Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times

Advertisements

Oh, I have another one that I have to tell you guys! But it's not my kid.

So, I was walking the dogs this evening and walked by a pleasant young couple who smiled and said Hello. So, I smiled back and said Hello. Then the little girl goes, "Hello Old Lady!"

I could still hear her mother shushing her as we walked on.

Just a little blow to the ego; that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 08:52 PM

114 posts, read 231,868 times
one night when my oldest was around 2 we were at walgreens, we were walking behind an older lady when she farted and next thing you know my son yells excuess you old lady, that is what you are suppose to say when you fart!!! lol i darted down an aisle so fast and could not stop laughing!!!

Old 07-02-2011, 02:04 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,487,021 times
OMG, this just happened this afternoon so I had to get on here and tell it.

At Wal Mart, my dd and I were walking into the store, and a man was walking out. He had on a vest of some kind, with no shirt underneath, and the vest was open. He was older, probably 50's, and not in the best of shape. He did look a hot mess, and I tried to keep my eyes straight ahead as we passed. Then, my dd says (loudly) "Mommy! That MAN has BOOBIES!" I just went deaf and dumb and didn't dare glance at him as we passed.

I had to tell her that wasn't very nice, but she just gave me this look that said, "Why not? It was the truth."

Old 07-02-2011, 02:38 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,930 times
When dd was three or so we were walking across the street and someone in a wheelchair was approaching. DD yelled out something like, "Look at that big stroller" or "Why are they in a big stroller". I forgot which exactly, but I had to talk to dd about whispering to me when she notices something about someone AND to make sure she mentions it after we pass them.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:39 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
OMG, this just happened this afternoon so I had to get on here and tell it.

At Wal Mart, my dd and I were walking into the store, and a man was walking out. He had on a vest of some kind, with no shirt underneath, and the vest was open. He was older, probably 50's, and not in the best of shape. He did look a hot mess, and I tried to keep my eyes straight ahead as we passed. Then, my dd says (loudly) "Mommy! That MAN has BOOBIES!" I just went deaf and dumb and didn't dare glance at him as we passed.

I had to tell her that wasn't very nice, but she just gave me this look that said, "Why not? It was the truth."

Old 07-02-2011, 04:14 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
At Wal Mart, my dd and I were walking into the store, and a man was walking out. He had on a vest of some kind, with no shirt underneath, and the vest was open. He was older, probably 50's, and not in the best of shape. He did look a hot mess,
Totally believable.

Funny Pictures at WalMart Photos

people of walmart - Google Search

Old 07-03-2011, 12:37 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I used to teach school...believe me, you would DIE if you KNEW what your kids tell the teacher! (I will never tell!) But...
My oldest told her teacher she'd had a baby brother but he died from choking on a block. The kindergarten teacher was deeply saddened to hear it, and approached me later to say something suitably comforting. One problem-- never happened. She had a twin sister, and no other sibs (at least, that I knew of). Not funny, just extremely embarassing. I never have figured out where that came from.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:46 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Walking through the parking lot with my 3 year old daughter, when she sees a very obese man waddling our way. As he passes by...

"Hey fat dude! Stop eating so much Chick-fil-A."

Or in the car...

"Get outta the way b*tch! Mamma's gotta pee!"

I can only assume she got the second one from my wife.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:27 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,067,462 times
When I was a single woman, I visited my brother, his wife and my 3 year old niece and I was set up on a blind date. My niece was with me while I was getting dressed. When she heard the door bell ring, she ran into the room to greet the date about 6 steps in front of me. Just as I was entering the room I heard niece yell.

"Mommie, Mommie, Auntie No Kudzu has fur on her bottom just like you do." My brother chimed in with "Well here is Auntie Furry Bottom right now". Everybody laughed except me. It was a real awkward evening.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:32 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,067,462 times
After 6 years of infertility treatments, we finally had a son. We loved him so much and told him he was a special gift from God.

One time when he was about 3, he ran down the hall after he had done something especially bad. Just about the time I was reaching for his arm to drag him back to the scene of the crime, he stopped, spun around, put up his arm like a traffic cop and said "STOP, you can't spank me. I'm a special boy from God."
I stopped and burst into side splitting laughter. He says he still remembers this. He's almost 30 now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting