U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 11-21-2011, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Northern California
941 posts, read 833,452 times
Reputation: 1210

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What have you got for people who think their thorny cacti are conspiring against them?
You have to scare the cacti. Threaten them with annihilation if they even THINK about sticking one spiny bit in the wrong spot! Make them shiver so much in terror that their spines fall off!

Or...you could go with the suggestion of reinforced pants.

 
Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
 
22,211 posts, read 13,014,885 times
Reputation: 23813
Julia - The Ugly Sweater comments are brilliant!

Someone, please, give this woman her own show on cable.
 
Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 PM
 
22,211 posts, read 13,014,885 times
Reputation: 23813
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
You have to scare the cacti. Threaten them with annihilation if they even THINK about sticking one spiny bit in the wrong spot! Make them shiver so much in terror that their spines fall off!

Or...you could go with the suggestion of reinforced pants.
I gave them all very evil looks today. That'll scare them. One would think. Maybe. Kinda. Sorta.
 
Old 11-21-2011, 08:52 PM
 
7,780 posts, read 9,343,212 times
Reputation: 13819
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Julia - The Ugly Sweater comments are brilliant!

Someone, please, give this woman her own show on cable.
I agree! And, I think Julia might maybe be regretting her fun topic of the week. That took a serious amount of time and thought on her part. Kudos Judge (not that I'm trying to butter you up or anything ).
 
Old 11-21-2011, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
3,388 posts, read 1,814,753 times
Reputation: 2356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Julia - The Ugly Sweater comments are brilliant!

Someone, please, give this woman her own show on cable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I agree! And, I think Julia might maybe be regretting her fun topic of the week. That took a serious amount of time and thought on her part. Kudos Judge (not that I'm trying to butter you up or anything ).
Julia, you are hysterical! Loved your judge's comments! I actually scared the baby because I was cracking up so loudly!
 
Old 11-21-2011, 09:09 PM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
21,276 posts, read 19,344,335 times
Reputation: 29926
Yeah, I got to post 46 and went, "Oh, hell." I needed a little break. But all the entries were great!
 
Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 PM
 
22,211 posts, read 13,014,885 times
Reputation: 23813
Let it be noted that I complimented you and I didn't even have an entry.
 
Old 11-21-2011, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
3,388 posts, read 1,814,753 times
Reputation: 2356
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
You have to scare the cacti. Threaten them with annihilation if they even THINK about sticking one spiny bit in the wrong spot! Make them shiver so much in terror that their spines fall off!
Brilliant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I gave them all very evil looks today. That'll scare them. One would think. Maybe. Kinda. Sorta.
Hmmm, do you have to yell or snarl at them while you're shooting them evil looks?
 
Old 11-21-2011, 09:15 PM
 
22,211 posts, read 13,014,885 times
Reputation: 23813
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Hmmm, do you have to yell or snarl at them while you're shooting them evil looks?
I have a whip and a chair. "Back! Back!"
 
Old 11-22-2011, 07:51 AM
 
Location: IL
12,162 posts, read 6,100,680 times
Reputation: 11788
Major kudos to Julia - the ugly sweater thread is a hoot!

Life magazine is 75 years old. Here they have published what they consider to be their best 75 photographs. An amazing photographic history of the last 75 years:

The 75 Best LIFE Photos - Photo Gallery - LIFE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top