Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on male cirumcision.
I am female. 37 38.54%
I am male. 23 23.96%
Yes- circumcision should be done. 36 37.50%
No- why mess with nature. 34 35.42%
Either- both have their benefits. 28 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:37 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,634,993 times

Advertisements

Me <<<< thinks it
Arctic Kitten <<<< says it

While I have never even SEEN one of these much less had this experience, this was FUNNY! lol

And now we return to your regularly programmed thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:39 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,352,859 times
I'm sorry.. if it's too graphic and grossing people out, I can still edit it and think of something to put in its place.

It's just my opinion. Who wants crusties!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:40 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,042,511 times
I've been with uncircumsized men. I've never experienced "crusties" before.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
It's analogy Charles about cultural norms. Do I have to explain that?
Charles Wallace's point was simply that it was a flawed analogy.

Quote:
Let me explain the ABSOLUTE obvious Charles Wallace. Last time I checked, a man can still have a great sex life without the foreskin... having your labia removed can lead to infection and painful intercourse and/or worse.
It's true that circumsized men can have enjoyable sex lives, too. No one has said anything to the contrary. And let it be known than male circumsicion can lead to "infection and painful intercourse and/or worse", as well.

Quote:
More power to anyone who has a foreskin! Seriously, it doesn't matter in the scheme of life. I just think it's ridiculous to say one is absolutely better than the other and for a woman to have the exclusive rights to what happens to her sons penis is kind of weird since she doesn't even have one. Ask the father what they think... and you'll probably have your answer on what you should do.
I do not claim exclusive rights over my son's penis, Indeed, I feel that my son and my son alone should decide whether or not he wishes to be circumsized.

My point is just that circumsicion is a painful, permanent, unneccesary procedure. My husband and I have decided that none of our children will be circumsized.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:48 AM

786 posts, read 1,171,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Kitten View Post
and made it smell...
You sound like my kinda girl, AK!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:56 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,888,310 times
I think the guy with the crusties maybe just need to drink more water. If it's in there long enough to crystallize, that's pretty bad. Never seen that problem either.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:20 PM

19 posts, read 57,910 times
I Am A Female And Both Of My Sons Were Circumcised After Delivery.
My Husband Was Circumcised In His 30's...no Choice-i Can Not Remember The Correct Term For The Diagnosis-sorry---he Never Had A Problem Until Around Age 29. His Pain Became Constant And With The Doctors Advice -it Was Done.
My Co-worker's Son Was 7 Years Old When It Was Done. Apparently It Was Not Being Cleaned And Dried Correctly. The parents love their child -so please dont take this the wrong way- but the description of the 'crusty' thing mentioned earlier is close to how my co-worker described it. She stated that she felt horrible because the Parents Had Not Noticed The Horrible Infection -until A New Pediatrician Brought It To Their Attention.
Of Course The Pain Is Worse As You Become Older. The Previous Posters Gave Very Good Information -its always good to hear different views.
As Always, Good Luck With Your Decision

Last edited by ANDIONE; 08-10-2007 at 12:30 PM..

Old 08-10-2007, 12:29 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,457,617 times
[quote=MrsSteel;1251703]Charles Wallace's point was simply that it was a flawed analogy.

It was hardly a flawed analogy. I guess I will have to explain it... Women shave their arm pits because it's a cultural norm (as sons are circumcised in the U.S. because of many reasons... one being that it is a cultural norm) - how would you feel if you were the only one whose parents decided that it would be "natural" for you to not shave them? I doubt you'll be throwing your arm up in the air with a tank top on in class... The point was, TRY to see it from your sons point of view in the future - kids/adults already have enough to be insecure about... they don't need something that you believe in - that's contrary to the norm - to make them feel insecure also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
It's true that circumsized men can have enjoyable sex lives, too. No one has said anything to the contrary. And let it be known than male circumsicion can lead to "infection and painful intercourse and/or worse", as well.
(SIIIGGGGHHH) MrsSteel. That statement went along with comparing removing your labia vs. circumcision. AND no duh about that male circumsicion can lead to infections, etc. I didn't say it didn't. Are you listening to me or are you just trying to be condescending? I respect your decision I'm just giving a different perspective. What's wrong with that?

Quote:
I do not claim exclusive rights over my son's penis, Indeed, I feel that my son and my son alone should decide whether or not he wishes to be circumsized.
You have the right to say express your opinion but your husband has more weight in this matter than you do being you have no idea what it's like to have a penis.

Quote:
My point is just that circumsicion is a painful, permanent, unneccesary procedure. My husband and I have decided that none of our children will be circumsized.
Good for MrsSteel that your sons get to keep their foreskin. Hopefully they won't have any crustie issues

Old 08-10-2007, 12:39 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,169,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Kitten View Post
..think of the discrepencies here.

1. An older man will wish it had not been done. (the one I have found that states this opinion, was only because someone fed him a line about how he's being cheated on all his sexual experiences by only being half as sensitive now) and he was outraged that sex couldn't be better than it was now, because of it!! He says he was cheated out of life.

2. An older man will opt for it not to be done by the time he can logically consent to wanting the procedure, for the same reasons anyone else in their right mind would... because it is more painful when you are older, and who is willingly going to lay down under the knife for their most sensitive spot? They will find some other reason to justify avoiding the subject entirely. If it is to be done, it should be done in the infancy stages.

I had to have my inner ears operated on at a young age, so young that they did not use anethesia (which is the case with most circumsisions)
Do I hate my parents for it? Am I mentally and emotionally scarred for the rest of my life? ....no. But for the record, I'm still 80% deaf in my right ear

Don't bash my post. It's just an opinion
I agree with ya hun...on all your posts.....

I am to quit deaf...70% in one, 20% in another...I'll tell you why later...

but I agree with you totally kiddo...I'm right there with ya...

Old 08-10-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
It was hardly a flawed analogy.
I still argue that your analogy is flawed. If my daughter wishes to shave her armpits, she may do so. If she wishes to grow out the hair, she may do so. Her body, her choice. But even so, shaving hair it is not a permanent alteration. Circumsicion is. Hence, the flaw in the analogy.

If my son wishes to have his foreskin removed, that is his choice but I leave it up to him to make it. His body, his choice.

Quote:
The point was, TRY to see it from your sons point of view in the future - kids/adults already have enough to be insecure about... they don't need something that you believe in - that's contrary to the norm - to make them feel insecure also.
I am making an effort to see it from my son's point of view. And I see that my son has a right to what happens to his body. And by the way, my husband is uncircumsized and he is quite secure about his body, so I certainly don't understand whatever point you are attempting to make here.

Quote:
I respect your decision I'm just giving a different perspective. What's wrong with that?
I, too, am giving a differnt perspective. At no time did I say you had no right to voice your perspective, either. So we are agreed there.

Quote:
You have the right to say express your opinion but your husband has more weight in this matter than you do being you have no idea what it's like to have a penis.
Well, seeing as my husband is not circumsized, you can understand why he agrees with me on this subject.

Quote:
Good for MrsSteel that your sons get to keep their foreskin. Hopefully they won't have any crustie issues
It's called soap and water. My husband uses it every day & we've had no "crustie" issues in all the years I've known him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting