U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 AM

16,929 posts, read 13,881,698 times
Good morning all! No school here today. I just had a split second of panic thinking I should be doing something right now!

I have auditory hallucinations too. I think it happens just as or just after I fall asleep. DS8 used to have night terrors. Poor guy. He still has quite a few nightmares too.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:15 AM

20,877 posts, read 18,404,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
My 4 year old is having night terrors. Man, I hate those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I have auditory hallucinations too. I think it happens just as or just after I fall asleep. DS8 used to have night terrors. Poor guy. He still has quite a few nightmares too.
Calgirl, did/do you get them too? It occurred to me that you could mean that you hate getting them, or that you hate that they happen to your child.

I've read that they can be hereditary.

And rkb, you still get them?

Old 09-23-2011, 08:23 AM

16,929 posts, read 13,881,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Calgirl, did/do you get them too? It occurred to me that you could mean that you hate getting them, or that you hate that they happen to your child.

I've read that they can be hereditary.

And rkb, you still get them?
It has been a while since I've had one, but they used to be pretty frequent.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:29 AM

7,411 posts, read 8,775,997 times
I am always fascinated by the times things are posted around here. Aconite, are you a night owl, or a very early riser?

We never had to deal with night terrors here, but I've heard from others how tough they are to deal with.

Re: the Davis case. The person who most held my attention was the mother of the cop. I can't imagine living 18 years with revenge on my mind. It appears to have consumed her. In the US, the death penalty is too subjective, outlawed in many states and a burden on those expected to decide on it. I couldn't.

Hopes, I called around and found a nursery expecting a shipment of my St. John's wort this weekend. Since we actually got some real rain last night, I'm going out to play in the dirt today.

Happy Friday y'all.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:06 AM

21,554 posts, read 12,143,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Mostly because I always preferred the orange ones.
Watermelon. Delicous.

Morning all! DH is home sick. Nasty cough and congestion. I guess it's that time of the year.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:20 AM

12,098 posts, read 5,753,372 times
Good Morning You Wonderful CDMWR!

How is everyone doing today?

I hope the colds/sniffles/BH are all doing better today.

My nephew had night terrors, very nasty. I and DS talk in our sleep. DH always teases me that I even argue with him when I'm sleeping, but of course I don't agree .

So an upcoming Wife Swap is the poor, long-suffering wives of Gary Busey and Ted Haggard . I haven't watched the show in eons, but may have to just to see who could live with those blokes.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:28 AM

21,554 posts, read 12,143,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So an upcoming Wife Swap is the poor, long-suffering wives of Gary Busey and Ted Haggard . I haven't watched the show in eons, but may have to just to see who could live with those blokes.
Hola, Zimbo. Wow. That might provide a LOT of entertainment.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:57 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,768,509 times
Good morning all!

Hope everyone is well on this lovely Friday morning!

Dew- Hope DH feels better soon. Something is going around for everyone. Toddler X has been home most of the week with ear infection and a horrible cough.

Mattie- You are planting St Johns Wort in your garden? Do you use it for remedial purposes as well?

Kibbie- what will you be doing today since no school?

Zimbo- I am with you on watching wife swap! It would be interesting to see Gary Busey's wife.

Calgirl- I wish you luck with those night terrors. They are awful for everyone all around especially the little one.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:11 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,253,002 times
I have never known anyone with night terrors. That must be horrible.

I hope everyone is feeling well/better.

I don't know why, but I am getting more annoyed than usual this week with some posters. Even in different forums. I really want to smack one idiot in True Crime. I may have to take a couple of days off from here before I say something stupid and get banned. Luckily, I can usually walk away from the computer before I actually post something, but I am getting sloppier and posting more than I mean to.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:50 AM

1,333 posts, read 1,196,306 times
Ladies, thank you for the concern and virtual hugs for my DD.

DS had them too, also at age 4. He outgrew them. I thought we had dodged a bullet with DD, since she is almost 5, but nope....

IDK if I had them or not.

Num1Baby, I know exactly what you mean.

Maybe for me it's the lack of sleep from being up with DD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting