Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 04:05 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,474 times

Advertisements

Wow.
This guys is a total POS. I'm sorry, there's no other polite way of saying it

Instead of asking us advice about what to do with your son/wife, why don't you just pack your things and leave them? That is probably the best and motivating thing you can do for your family -- leave them.

Don't bother asking advice when your son is a junkie by 17. Here's a hint: You did it.

I wonder why the OP hasn't responded at all yet. He probably is one of them creepy fellas that beats his family or worse

Old 07-01-2011, 04:17 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,673,430 times
dont know why youre asking our opinions, when you got the SAME opinions a month ago.

did you think we would change our minds? forget? all of a sudden think you deserve the dad of the year award?

i think not.

you are wrong. WRONG.. .. W R O N G

and if i were your wife (which thank GOD im not!) i wouldnt be for long. id have ditched your butt and had CPS look into you and have you sent away to a nice little place called prison.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
I seriously think his son might be better off in foster care - he certainly wouldn't be treated any worse.

This is the type of abuse you read about in the papers and think, "That poor kid." His wife is also complicit in letting things get this out of hand. The tutor should have reported him to CPS for emotional abuse at the very least (even though they do nothing about such abuse, I think they might investigate).

Can you imagine how "fun" this guy would be on vacation? Who would even want to go on vacation with him? It's doing the kid a favor not to take him in one way, but in another way, it is horribly abandoning and will leave terrible emotional scars.

I would love to hear his son talk from his perspective. I bet it would be simply heart-breaking. I pity the other kids, as well.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:27 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I seriously think his son might be better off in foster care - he certainly wouldn't be treated any worse.

This is the type of abuse you read about in the papers and think, "That poor kid." His wife is also complicit in letting things get this out of hand. The tutor should have reported him to CPS for emotional abuse at the very least (even though they do nothing about such abuse, I think they might investigate).

Can you imagine how "fun" this guy would be on vacation? Who would even want to go on vacation with him? It's doing the kid a favor not to take him in one way, but in another way, it is horribly abandoning and will leave terrible emotional scars.

I would love to hear his son talk from his perspective. I bet it would be simply heart-breaking. I pity the other kids, as well.
Ah vacation with a guy like this.. let's see..

Probably has a schedule planned to EVERY second of the trip. His family get in trouble if they take 2 minutes longer in the bathroom getting ready.

Probably argues with them about what they order when they go out to eat.

Probably embarress them in line or at restauraunts, just because "he can"

He is that guy that punishes his kids for spilling soda.
Or beats them for coming home at 10:02 when the curfew is 10:00.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times
Even though the OP is most likely a troll, I have to say that he is a poor excuse for a human being.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,936,800 times
I said it before, I'll say it again - your family does NOT need a vacation to Hawaii. Cash in the tickets, cancel the reservations and hire a family counselor.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:23 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
This is SO a repeat of the last thread w/ the same advice of you being an overpowering parent. I would think you would be happy that your son is responding to tutoring. You seem to have an issue of others questioning your authority, including your wife and the tutor. Just for the record, I'm not worried about being my dd's friend. I am the parent, she is the child yet I do not go to the extremes in punishment as you do.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:50 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,479,708 times
"The flogging will continue until morale improves."

That's the saying your punishment reminds me of. Not only do you have to assert your control over a nearly grown kid, you need t make sure that the younger ones internalize that he's a loser by taking their chores, watching you eat dessert, and being excluded from a major family vacation.

As for a tutor, you plead poverty and then are readying your bags for Florida? Put an ad on craigslist, look for a math major from the local college, and offer $25/$30 per hour. They'll be beating the door down. You'll fritter away half a year of tutoring in 3 days worth of eating in Hawaii.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:57 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
I sure feel sad for your son....I'm sure he'll never quite amount to what YOU feel he should be....very sad that you won,t accept him for the unique individual that he is....and YOU SIR...are a tyrant.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:37 AM

89 posts, read 175,024 times
You forgot the hot iron rod and the whip lashes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting