Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 09:50 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Are you referring to me?
Oh my goodness - no, not at all, calgirl!!

I wasn't actually referring to any one particular poster, just the general trend of some posters being really argumentative over things that weren't necessarily intended to be offensive, if that makes sense. Sometimes it seems like people are purposefully misreading things or reading a lot into things and then get very feisty about it, like happens over in P&OC a lot. We all get passionate on these threads sometimes, when we have strong feelings about a topic - I totally understand that! - just every now and again it seems like there are a lot of arguing-for-arguing's-sake threads.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:52 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
All very good reasons to move out. I think it's great that you're getting your own place.

We're just trying to help you not get into a situation where you have to break a lease due to lack of money to pay rent (or choose which bill to be behind on next month) - that can hurt you in a really big way for years to come credit and housing-wise.

Most of us have years of renting and budgeting experience - I wish I had had a collective of experienced women to help me know some of the things I found out the hard way, even if I didn't want to hear it at the time!
Not to mention that-- as has been seen-- sucky credit will decrease your chances of being able to even rent an apartment or get certain jobs. Because employers can, and many do, run your credit profile.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:07 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Oh my goodness - no, not at all, calgirl!!

I wasn't actually referring to any one particular poster, just the general trend of some posters being really argumentative over things that weren't necessarily intended to be offensive, if that makes sense. Sometimes it seems like people are purposefully misreading things or reading a lot into things and then get very feisty about it, like happens over in P&OC a lot. We all get passionate on these threads sometimes, when we have strong feelings about a topic - I totally understand that! - just every now and again it seems like there are a lot of arguing-for-arguing's-sake threads.

OK, thanks.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:12 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,038 times
Sorry--I just thought I was answering her question, not debating religion. I thought she was feeling ganged up upon. was not trying to make her feel bad.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:12 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
I don't know how that thread turned into a religous debate. That wasn't the topic at all. It was about how the OP felt as a mother.

It was her thread. I couldn't believe some people posted in it outright admitting they weren't referencing the OP.

People like that need to start their own thread, especially when they outright know they aren't talking about the OP topic but something else entirely.

And I'm not too timid to say, yes, I'm referring in part to you, calgirlinnc.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:18 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I don't know how that thread turned into a religous debate. That wasn't the topic at all. It was about how the OP felt as a mother.

It was her thread. I couldn't believe some people posted in it outright admitting they weren't referencing the OP.

People like that need to start their own thread, especially when they outright know they aren't talking about the OP topic but something else entirely.

And I'm not too timid to say, yes, I'm referring in part to you, calgirlinnc.
It turned into a religious debate because it was about a 19 year old having sex. You know someone NOT CALGIRL is going to jump into those conversations on the morality bandwagon about it being premarital sex and wrong yadda yadda. It unavoidable....you cannot talk about a unmarried young person with the religion and morality cards being thrown.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:22 PM

How are you txt?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
How are you txt?
Bruised, cut and swollen.
My blind azz went running last night. GENIUS IDEA, given the amount of gravely type roads on my area. Around a corner, on the ground, rolled on the ground, got up, bled in my car, went to walmart, wrapped a bandage around multiple areas of my battered body.

Everything but my hand is cuts, scrapes and bruises.
I can barely move my hand, it hurts so bad and its so swollen that I can barely touch my other fingers to my thumb.

Besides that im fantastic, im about to go chill with a cop buddy, going to attempt to go to the range, ill see how my hand does. I'm right handed, my left is just a support hand, I can hold my simulation gun just fine lets see how the rest goes.

And im anxiously awaiting my cosigner to get his **** in.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
How are you txt?
How are you as well?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:36 PM

Are you sure it's not broken? TK's hand was swollen when he broke it. He had difficulty moving it.

I'm well, thank you. Should be doing laundry and all of those fun things. Like it here better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting