Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Just tell him that he better come up with an idea or you'll put something like Tinkerbell. That should inspire him!
lol! That's a good idea. I just noticed that if they don't turn one in, the space will be left blank. Knowing him.... he'd rather have it blank.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
We have to give a one word "descriptor" when submitting Senior picture to the yearbook staff. Really? I have no idea what to put and if I ask our son, the reaction and eyeball rolling I'll get....

This seems quite silly.
If you are anything like me, you had/have nicknames for your kid(s). I am surprised DD even knows her real name since I never seem to call her by it. I also come up with the craziest nicknames. Tell him you will use something like:

Squishy-butt
Monkey
Princess
squiggle-nose
Floppy-bunny

I have a million more and they just become more nonsensical as I go.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:41 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Someone in the Pittsburgh forum is selling this armoir.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/20842330-post8.html

He has it advertised on craig's list for $425. I told him I'd pay half that. He has come down to $350.

I really like it but I only want to pay $200 since I'd use it in my son's room.

What do you guys think?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
lol! That's a good idea. I just noticed that if they don't turn one in, the space will be left blank. Knowing him.... he'd rather have it blank.
Men! Tell him blank isn't an option. He either thinks of something or it's Tinkerbell!

Old 09-12-2011, 02:46 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Ah, gotcha, sorry - I think I'm a little edgy right now.

Dew- So sorry re: Mr Dew (and thank him for his service, BTW). Another example of scars that travel across years and years. We have a good family friend who is also a Vietnam Veteran with PTSD; he lived with us for a few months in Seattle. From just that tiny window into what he experiences every day, I have the utmost respect for those who struggle with PTSD and what their loved ones struggle with, too. Damn, I need that hugs emoticon again!
no worries. I don't think I explained very well the first time.

Quote:
Dude. My son is running around with no pants and 3 hats: cowboy, pirate and bucket. Did I mention the binoculars?

Poor mommying moment: he is too fast for me right now, so I'm just letting him.

Quote:
I have a question about the memorial in NYC.

I saw the fountain and pools. And I saw a picture of the NYC skyline that showed beams of bright light shining into the sky recreating the towers with light.

Was that just a doctored photograph? Or are those bright lights real and a permanent part of the memorial?

I hope isn't not real and permanent. If I lost a loved one that day, I wouldn't be able to handle seeing a constant reminder of the towers 24/7/365.
I really like the lights once/year. I was having trouble figuring out where the lights were coming from, exactly, since the water features are in the exact spots of the towers.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:46 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Hahahahaha! What is it with these kids and the naked time?? But Canadian naked time just sounds chilly!!

I can't find it on YouTube anymore, but Dana Carvey had a great bit about his kids having "Naked Time" from 6-7:30 every night because they loved being nude so much. It made me cry laughing before I had DS, now it's even funnier!
I'll have to look for that!

DH and I babysat my sister's kids for 10 days many moons ago.

1) The 2 oldest switched out the sugar and the salt.

2) The oldest convinced me the cat needed to be bathed, and that it was a regular occurence. The cat did not concur!

3) My nephew escaped out of the doggie door one early evening. The neighbors had an over-turned boat they were working on, and that's where we found him, standing up there like he was the king of the world, naked excepts for a holster and 2 guns.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:47 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:

He has it advertised on craig's list for $425. I told him I'd pay half that. He has come down to $350.

What do you guys think?
What would go in the glass door half?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:48 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:

What do you guys think?
It's nice, but I'd stick to the half price.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:55 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Ewag - that sounds great. I don't see why he needs pants. MissFR would run around starkers 24/7 if she could.

Num - those are some interesting facts about the memorial. Those pools look amazing. A couple of others:

One World Trade Center is going to measure exactly 1776 feet.
They have built it at such an angle that at 8.34am on Sept 11th, the sun shines directly through the buildings and onto the memorial plaza.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
What would go in the glass door half?
That side has open shelving. Anything can be folded and stacked there. Jeans, hoodies, shirts, etc.

Quote:
It's nice, but I'd stick to the half price.
Thanks. I think you're right about sticking to my price. It's not like we have money to throw around right now. The only reason I'm considering it is becuase I saw something similar (only all black) at a furniture store and it was over 1k. It's hard to tell if this Armoir is as large as the one I saw. Regardless, I just dont' see parting with more than $200 for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting