U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-23-2011, 06:40 PM

22,204 posts, read 13,014,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You mean other than "American education/culture is responsible for all the ills of the world"?
Oh, yeah. (Shoot. All those Minnesotans I'm surrounded by ARE having an effect, lol.)

Paying for teacher's gifts, sharing school supplies, bad grammar bringing down Western civilization. I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you! I had no idea that hand sanitizer was such a hot topic.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:49 PM

17,116 posts, read 12,436,862 times
Gosh...I gave gifts to teachers (usually $5 giftcards to Starbucks or Target - once the kids were in HS though, I had them write notes to teachers they felt especially grateful for)....I also brought in whatever school supplies were asked for. I just did. Some of it I might not have understood but I generally bought what was on the list. I'm sure whatever I did is now being touted as contributing to the downfall of Western civilization....

They also both had hand sanitizer in their backpack/locker....

Old 09-23-2011, 06:58 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,069,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
SJW is very unpredictable in it's interractions with other chemicals, I think that's why it's not recommended more often.

May I just say the threads around here SUCK at the moment, I can barely bear reading them, let alone bothering to respond. I haven't seen such nastiness in a while.

I would also like to apologize on behalf of all "furrners" for the behavior of our Eastern Europen not-friend for continuing her anti-American spew in the education forum. I swear, we are trying to get her reclassified from "furrner" to "alien", as in real-dinkum other-planet alien.

Julia - love the pic.
Oh, I loves me some furriners. Y'all talk even weirder than my relatives do...

Seriously, I am sooooo not "America love it or leave it" under normal circumstances. Shoot, I complain about Florida a lot. But there are also really good things about it, too, and they need acknowledged as well. I completely understand conflicted, it's relentless negativity I don't get.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:58 PM

12,159 posts, read 6,100,680 times
Yeah, the small-stuff people obsess over at the kids school makes you want to scream. Should we use the small boxes of tissues or the large ones? Should we insist people bring in roller towel with the small sheets or the large? Can we stipulate a brand of hand sanitizer? The good thing about being labelled a trouble-making smart-alec is people know better than to ask me those kinds of questions.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:00 PM

3,388 posts, read 1,814,753 times
Quote:
The good thing about being labelled a trouble-making smart-alec is people know better than to ask me those kinds of questions.
Haha! So that's the trick, is it?

Honestly, reading some of the stuff you guys go through with the older kids' schools and peers' parents makes me want to keep LSE 3 forever! Or hide under a rock...

Old 09-23-2011, 07:05 PM

3,388 posts, read 1,814,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Macie has been itchy again. This &*%$#$ ridiculously expensive allergy stuff is not doing the job. Made a vet appt for Monday. She always has had a really lovely, heavy coat. It's now dull and thinning. She looks older than she is. Frustrating.
Aw, poor Macie! Good luck - hope the vet doesn't cost an arm and a leg (a vain hope, I know).

Quote:
the CD Moms Who Judge
Ok, that needs to go into the CDMWR lexicon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Actually it is kind of an intelligent cartoon. It has some humor adults can appreciate, and Phineas and Ferb are smart and creative.
Big fan! DS is too young for it yet, but DH enjoys it immensely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sweet Lord of the Rings those people are going at it!
Yup, that needs to go in the lexicon, too!

Old 09-23-2011, 07:08 PM

I am so not in the mood to get up early tomorrow.

I have to go support the Women Marine Association bright and early tomorrow. It's a good cause. Just not in the mood to get up early and do a 5k walk. But I will. Because I'm quite sure, those Marines didn't feel like doing much of what they did all the time either. 5k is a very small token.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:10 PM

43,017 posts, read 50,477,142 times
Good for you doing the 5k, mm.

I hope macie feels better. Poor pooch!

My BB is severely allergic to ragweed. Every year he ends up on a short dose of steroids. It's the only thing that gets his itching under control.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Good for you doing the 5k, mm.

I hope macie feels better. Poor pooch!

My BB is severely allergic to ragweed. Every year he ends up on a short dose of steroids. It's the only thing that gets his itching under control.
Thanks Hopes. Macie has been on Prednizone off and on since Dec. - she seems to be itchy all year round. Not good. The vet does not want to keep her on Pred. more than necessary as it is hard on the liver (I think)....she's been on Atopica (which is cyclosporine). Quite pricey but safer than long term steriod treatment.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:17 PM

43,017 posts, read 50,477,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Actually it is kind of an intelligent cartoon. It has some humor adults can appreciate, and Phineas and Ferb are smart and creative.

Phineas and Ferb | Disney XD
I've never seen these guys in my life. I'm sooooooooo out of touch. It's amazing how quickly that is happening to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting