U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 01:47 PM

530 posts, read 336,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
And this is a surprise to anyone?

Sad. This woman needed mental health treatment years ago, more kids were not going to make her feel loved.

She can still give them up for adoption, they can have a normal life.

Maybe China had a good policy, of policing breeding, especially on those who can't take care of the kids they have.

This woman is classic Borderline Personality Disorder.
I see your point but VERY few US women/ families have more than 5 children these days and most only have 2. I was looking at the latest census data and the number of families with 6 or more children was somewhere around 22,000... out of millions of families. These super-sized families are very rare despite the publicity they get (Duggars, Kate Plus 8, etc). As far as determining if a parent is "qualified," that's a slippery slope even if you are just looking at financials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 02:08 PM

22,246 posts, read 13,070,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
the number of families with 6 or more children was somewhere around 22,000... out of millions of families.
Not that I'm doubting you but that number is very surprising to me. (Thought there would be more than 22,000.) I live in an area where there are a lot of big families. I'm going to start counting heads, lol.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 PM

12,333 posts, read 12,109,277 times
One of the tenants in my building had 4 kids with differnet fathers, then she has this new loser ghetto BF and she has yet another bun in the oven, the sister would never let him in the apartment thus they always hung out outisde the bldg, I would get so mad every time i would see all the kids around her and here i am working 40 hours a week and my tax dollars are paying for her and her children........ugh

i wanted to send her a annoynis letter stating that she had a lot of nerve to have a fifth child when she didnt work, had no husband and was living in a one bedroom apartment with her sister and her kids used to do homework outside in the front of the building, talk about ghetto....but they have since moved.....

Old 06-30-2011, 03:49 PM

11,294 posts, read 17,164,145 times
It's an "article" from the Daily Mail. That's Britain's version of the Weekly World News.

No doubt Suleman is a freak of nature whose tubes should have been tied before she had her first kid...

however, most of that "article" is either complete fiction, or bits and pieces of sentences pasted together completely out of context to make for profitable copy.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:21 PM

2,789 posts, read 2,556,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
One of the tenants in my building had 4 kids with differnet fathers, then she has this new loser ghetto BF and she has yet another bun in the oven, the sister would never let him in the apartment thus they always hung out outisde the bldg, I would get so mad every time i would see all the kids around her and here i am working 40 hours a week and my tax dollars are paying for her and her children........ugh

i wanted to send her a annoynis letter stating that she had a lot of nerve to have a fifth child when she didnt work, had no husband and was living in a one bedroom apartment with her sister and her kids used to do homework outside in the front of the building, talk about ghetto....but they have since moved.....

I can understand your frustration...I have 6 kids..I do work fulltime..I also went to school fulltime while I was working..My ex husband is the father of my older 4, and my ex boyfriend is the father of my two younger ones.....Yes they do help with our kids, I do support them on my own..I don't bring loser men into my home..my home is my safe haven for my kids and I. Just because you have kids is no reason to be ghetto...or lazy...I support my kids on my own..I cant stand lazy moms..it just irritates me...if I can go to work with kids so can anyone else..oh by the way my kids are 22, on his own with his own family, 20 she recently moved back home and she pays rent..18 has one more year then he graduates, 16 he's in highschool, 11 she starts middle school in the fall..9 she will start 4th grade....I have good kids...
What is she teaching her kids..

Old 06-30-2011, 04:22 PM

22,246 posts, read 13,070,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
It's an "article" from the Daily Mail. That's Britain's version of the Weekly World News.
But, but... It's on the internet, Anon!! Doesn't that make it true?

Old 06-30-2011, 04:34 PM

18,868 posts, read 16,066,648 times
My other issue with "Octo-Mom", Dads are important to kids. I never had a good one, and had lots of problems because of that. My kid's have a really great Dad, even though we are divorced, he is a good parent.

I never agreed that having 14 kids, with no Dad is okay. Even if the first six had a few dead beat Dads, that is better than no Dad. Maybe she is so flaky, no guy wanted to stay around very long.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:35 PM

12,173 posts, read 6,124,184 times
Just because someone suffers from a severe case of assishness does not mean anyone else has the right to determine whether or not they have the right to reproduce. Now if the person had a medically or psychiatrically diagnosed condition, and it was recommended by caregivers and guardians, then perhaps, but even that is extremely controversial and a slippery-slope.

She's douche and a moron, but if she wants 25 kids, that's her right.

I'm also glad the IVF quack lost his licence.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:46 PM

14,571 posts, read 8,984,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I feel that way sometimes. I never hate them but I could sure strangle them at times.
LOL Yes, I often say "I may not always like you, but I'll always love you". Kids have that effect on you!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:23 PM

5,258 posts, read 5,159,962 times
This is sick. She should have thought her decision through more clearly. I also think her doctor is an idiot for aiding in this process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting