Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:04 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
SHE can't fix the situation. The situation is broken beyond repair. The only thing left to do now is to give the kids homes (multiple) where they can find healthy adoptive parents (yeah good luck with that - who in their right mind would want the media to somehow learn that they're raising one of octomom's kids?)...

and octomom needs to be forced to pay back all the money she took from the government, who paid for her to have more kids, when she couldn't afford to take care of the ones she already had. Her sperm donor's donor card should be permanently revoked, her womb should be superglued, stapled, and cauterized, and every single company that encouraged her to have more babies by providing "free stuff" for the previous ones, be forced to donate the same amount of free stuff to foster parents nationwide.
Unfortunetely, this is so true, I agree with this post a billion percent, I couldn't have of said it better.

Unless she wins the Lottery, sadly, no there is no solution. Even if say she got a good job, that still isn't going to help.

I can't believe someone could be this stupid as to involve other lives into this, I don't even know what the right word would be to call this type of situation.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 01:13 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I have to beg to differ with you. I think it IS everybody elses business (those who hold the purse strings and all that) when someone breeds uncontrollably.

We've already got FAR too much of rampant breeding going on already with certain minorities who shall remain nameless.

But the reason it IS everybodys business is not only because of the taxation factor, but also because we ALL have to share this planet. The world is overpopulated enough as it is, resources are dwindling, and if I am crowded out everywhere I go with barely enough room to turn around without twisting into a pretzel to do it, then it IS my business.
OK, so who determines who is allowed to breed, and who is not? Who determines how many children each person is allowed? I personally do not think IVF should be unregulated for this very reason, but I also don't agree with the Duggar's. The difference is I have an opinion, but it ends there and I would not impose them on others. We all think she's an irresponsible moron, and her children are undoubtably in a less than stellar environment, but who has the right to decide for her. If there is a case against her, then yes, please remove the children post haste.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:24 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
The irony of this particular case is that "idiotmom" was on medical DISABILITY when she was implanted with eggs!!!!! She said she could not perform work, but I guess taking care of six kids, and getting implanted with EIGHT more was something she could do.

Sick.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:32 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,056,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The irony of this particular case is that "idiotmom" was on medical DISABILITY when she was implanted with eggs!!!!! She said she could not perform work, but I guess taking care of six kids, and getting implanted with EIGHT more was something she could do.

Sick.
As long as she got her 15 seconds of fame, that's all that mattered. And she got it. People are sick, and the media is even sicker. People who lack responsibility like that should not be given assistance of any kind. I really hope her kids are taken away from her.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:33 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
The problem with old Octo is that she doesn't want help. She wants money and celebrity. It's not about being able to take care of her kids and put on food on the table, it's about earning millions doing reality TV, ala John and Kate. She's spurned just about anyone who has tried to help her with the basics in order to pursue the fame she desperately wants.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
I hold the doctor largely culpable for the whole tragedy. I wonder if he is also a media hound. At least he is being held responsible for his actions.

The children are the real victims here. In order to have any chance of normal life, they will have to be split up. Really, what do they have except each other? On the other hand, who would opt to take 8 toddlers plus siblings?

Old 07-01-2011, 01:54 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
OK, so who determines who is allowed to breed, and who is not? Who determines how many children each person is allowed? I personally do not think IVF should be unregulated for this very reason, but I also don't agree with the Duggar's. The difference is I have an opinion, but it ends there and I would not impose them on others. We all think she's an irresponsible moron, and her children are undoubtably in a less than stellar environment, but who has the right to decide for her. If there is a case against her, then yes, please remove the children post haste.
The moment you extend your hand for money, especially public money, your interests cease to be your interests. While I'm not a Dugger fan in the least, they are also completely self supporting. Ol' Jim Bob isn't collecting food stamps to feed his brood.

There really is a simple formula in these cases at least in terms of IVF. If the potential number of children you will have will place you over the federal poverty line and qualify you for benefits, then you can't have the procedure.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:27 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
The moment you extend your hand for money, especially public money, your interests cease to be your interests. While I'm not a Dugger fan in the least, they are also completely self supporting. Ol' Jim Bob isn't collecting food stamps to feed his brood.

There really is a simple formula in these cases at least in terms of IVF. If the potential number of children you will have will place you over the federal poverty line and qualify you for benefits, then you can't have the procedure.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:36 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I think the number should be regulated regardless of the financial standing of the parents.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:49 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I think the number should be regulated regardless of the financial standing of the parents.
So do I. Because of overpopulation and dwindling resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting