Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 05:26 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Haha!

OMGoodness - so feeling a little better about school and here's why:
when DH came home, LSE was a chatterbox of full sentences (which is uncommon for this time of day - he speaks less when he's tired, too) and earlier today he produced two phrases/ sentences that we've been trying to get him to say for months, both likely to have been heard again at school today. Anything that ups the speech factor makes me a happy mommy! LSE is sooooo much happier when people understand him (and he gets all proud of himself, as well, which is adorable).

Thought I'd share a happy, since I've shared a bunch of whine lately.
Yay to LSE! And you haven't been whining, you've been concerned and frustrated. Big difference. Big.

Glad to hear today went well!

Time to start looking to see what's around that I can make for dinner. Not sure when anyone will be home, which makes it even more challenging. I'd say it's "get your own" night but not sure if there is much left to "get". Tomorrow is payday. I have made up my mind to do some menu planning before I go grocery shopping. I've gotten into the bad habit of just going to the store and buying stuff and hoping for the best....it hasn't worked out too well lately so that needs to change.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Hahaha - too funny!

I've been catching up on the thread. LSE actually fell asleep downstairs for a little while (lending support to my "he's tired thus dysregulated" theory). He doesn't really do that anymore.

Such great news about MissFR, FR!! What do you think brought about the change? You must be relieved!! And good job, Miss FR!
I don't really know what happened. Last night I tried to explain why the teachers do what they do (direct the kids) and also that if she doesn't go, they will all be sad and miss her. So after she had a crying jag when I left, she kind of snapped out of it and started participating. Plus they rode scooters, played golf, and found a huge moth, all of which got the MissFR seal of approval. I guess it just takes time. I thought it was pretty freaky deaky that both her and LSE had a night of mommy calling last night. It looks like they go through pretty similar stages. It's all new to me.

I hope he adjusts soon... and I'm guessing he will, after all he is littleSIRewag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Hi all. Another umpty-three pages to read through! And the spring-cleaning continues unabated (but slowly). Nearly done with the step-ladder so if there are any more experiments needed, please let me know before I put it back in the shed.

I think we should have a guessing competition, now that LME is getting ready to enter the world. I'll start by guessing October 4, at 6am.

Any ideas for a prize?

ETA: Yay for LSE (any yay for MissFR too). The littlies rock!
Thanks Kobber - oooo, I'll play. I've got Oct 7, at 11.58 PM.

ETA - shoot, we need a sticky or something, so we can keep track of everybody's bet.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
I'll take 5 Oct at 6:05 am.

I'll take baked goods!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:37 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Yay to LSE! And you haven't been whining, you've been concerned and frustrated. Big difference. Big.

Glad to hear today went well!

Time to start looking to see what's around that I can make for dinner. Not sure when anyone will be home, which makes it even more challenging. I'd say it's "get your own" night but not sure if there is much left to "get". Tomorrow is payday. I have made up my mind to do some menu planning before I go grocery shopping. I've gotten into the bad habit of just going to the store and buying stuff and hoping for the best....it hasn't worked out too well lately so that needs to change.
Aw, thanks, mm!

Ugh - I hate the end of the grocery week. We always seem to end up with 2/3 of several potential meals by time the end of the week rolls around, too. Breakfast dinner, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I don't really know what happened. Last night I tried to explain why the teachers do what they do (direct the kids) and also that if she doesn't go, they will all be sad and miss her. So after she had a crying jag when I left, she kind of snapped out of it and started participating. Plus they rode scooters, played golf, and found a huge moth, all of which got the MissFR seal of approval. I guess it just takes time. I thought it was pretty freaky deaky that both her and LSE had a night of mommy calling last night. It looks like they go through pretty similar stages. It's all new to me.

I hope he adjusts soon... and I'm guessing he will, after all he is littleSIRewag.

Thanks Kobber - oooo, I'll play. I've got Oct 7, at 11.58 PM.
That's awesome, FR! Good job - obviously something you said clicked somewhere along the line. And you can't go wrong with a huge moth!

It is kind of trippy that they both had a rough night last night! I'm just so glad Miss FR had a good day and LSE looks like he's making progress. Go, team preschool moms, go! (and our superior advising team, as well, of course!)

Oh boy - do I need to start a spreadsheet of these guesses??

Old 09-15-2011, 05:42 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
Quote:
Oh boy - do I need to start a spreadsheet of these guesses??
Yes.

Okay, I'll go with Oct. 6 at 4am.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:43 PM

ewag - aren't you glad we are all predicting early?! lol!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:51 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
ewag - aren't you glad we are all predicting early?! lol!
Haha! Yes, yes I am. But what's with all the wee hours of the morning????

Although, in the interest of full disclosure, I should say I was 6 days late with LSE.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:51 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,487,397 times
I'll volunteer to keep the spreadsheet, ewag. You just concentrate on practising your hee hee hee and hoo hoo hoo breathing exercises.

Since baked goods might be somewhat stale by the time they reach me - if I win, p'raps coop would send me her renting hot god.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times
Quote:
I'll volunteer to keep the spreadsheet, ewag. You just concentrate on practising your hee hee hee and hoo hoo hoo breathing exercises.

Since baked goods might be somewhat stale by the time they reach me - if I win, p'raps coop would send me her renting hot god.
LOL! I am curious about Coops renting hot god as well!

Hopes, I hope all went well on your exam!

Ewag, I am betting on October 1st between 10 to 11 pm at night.

Fin glad to hear about Lil Miss Fin.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
He's mine! I'm not sharing. (insert pouty face emoticon).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting