U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Would you use one of those leashes on you child(ren)??
Yes, they're practical and keep my child from wandering off. 40 53.33%
No, they're constricting and undignified. 21 28.00%
I'm on the fence about them. 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2011, 01:31 PM
 
2,502 posts, read 3,040,998 times
Reputation: 1771

Advertisements

You guys have made some interesting points. I guess I could see why someone would use them if they had a hyperactive child and they were preventing them from running in the street. That's reasonable.

I know most won't care, but what did you guys think of the one that Kate Gosselin used when the show was Jon and Kate plus 8?

I can see why they needed that one. They're trying to keep 6 little ones together and the twins close by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-16-2011, 01:33 PM
 
Location: here
24,477 posts, read 28,782,510 times
Reputation: 31056
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
Im not repeating myself to you anymore if you decide to open your eyes and read my responses then fine otherwise....
Fine by me! I just went back and re-read all the Disney posts and realized they were all from you. I thought more people had chimed in.

I really have to wonder what kind of parent would leave a 2 year old at home with a sitter while taking the older one to Disneyland. I don't need an answer to that. I'm just imagining my reaction if I had a friend actually tell me they were doing that.

FWIW I DID wait until mine were 4 and 6 and no harness or stroller was needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2011, 01:35 PM
 
Location: here
24,477 posts, read 28,782,510 times
Reputation: 31056
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
You guys have made some interesting points. I guess I could see why someone would use them if they had a hyperactive child and they were preventing them from running in the street. That's reasonable.

I know most won't care, but what did you guys think of the one that Kate Gosselin used when the show was Jon and Kate plus 8?

I can see why they needed that one. They're trying to keep 6 little ones together and the twins close by.
It was practical for their needs. The kids weren't actually attached to it, though. It just gave them each a place to hold on to and stay in line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2011, 01:48 PM
 
1,067 posts, read 1,378,888 times
Reputation: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Fine by me! I just went back and re-read all the Disney posts and realized they were all from you. I thought more people had chimed in.

I really have to wonder what kind of parent would leave a 2 year old at home with a sitter while taking the older one to Disneyland. I don't need an answer to that. I'm just imagining my reaction if I had a friend actually tell me they were doing that.

FWIW I DID wait until mine were 4 and 6 and no harness or stroller was needed.

one that cares about their childs safety,well being and happiness. And for the record if my family had a child that young NONE of us would be going. But then again I dont plan on anymore children so all I have to worry about is the one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2011, 04:28 PM
 
28,006 posts, read 19,684,652 times
Reputation: 16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
one that cares about their childs safety,well being and happiness. And for the record if my family had a child that young NONE of us would be going. But then again I dont plan on anymore children so all I have to worry about is the one.
LOL! Thanks for the laugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
 
1,067 posts, read 1,378,888 times
Reputation: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL! Thanks for the laugh!


Not a problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Geneva, IL
12,976 posts, read 11,806,901 times
Reputation: 14677
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
But then again I dont plan on anymore children so all I have to worry about is the one.
I thought you were raising your boyfriend's child too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
 
Location: here
24,477 posts, read 28,782,510 times
Reputation: 31056
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic;19618905[B
]one that cares about their childs safety,well being and happiness.[/b] And for the record if my family had a child that young NONE of us would be going. But then again I dont plan on anymore children so all I have to worry about is the one.
sounds like just the kind of person who might put a harness on their child!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2011, 05:15 PM
 
1,067 posts, read 1,378,888 times
Reputation: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I thought you were raising your boyfriend's child too?

nope the little boys mom finally stepped up and became a mom (LONG LONG STORY if youd like to know it I can dm you) so now we only have him on the weekends. But if we went he would prob come too but they are gonna be less than a year apart so the age difference should not be a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Geneva, IL
12,976 posts, read 11,806,901 times
Reputation: 14677
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
nope the little boys mom finally stepped up and became a mom (LONG LONG STORY if youd like to know it I can dm you) so now we only have him on the weekends. But if we went he would prob come too but they are gonna be less than a year apart so the age difference should not be a problem.
It's good I guess, as long as she doesn't flake out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top