Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 03:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,020,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Gorgeous out here today! I'd call it "brisk" don't know the temp. Not warm but not cold either (IMO). not windy, lots of sun. And it's Friday, which makes everything look better anyway.
It's 48 according to my source.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,991,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
So, 80 is hot chocolate weather for you?
Yes. My blood has thinned, lol. The weather people here actually call it a "cold front" the first time temps drop to the low 80's.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:41 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,334,257 times
Heh...so maybe 48 would be cold to you Dew! To me it's sweatshirt or jacket on but unzipped weather - I love it!

Last edited by maciesmom; 10-28-2011 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 10-28-2011, 03:57 PM

48 and I'm bundled up in a hat, scarf, gloves and my wool pea coat. Or maybe my heavy Tinkerbelle coat. (Yes I have a Tinkerbelle coat, lol. I don't wear Tink much these days.)

Old 10-28-2011, 04:15 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,942,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
So? You should be prepared for the unexpected by having proper footwear in your car.

Woopie. I live in a region where ice storms are more common than snow. I don't park in a garage. I've never fallen.

Safety is not a luxury. Your expensive cell phone and cell phone plan is a luxury.

You can't lift 50lbs? Wow! I can lift over 100lbs and I don't even work out. And I'm old. You have no excuse for being so weak. Honestly, I don't believe you.
For the last damn time.....my phone was a birthday gift from my friend and my plan is not expensive, its divided between two people...its cheap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
then how do you plan to have enough money to move out?

I think I've slipped once since we've lived here.
I refuse to spend my money on things unless I really need to. I'm saving up till january, I refuse to spend the money I am saving on something for some one else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Exactly, if money is that tight, you don't really have any business signing a lease. Especially when you needed a cosigner who will ultimately be on the hook if (when) you can't make rent.
Money is that tight cause I refuse to spend it unless absolutely necessary, even then I spend as little as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
More free advice. (This is truly your lucky day.)

Do NOT sign a lease. You have no business signing a lease.

You do need to change your attitude. You are going to come across people and situations for the rest of your life that you don't like. People will do things that affect you that you don't like. Someday with your attitude and anger, you're going to meet up with someone that doesn't appreciate it. I'm telling you. It's not going to be pretty. You pull that on a superior at work (as an example) and you'll be in the unemployment line the next morning.

You know, you get a boat load of GREAT advice from people who have been there done that and are successful with their careers and family. When are you going to start listening?
I'm not broke I'm saving. I'm broke in the sense I put so much towards savings that I don't allow my self very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I apologize, I didn't realize. You have been talking about moving so I assumed you weren't broke. I read earlier today that you plan on getting a new laptop for Christmas, as well as gift cards and stuff for your apartment. Laptops are hundreds of dollars so I didn't realize you were in dire straits now. I hope you do not get yourself in a jam with a lease and wind up costing your roommate or co-signer money because you can't make rent.

In any case, if your driveway is all icy as you say, your mother will probably have or be getting salt.
I'm getting those as gifts. I've already been told my gifts my mom does it every Christmas and birthday, she tells me what I'm getting and takes the surprise right out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
^^^ Yes, perhaps it SHOULD go something like this.... Txt SHOULD be paying her mother rent, in order to live there! Txt's mother should NOT be expected to shovel snow and melt ice for a deadbeat tenant!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if I had a kid that was oozing this sense of entitlement, seething with ungratefulness, not to mention, talking about SUING me, because I wasn't letting her park in the garage and/or going out and shoveling the snow/melting the ice, so that she could come and go, unhindered.....ALL while letting her live rent FREE in my home, you can bet she'd be finding some place else to live!!

Seriously....OMG!!!!! You better figure something out txt, because you really have issues with entitlement.
Scuse the **** out of me but did you conviently read over the part where I said I was going to clean the entire garage in order to be able to park in it.....did you all miss that? I'm offering to clean the damn garage so I can park in it...I'm not asking for her to clean it and then let me park in it. I'm working for it....so go pound sand.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:50 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,682,473 times

Old 10-28-2011, 05:21 PM

My gosh, Beachy. I just noticed your number of posts to rep stars ratio! Yeowza, that's impressive. I'm going to start running all my big decisions past you to get your feedback.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:27 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,682,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
My gosh, Beachy. I just noticed your number of posts to rep stars ratio! Yeowza, that's impressive. I'm going to start running all my big decisions past you to get your feedback.
Oh LOL... You know I'm here whenever you wanna talk!

Old 10-28-2011, 10:21 PM

4,281 posts, read 6,059,318 times
Dang, I thought it was around 65 or something, and we drove by a bank that said it was 79. I know those things aren't too reliable, but was I way off.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:26 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,541,081 times
Txt, it seems to me like your mom may not want to make your home life comfortable. Maybe she is hoping you'll find it so inconvenient that you are motivated to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.