Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 09:35 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times

Advertisements

Txt you need to sort out your priorities. As Zimbo said stop blaming your mom.

You have options that do not include your mom:

A) Forget your cell phone for a week and pay to go to the doctor. A doctors visit out of pocket will cost you anywhere between 30-65 dollars cash. I know because I have paid out of pocket many times before.

B) Ask your boyfriend to borrow the money. If he loves you and cares he would help you out. By the time I was your age and in relationships with guys they helped me out. Given it wasn't all the time but if push came to shove I was glad to have a man that had my back.

C) Go to a free/low cost health clinic. I looked up some online and it seems you have more in Colorado than here in Texas. You maybe working but you just started and they may consider you. I would definitely go.

D) Continue to gripe about being sick, get even more sick, Walmart manager gets pissed because now you start taking off before you even have sick days and fires you. BTW my sister is a manager for Walmart and trust me she doesn't hesitate to fire those who do not pull their weight in the first month of employment.

Also Walmart Pharmacy has the best rate for antibiotics and most medicines around only $4.00. If you do go to the doctor and get the script fill it at Walmart and you might even get a associate discount!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Oh and if I don't go into work today I can't get my paycheck and I have bills to pay. One is due today.
I can't obviously go in and pick it up and then not go to work later but I sure as hell can't leave it there and not get that money in.
Are you telling me WalMart doesn't offer direct deposit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post

A) Forget your cell phone for a week and pay to go to the doctor. A doctors visit out of pocket will cost you anywhere between 30-65 dollars cash. I know because I have paid out of pocket many times before.

B) Ask your boyfriend to borrow the money. If he loves you and cares he would help you out. By the time I was your age and in relationships with guys they helped me out. Given it wasn't all the time but if push came to shove I was glad to have a man that had my back.

C) Go to a free/low cost health clinic. I looked up some online and it seems you have more in Colorado than here in Texas. You maybe working but you just started and they may consider you. I would definitely go.

D) Continue to gripe about being sick, get even more sick, Walmart manager gets pissed because now you start taking off before you even have sick days and fires you. BTW my sister is a manager for Walmart and trust me she doesn't hesitate to fire those who do not pull their weight in the first month of employment.

Also Walmart Pharmacy has the best rate for antibiotics and most medicines around only $4.00. If you do go to the doctor and get the script fill it at Walmart and you might even get a associate discount!
Excellent advice and points!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:45 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Thanks all - I had to skim because I have to run off and pick her up - but both Ewag (I'm speaking for you too, if you don't mind ) and I really really appreciate you all being here for us.

I think I would be 50 times more stressed about it if I didn't have you guys to lean on.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:49 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Oh and if I don't go into work today I can't get my paycheck and I have bills to pay. One is due today.
I can't obviously go in and pick it up and then not go to work later but I sure as hell can't leave it there and not get that money in.
The very fact that you are on your phone arguing and, as usual, making excuses tells me you are not all that sick. Back to the whining and feeling sorry for yourself and wanting everyone to feel sorry for you.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:50 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
No girls registered, apparently. I was unaware until I went to pick her up the first day, and all of the kids seated for lunch were boys! This is an all day preschool, where most kids stay until later. There are 12 of them currently, and their limit is 13. So I don't know what the odds are of a girl joining them anytime soon. My concern is that the boys are likely to gravitate to each other, and not end up forming a close bond with MissFR. I think if she had a friend there that she was looking forward to seeing, that that would make a big difference. Aw crap.
Okay. Now I know it's preschool. And it's all day. Maybe all day is a huge adjustment for her. Maybe a half day preschool would be a better transition into the school environment, especially for a child who has been with a SAHM most of her life.

I'm more concerned about her thinking the teacher is mad at her. Making a friend isn't going to help that. And you don't want to put so much emphasis on school being about socialization. That said, most of my children's lifelong friends were made in preschool. I'm just saying that the biggest problem seems to be that she doesn't think the teacher likes her. She's way too young to be taught about dealing with difficult authority figures, etc.

I find it extremely strange that this preschool didn't ensure there would be diversity in classroom. There's usually a fairly even gender balance.

Whatever you do, don't let her get out of going simply because she's having a meltdown. That will reinforce meltdowns via the relief felt by not having to face something difficult. That doesn't mean you can't make a school change. If you do decide to pull her out or switch schools, you have to think up a story that doesn't make her feel like she escaped a difficult situation. You could simply tell her that preschool is over---for everyone. Or that the school closed and you found another one that happens to be partial day. I don't care what you make up. The important thing is to not let her know that her feelings had anything to do with the change. You don't want to accidently instill the "escape from difficult situations" mindset. But don't let the fear developing the "escape from difficult situations mindset" force you to keep your child in an unacceptable situation (one of my biggest mistakes). That's why you have to be creative in how you present the reason for any upcoming changes.

Last edited by Hopes; 09-15-2011 at 10:02 AM..

Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post

The screen is glass and is starting to crumble even worse. The screen still works but the glass is starting to chip even worse. Its not like I can just forget about it, I don't feel like cutting myself on it again.

If he gets paid tomorrow he'll probably help me out.

I'll look into that as well, my mom is on the phone with some place..I don't know why she can't just give me the damn sheet of paper she has and is pulling these numbers off of. I'm about to go take it from her.

That won't happen, I will get better and I will go into work ASAP. I have a big week ahead of me next week and I need to get better for it.

If my mom just pays for my birth control, which is $26, then I'll have enough to go to this clinic she's found and some left over.

What I want to happen...
Is for my mom to drive me down to work, ill call in and tell them I still need to get my check so I can pay for the doctor today and if its ok if she comes in and gets it, if not I can go in, they'll see I am even sicker and I'll still get my money.

Anywho she's taking me to the doctor, so I am going to go throw on something comfortable and go get seen, she said its $30 and she's paying for it only because I am wheezing so bad and can't breathe.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I don't know if I agree Hopes. Doesn't sound like school is the problem, it's being away from mom, and that's not going to change in a different school.
Going from being with SAHM to full day preschool is a huge adjustment. Big time. Preschool is supposed to be a transition to the school environment. Full day preschool is more appropriate for children who where previously in full day daycare. They are already used to being away from their parents. Half day preschool is more appropriate for children who stayed home with a parent IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The transition to a new school may just add even more anxiety.
Agreed. But she doesn't even have to be in preschool right now. That's why I recommended finding a partial day alternative that doesn't even have to be a preschool. Any type of enrichment activity that is time away from mother would help her with her difficulty being away from her mother. Then she could be better prepared for starting a half day preschool or a half day kindergarten next year.

I don't claim to have all the answers, but I sure know what I did wrong. I've played how I handled my son's anxiety with school over and over in my mind for many years.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I don't claim to have all the answers, but I sure know what I did wrong.
You know more than me, we are work in progress over here!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The very fact that you are on your phone arguing and, as usual, making excuses tells me you are not all that sick. Back to the whining and feeling sorry for yourself and wanting everyone to feel sorry for you.
I am sick but I am so pissed off right now and stressed out because I CAN'T be sick I have **** I need to take care of and this is killing me. I know what I need to do and what I have to do and what needs to get done and its all conflicting.

Anyways, here is what is going to happen.
My mom is driving me to the doctor, she is paying $30 for me to be seen because my wheezing is so bad. (I have asthma too)
My mom is then driving me to work so I can get my check, I cash my checks at work and I will deposit enough into the bank for car insurance, then have my mom take me by planned parenthood and get my BC and then the rest I will keep in cash and my friend can come get it herself for the cell phone today.

And I will be staying in bed until Saturday when have work.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:05 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
How in the hell did Parent Chat turn into txt's very own private Dear Abby again?

TXT - get the **** out of bed, and somehow or the other get to a doctor/PA. Get a prescription for antibiotics so tomorrow you will be well enough to go back to work.

On the other hand you could spend a few more days in bed, and then get fired and blame WM for firing you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting