Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you use one of those leashes on you child(ren)??
Yes, they're practical and keep my child from wandering off. 40 53.33%
No, they're constricting and undignified. 21 28.00%
I'm on the fence about them. 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times

Advertisements

You guys have made some interesting points. I guess I could see why someone would use them if they had a hyperactive child and they were preventing them from running in the street. That's reasonable.

I know most won't care, but what did you guys think of the one that Kate Gosselin used when the show was Jon and Kate plus 8?

I can see why they needed that one. They're trying to keep 6 little ones together and the twins close by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 12:33 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
Im not repeating myself to you anymore if you decide to open your eyes and read my responses then fine otherwise....
Fine by me! I just went back and re-read all the Disney posts and realized they were all from you. I thought more people had chimed in.

I really have to wonder what kind of parent would leave a 2 year old at home with a sitter while taking the older one to Disneyland. I don't need an answer to that. I'm just imagining my reaction if I had a friend actually tell me they were doing that.

FWIW I DID wait until mine were 4 and 6 and no harness or stroller was needed.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
You guys have made some interesting points. I guess I could see why someone would use them if they had a hyperactive child and they were preventing them from running in the street. That's reasonable.

I know most won't care, but what did you guys think of the one that Kate Gosselin used when the show was Jon and Kate plus 8?

I can see why they needed that one. They're trying to keep 6 little ones together and the twins close by.
It was practical for their needs. The kids weren't actually attached to it, though. It just gave them each a place to hold on to and stay in line.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:48 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Fine by me! I just went back and re-read all the Disney posts and realized they were all from you. I thought more people had chimed in.

I really have to wonder what kind of parent would leave a 2 year old at home with a sitter while taking the older one to Disneyland. I don't need an answer to that. I'm just imagining my reaction if I had a friend actually tell me they were doing that.

FWIW I DID wait until mine were 4 and 6 and no harness or stroller was needed.

one that cares about their childs safety,well being and happiness. And for the record if my family had a child that young NONE of us would be going. But then again I dont plan on anymore children so all I have to worry about is the one.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:28 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
one that cares about their childs safety,well being and happiness. And for the record if my family had a child that young NONE of us would be going. But then again I dont plan on anymore children so all I have to worry about is the one.
LOL! Thanks for the laugh!

Old 06-16-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL! Thanks for the laugh!

Not a problem

Old 06-16-2011, 03:35 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
But then again I dont plan on anymore children so all I have to worry about is the one.
I thought you were raising your boyfriend's child too?

Old 06-16-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic;19618905[B
]one that cares about their childs safety,well being and happiness.[/b] And for the record if my family had a child that young NONE of us would be going. But then again I dont plan on anymore children so all I have to worry about is the one.
sounds like just the kind of person who might put a harness on their child!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I thought you were raising your boyfriend's child too?

nope the little boys mom finally stepped up and became a mom (LONG LONG STORY if youd like to know it I can dm you) so now we only have him on the weekends. But if we went he would prob come too but they are gonna be less than a year apart so the age difference should not be a problem.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
nope the little boys mom finally stepped up and became a mom (LONG LONG STORY if youd like to know it I can dm you) so now we only have him on the weekends. But if we went he would prob come too but they are gonna be less than a year apart so the age difference should not be a problem.
It's good I guess, as long as she doesn't flake out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting