Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 12:02 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,128,010 times

Advertisements

[quote=num1baby;20412133]2 things about me. When I was pregnant, my fingers were so huge that I don't think I could fit a bracelet around one, much less my rings. Also, I have always looked young for my age.

I was pregnant at 25. Some of the comments I heard were: "Great! Another baby to a single, teenage mom. Just what the world needs." (said sarcastically of course). Another to my mom was "How could you let your child get pregnant so young? Do you even know who the father is?"

Did you get great satisfaction while saying Wow aren't you going to feel like an a** when you learn that I am a mature grown woman and married?

Quote:
I heard a lot of comments like these. Most of the time, i just ignored them. I couldn't ignore them one time though and shot back with "My pregnancy really is none of your business. Since you are so concerned though, I am 25 years old. I own my own house. I have been married for 3 years. I have a savings account. I have a car. I have a job. My husband has a job. Is there anything else you would like to know? Would you like to see a copy of my birth certificate and my bank statement? The sad thing is that all of this doesn't matter. If I was a single, teenage mom, do you really think that is any of your business? You may want to think again before you make rude comments in the future. Obviously, since you think it is ok to make comments like that, you are not perfect." By the end of it, she was trying to run away from me. lol
Drat, you are too nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 12:14 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,215,927 times
When I was pregnant with my first child, my BF who I was engaged to, and had been living with for two years, kicked me out, he decided he was not "ready", even though wedding invitations had already been mailed out. I was homeless, and had no family to live with. I had nothing, but a job, which I was "laid off" from when I was six months pregnant.

So, the last thing I needed at that point in my life, was anyone who was mean to me about anything.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:42 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,645,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I used to hate the waddling thing to until I got pregnant and realized that I waddle because if I walk regular the baby bounces on my bladder or a nerve on my back and that REALLY hurts.
Pregnancy is no day at the beach, is it? My waddling was due to my pelvis widened and my leg bones (fermurs) weren't security in the hip sockets.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:47 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,515,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Pregnancy is no day at the beach, is it? My waddling was due to my pelvis widened and my leg bones (fermurs) weren't security in the hip sockets.
That sounds very painful! I hope everything went back into it's place after the baby came. If not, OUCH!

Old 08-11-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
That sounds very painful! I hope everything went back into it's place after the baby came. If not, OUCH!
It felt very unstable walking, like my legs were just dangling in my sockets. Everything did go back into place afterwards. Some people aren't as lucky.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,739,244 times
Quote:
It felt very unstable walking, like my legs were just dangling in my sockets. Everything did go back into place afterwards. Some people aren't as lucky.
OMG that sounds extremely painful and horrible! I agree with you, pregnancy is no walk in the park! How did you even manage? Did your doctor recommend you to walk like that? Seriously you made me wince in pain.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:19 PM

26 posts, read 61,782 times
Hips not being securely in place is actually super common. I got lucky that mine went back in place after about a week of them being completely out of place and not being able to handle standing without pain and falling back over.

It's always the people who don't have a clue about being pregnant that seem to want to talk the most. When I have to go somewhere people always laugh or stare cause I waddle so bad, but I am past my due date. The baby's head is literally in between my hips and it's like walking with bowling ball jammed in there. I'd like to see some of these people try it.

If I hear one more person just assume I am out with my mom because I am some prego highschooler ditched by a "baby-daddy" I may scream. I'm 23, I am not single, and I am with my mom at the store because I don't torture my honey by forcing him to go shopping, get over yourselves.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:37 PM

2,729 posts, read 6,092,843 times
Quote:
plus the crippling sciatica that kept me from putting weight on my right leg. When my husband asked the doctor what we could do about it he was told that "delivery is the cure".

Old 08-11-2011, 03:38 PM

2,729 posts, read 6,092,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlenigma View Post
Hips not being securely in place is actually super common. I got lucky that mine went back in place after about a week of them being completely out of place and not being able to handle standing without pain and falling back over.

It's always the people who don't have a clue about being pregnant that seem to want to talk the most. When I have to go somewhere people always laugh or stare cause I waddle so bad, but I am past my due date. The baby's head is literally in between my hips and it's like walking with bowling ball jammed in there. I'd like to see some of these people try it.

If I hear one more person just assume I am out with my mom because I am some prego highschooler ditched by a "baby-daddy" I may scream. I'm 23, I am not single, and I am with my mom at the store because I don't torture my honey by forcing him to go shopping, get over yourselves.
My friend is young too and she gets lots of grief. Don't let the pediatrician push you around after your little one arrives. Make sure you find one who treats you with respect.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
OMG that sounds extremely painful and horrible! I agree with you, pregnancy is no walk in the park! How did you even manage? Did your doctor recommend you to walk like that? Seriously you made me wince in pain.
It really was only the last couple of months. The doctor never recommended anything, simply explained why my joints and legs felt like that. I simply walked whatever way felt like I was more stable and wouldn't fall. I don't recall any serious pain associated with it, just the feeling like I would fall or my body would collapse from under me. But it has been 20 years since then. I've long forgotten all pain associated with pregnancy and delivery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting