Sorry kids, we screwed up, we'll be on top of it next year.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:56 AM

I wouldn't want a refund for the yearbook and I wouldn't feel I deserved one either.

I don't buy the yearbooks for my childen's pictures to be in them. I buy the yearbooks so my children can have pictures of their classmates.

When I pull my old yearbooks out of the attic, I'm interested in looking at pictures of my classmates, not myself.

If I paid for pictures and they weren't included, I would want a refund for the pictures, but not a refund for the yearbook.

I would want to keep the yearbook for my children to see their classmates years later.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:57 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
NO PROFESSIONAL PHOTO.
As if he was never there.

& I have the photos that were done professionally because I bought them.

I was NOT looking for them to re-distribute them to everyone, I was looking to be able to order one with his photo(s) in it.
The school supposedly sends the photos to the company that prints the yearbook, the yearbook has a template that can be edited anytime unless deleted entirely. They could have send the photos, or I could have sent the photos, and have 1 copy reprinted at MY expense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm confused.

Are you saying there is no professional photo, such as the photos taken by the school photographer?

Did your son miss Picture Day and Picture Makeup Day? If that's the case, you're at fault and you are SOL. That's why they have Picture Makeup Day.

Or are you saying there are no casual photos of your son? There usually isn't a photo like that of every student.

They have many students. As a result, there are procedures. Kids get their pictures taken on picture day. There's picture makeup day for those who were absent.

They don't track down pictures for students who missed all picture days. It's your responsibility, not theirs.

What do you mean, you wanted to have an option? Did you purposely not do picture day because you wanted to have the option to use a different photo? You don't get that option.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,378,530 times
Quote:
I was NOT looking for them to re-distribute them to everyone, I was looking to be able to order one with his photo(s) in it.
The fact that you can order one-off books now may make it seem like you can get any book that way - but you can't. If it was created to be printed it bulk, that's a different process than formatting for an online printer like Lulu to make one copy.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
P.S. I don't want a refund either, my daughter's photo is in it, and her classmates "signatures" are on the back as well. That was not my point.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
NO PROFESSIONAL PHOTO.
As if he was never there.

& I have the photos that were done professionally because I bought them.
Clarify. Did you have the photos done by the photographer that came to the school or did you have the photo done by your own photographer?

If you had the photos done by someone else, that's what you did wrong.

Quote:
The school supposedly sends the photos to the company that prints the yearbook, the yearbook has a template that can be edited anytime unless deleted entirely. They could have send the photos, or I could have sent the photos, and have 1 copy reprinted at MY expense.
Then ask the school for the name of the company. (It might be on the actual year book.) Call the printing company directly and ask if they will print a new one for you at your expense.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:04 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
I'm really confused. Your daughter is in her class photo, but your son is not in his, right? Where was your son when his class photo was taken?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Quote:
P.S. I don't want a refund either, my daughter's photo is in it, and her classmates "signatures" are on the back as well. That was not my point.
OK, you want your son's picture in his book. The school isn't going to be any help. What are your choices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting