Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 07:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You're right of course. I've calmed down a bit. Silly what sets us off sometimes, no?
Hugs Fin. Nobody appreciates what you went through more than me. (For what that's worth, lol.) Also not worth getting your BP up. Or getting banned. I said something this morning that I realised (about 30 minutes ago) went two ways. Usually I try to think things through and it was a stupid thing to post.

BTW Someone sent me a head's up DM with a little inside scoop. Definitely not someone to get upset over. Trust me on this one.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hugs Fin. Nobody appreciates what you went through more than me. (For what that's worth, lol.) Also not worth getting your BP up. Or getting banned. I said something this morning that I realised (about 30 minutes ago) went two ways. Usually I try to think things through and it was a stupid thing to post.

BTW Someone sent me a head's up DM with a little inside scoop. Definitely not someone to get upset over. Trust me on this one.
Oh Dew, you're such a sweetheart. Love to you.

I trust you implicitly.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:03 PM

I think we need a virtual bon bon eating game. Every time you hear the phrase "traditional gender role" you have to eat a bon bon. The non alcoholics among us can have liquor filled ones. Think of it as a gooey shot. Or a bob bon, if you will.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:09 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Too many delusions of grandeur going on over there for me to give it much worth. Oh, and the lies. I hate the lies.

I'm waiting for a scotch-filled bob-bon please.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:10 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
I resisted as long as I could. That woman is,.... well bless her heart is all I'm saying.

Cal, the private schools are the worst for fundraisers. Been there, done that. The best was the headmaster at eldest's high school who asked me and DH to meet with him. We had no idea what was up, but showed up at the appointed time. Only to be asked to contribute $500,000 freakin dollars to the building fund. We could only laugh and leave. If he had asked for a reasonable amount we would have counter-offered, but half a million?!

We are currently getting calls from the boys' colleges looking for money. Tuition, fees, room and board just isn't cutting it. I have gotten very good at saying no in a sort of graceful way. I feel for the kids they pay to do this.

MM, such an expense for these animals that love us unconditionally. We can't do any less for them, but, ouch! I feel your pain.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh Dew, you're such a sweetheart. Love to you.

I trust you implicitly.
Good. Because we are talking SERIOUSLY goofy.

YOU know what you have done. Mr. FR knows what you have done. Someday Little Miss FR will know what you've done.

Someday Little Miss FR is going to go to a job interview, show them how brilliant she is and get hired. And it's not going to matter if she's a woman or a man 'cause her momma helped fight the war that really mattered.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Good. Because we are talking SERIOUSLY goofy.

YOU know what you have done. Mr. FR knows what you have done. Someday Little Miss FR will know what you've done.

Someday Little Miss FR is going to go to a job interview, show them how brilliant she is and get hired. And it's not going to matter if she's a woman or a man 'cause her momma helped fight the war that really mattered.
Ok, now you're making me all teary. What an unbelievably nice thing to say. Thank you.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:27 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
After I had several posts removed from that thread I am not going back.

So, I just sat back, drank a glass of wine and watched a bit of TV (the new show Pan AM), and am much calmer about my whole day care thing now. I realized how grateful I am about several things in my situation. 2 of them are:

I am able to work in a job that can support my family thanks to the hard working women who came before me and refused to take no for an answer

I have a job in this economy.

I know that without these 2 things I wouldn't be having this issue in the first place, but without them I wouldn't be able to live the life that I live. I am very grateful for that. DD wouldn't be here if I wasn't able to choose where I work and what job I will do at that job. I met DH while working a "man's" job.

So, thank you to all women who made that possible.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:30 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Too many delusions of grandeur going on over there for me to give it much worth. Oh, and the lies. I hate the lies.

I'm waiting for a scotch-filled bob-bon please.
Good gracious, that thread is nasty!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Good gracious, that thread is nasty!
Hey focal - we're having a baby pool for Ewag's pending little miss. Would you like to have a guess? We have a website and everything.

Ewag, when are you due again? I really should put it on the site so I don't forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting