Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 05:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Was it homemade? omg - tequila is NOT good around here. Never ends well.

That and habeneros. I have a story from a trip to Mexico that would make you toes curl....
Please, Coop. Do not tell me you mixed the two.

No. Not homemade. But everone else was tremendously impressed so I thought I'd have a taste. Then a second taste seemed like such a good idea. Is this the idiot icon?

Old 09-17-2011, 05:32 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Please, Coop. Do not tell me you mixed the two.
Thank goodness no. DH does NOT tolerate tequila well at all. The habeneros - well, we found a little place in Talum (or however that's spelled) and he can usually eat anything hot.

So he got the habenero salsa - which really wasn't salsa - just straight habeneros. He commented on how wonderful it was and asked for another bowl! They were small bowls. The waiter just looked at him. Said, "are you sure?". Yes, he was sure!

omg - the disaster once we got back to our place. Have any of you watch Brian Regan and the bit in the emergency room when he says, "my insides want to be on the outside!"?

That's pretty much what was going on. And even during the worst of it, my DH, a true Brian Regan fan, managed to say that line.

I slept on the couch in the livingroom to say the least....

Old 09-17-2011, 05:43 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Fin - the site is looking awesome. But....that....song....

Kobber - that koala has a real **** you expression. Classic.

Dew - sorry about the headache. A Bloody Mary or two should do the trick.

MM - You said George Clooney and hung in one post! Tee-hee! And THANK YOU for bringing Chris Hot God to brighten up our day. He is my imaginary boyfriend, but I guess I can share.

Coop - poor DH.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I slept on the couch in the livingroom to say the least....
LOL!

We're about to head out again. Everyone have a good evening.

Except Fin who I am cussing under my breath for putting that $%#@ song in my head. (Shakes fist!! )

"And your havin' my baby....." Gosh, I hated that song with a passion.

So this one's for Fin:

Old 09-17-2011, 06:05 PM

My favorite song about motherhood:

Carole King - Child of Mine - YouTube

Old 09-17-2011, 06:14 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,624 times
So, I am sitting in my living room all grungy because I am still sick, but felling better that I was (possible food poisoning with a fever?) ANYWAYS... I am completely grungy and wearing the worst possible clothes with unwashed hair, and did I mention I am wearing a white tank with no bra (yeah, you can see too much). There is a knock on the door and before I can jump up and run to my bedroom, DD opens the door and invites someone in. AHHH!!!!!

It is my Ex-step-father-in-law and his new wife (who I am meeting for the first time). He has always been kind of creepy and he looks straight at my boobs and stares while I excuse myself to put on a better top. They showed up completely un-announced. Our house looks like a bomb has gone off because we had 5 girls playing in the house all day and they hadn't started cleaning up yet. Then they ask for computer help. She pulls out the laptop and I get to work. They are here for a couple of hours. I am getting weaker and weaker. Finally, they get the hint and leave.

Who does that? Ugh. I am so tired and embarrassed that I am just going to bed.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:19 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,741 times
A quick pop in ladies!

I hope everyone else is having a much better weekend than the one I am having.

Would you believe my laptop crashed and I lost everything including 70000 words, 230 pages of my romance novel which I recently edited and I the moron did not back up?

I had to go to Best Buy and get a desk top! Now I have a printed hardcopy (not edit) which I have to type from scratch. On the positive side I can read all my grammatical errors as I type.

Aside , did I miss the baby shower? What am I suppose to bring????

Let me know!
Xx
Mrs. X

Old 09-17-2011, 06:24 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Oh num and MrsX - you two are having much worse days than me....so sorry!

I'm only upset at the cost of groceries (and hardly any meat even!) and a little bittersweet seeing DS off to homecoming. Last homecoming...It was warm today then started raining then stopped then got cold and windy and started raining again. Right when we were all trying to take pictures...Anyway...large group of kids, several of whom all have nicely restored, vintage muscle cars. Sweet.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:25 PM

MrsX - yuk! Sorry you lost your file. You should be able to scan, and then edit the docs. May be quicker?

Post your virtual Baby Shower gift here, including a linky for a pic, and our immensely talented Fin will add it to Ewag's Baby Bingo web site here:

Wix.com EwagsBabyBingo created by BruceCleo based on world-wide-band#!

Old 09-17-2011, 06:27 PM

Nummy - my rule of thumb is if we have unannounced visitors, then they get what they get. We are pretty easy going anyway. Don't sweat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting