Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you use one of those leashes on you child(ren)??
Yes, they're practical and keep my child from wandering off. 40 53.33%
No, they're constricting and undignified. 21 28.00%
I'm on the fence about them. 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 04:51 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
one that cares about their childs safety,well being and happiness. And for the record if my family had a child that young NONE of us would be going. But then again I dont plan on anymore children so all I have to worry about is the one.
Am I missing something? Are you really trying to say Disneyland is not an appropriate place for two year olds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 04:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Am I missing something? Are you really trying to say Disneyland is not an appropriate place for two year olds?
Thanks, Fin. I was wondering the same thing.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:11 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,516 times
Quote:
I was wondering too. If Disney isn't appropriate, where is?

Old 06-16-2011, 05:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I was wondering too. If Disney isn't appropriate, where is?
Apparently much better to sit at home in front of the tube than to be out doing something that might be tiring or overly exciting... or require compromise or might be made easier by a harness or .....

Old 06-16-2011, 05:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Whats next shock collars if they cry to much??
Ooh, if only.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Ooh, if only.
Tried it. Couldn't get it to stay on her neck. For some reason she didn't like it and kept taking it off.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
how in the world would use use a toilet seat to potty train your dog?????
Apparently you missed the point. But that's ok. It's good to know you aren't judging others...only mentioning what worked for you...

Quote:
. But as I said before (I think this is what like the 6th time?) THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO. Me and me only. Everyone should be able to treat their animals oops I means kids however theyd like. (within limits of course )

Old 06-16-2011, 05:44 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Tried it. Couldn't get it to stay on her neck. For some reason she didn't like it and kept taking it off.
It's those dang opposable thumbs!

I never used a harness, but I'll admit that a shock collar has crossed my mind once or twice. I am a MEAN MOM.

I found my good tweezers today, by the way. Little Miss I Didn't Do It I Swear had them.

ZAP!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
I never said they are to restricting, I think they give more freedom than strollers I just think that you shouldnt use something on children you use on animals. Whats next shock collars if they cry to much??

Anyways in your cousins case I would have tried to find someone to watch the younger children and if that wasnt possible we wouldnt have went. But as I said before (I think this is what like the 6th time?) THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO. Me and me only. Everyone should be able to treat their animals oops I means kids however theyd like. (within limits of course )
You know, I don't think you're really being "nonjudgemental" here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Fine by me! I just went back and re-read all the Disney posts and realized they were all from you. I thought more people had chimed in.

I really have to wonder what kind of parent would leave a 2 year old at home with a sitter while taking the older one to Disneyland. I don't need an answer to that. I'm just imagining my reaction if I had a friend actually tell me they were doing that.

FWIW I DID wait until mine were 4 and 6 and no harness or stroller was needed.
Quote:
one that cares about their childs safety,well being and happiness. And for the record if my family had a child that young NONE of us would be going. But then again I dont plan on anymore children so all I have to worry about is the one.
I don't understand this response. A two year old will enjoy Disney on his/her own level. The other kids will enjoy it on their level. I think Disney is far more appropriate than say, Mexico, for small kids, and I know people who do that.

Quote:
I agree. We went there when our oldest was five and the younger one was two. Then we went again when the youngest was five, as a birthday present to her. I mean, what better place for a family vacation? Granted, it's expensive, but there are ways to trim expenses a bit.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Little Miss I Didn't Do It I Swear had them.
She's at your house now? She was here all of last week. Yup, ZAP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting