U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Would you use one of those leashes on you child(ren)??
Yes, they're practical and keep my child from wandering off. 40 53.33%
No, they're constricting and undignified. 21 28.00%
I'm on the fence about them. 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-17-2011, 01:07 PM

19,449 posts, read 9,779,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
Has anyone ever heard of strollers?? If your children are to young to understand NOT to wander off then put them in a stroller. If you have too many kids to where you cant keep track of all of them then DONT GO.
Yes. I had strollers. But I also let them WALK. You know, exercise. Growing strong bodies and all that?

Oh, my. I remember when I was young and idealistic and thought I knew everything there was about raising children. Yes, MY kids were going to be different! I wasn't going to be THAT mother.

Boy was I quickly disillusioned.

By the way I kept track of them all. I knew one was in the stroller. One was standing quietly by my side and one was running off because... well, just because.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-17-2011, 01:10 PM

5,427 posts, read 2,279,972 times
I took MissFR to Disneyland when she was 7 months old. I had her in a pouch. You know, like a kangaroo. It was great, she had a marvelous time. Plus she got to experience some of her heritage, being part Aussie and all.

Unread 06-17-2011, 01:13 PM

1,058 posts, read 607,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I took MissFR to Disneyland when she was 7 months old. I had her in a pouch. You know, like a kangaroo. It was great, she had a marvelous time. Plus she got to experience some of her heritage, being part Aussie and all.

LMAO there is nothing wrong with using a sling to old your child. They are made for CHILDREN and not dogs.

I can just imagine the person who created the child leash out walking their dog and then looked at lil billy and said hmmmmm.

Unread 06-17-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
So....you have a 1 year old stepchild who visits from time to time, a 3yr old niece who visits from time to time and you're pregnant. And yet you know all about how to parent and control children the "right" way.

Well....bless your heart, I hope it all works out the way you figure it will.

ummmm no we had custody of my step son. Actually we still do but hes spending the summer with his mom. So no he doesnt visit from time to time he LIVES with me.

And like I said I have taken toddlers out to public areas with big crowds without leashing them. Thats the topic at hand and I have experianced it.

Unread 06-17-2011, 01:20 PM

5,427 posts, read 2,279,972 times
Quote:
LMAO there is nothing wrong with using a sling to old your child. They are made for CHILDREN and not dogs.

I can just imagine the person who created the child leash out walking their dog and then looked at lil billy and said hmmmmm.
Well gosh, thanks, I'm glad you see nothing wrong with a sling, but I wasn't looking for your approval.

Yeah, we should take things back to the days before child leashes, when you either left the child at home with the nanny or sent them off to the coal mine as soon they were able to toddle.

And they should just not allow kids into Disneyland period. They cause such a disruption. What are they thinking?

Unread 06-17-2011, 01:25 PM

19,449 posts, read 9,779,118 times
Quote:
And they should just not allow kids into Disneyland period. They cause such a disruption. What are they thinking?
Durn right!

Lines for Space Mountain would be a LOT shorter.

Unread 06-17-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Well gosh, thanks, I'm glad you see nothing wrong with a sling, but I wasn't looking for your approval.

Yeah, we should take things back to the days before child leashes, when you either left the child at home with the nanny or sent them off to the coal mine as soon they were able to toddle.

I thought you were aiming your post at me since im the one referring to the animal thing. But ANYWAYS you sound like your trying to be funny and its not working.....*cricket cricket*

Unread 06-17-2011, 01:29 PM

11,591 posts, read 4,748,530 times
Well it's just as well they don't have strollers and pouches for pets isn't it? Oh, no, wait..............

http://www.justpetstrollers.com/Pet-Gear-Special-Edition-Sportster-pet-stroller-images/pet-gear-special-edition-pet-stroller-200H.jpg (broken link)

Unread 06-17-2011, 01:35 PM

16,353 posts, read 10,443,396 times
Quote:
But I have taken toddlers out in public areas with big crowds. Whats the difference? My co worker is sitting next to me and her daughter is 3 and she said they are for animals too. She even said her daughter makes fun of other children who use them.
So...your coworker finds leashes offensive but allowing her daughter to make fun of others is ok? That is some gooooood parenting right there.

Unread 06-17-2011, 01:36 PM

65,535 posts, read 51,866,729 times
Quote:
I thought you were aiming your post at me since im the one referring to the animal thing. But ANYWAYS you sound like your trying to be funny and its not working.....*cricket cricket*
I think Finster is funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting