Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 02:19 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,562 times

Advertisements

Ok I been biting my tongue and now I am going to put my two cents into this.

While I advocate a healthy sexual lifestyle, I would never ever consider bringing my child in the car, out of the car, sleeping, not sleeping, standing in front of the sex shop or not in front of the sex shop to pop in to my nearest sex shop for the latest rabbit, butterfly, butt plug, whips or chains whatever I may fancy with my child.

There are somethings that can be left to do on your own and these are one of those things. Regardless of the cop, he is the least of my concerns I would be more freaked out if my kid started tantruming on the sidewalk and Mr. X decided to pop in to get me to quiet my child down only to discover toddler X playing with a set of Pearls. Its not cute nor funny.

I am not saying you are a bad parent but please use better judgment the next time.

This thread has reminded me of the movie Parenthood with Steve Martin and the lights go out during dinner. When the lights come back on the poor granny is holding a vibrator in her hand and the kid goes Mom what was that? The mom goes and says its an electrical ear cleaner. The kid goes thats kind of big. And the grandma goes and says It sure was!

BTW for all those CDMWR No Mrs. X does not have some sort of Lara Croft vault of interesting things...JUST SAYING....

:P :O :X

Old 09-25-2011, 02:33 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Would I take my 2 year-old? Doubtful.

Is it a terrible travesty? No. I wouldn't call it the best judgement ever, but I've done some stupid parent-related things in my past.

And I'd agree, some of these stores are in neighborhood strip malls, it all depends on the state.

By the way, try avoiding adult-themed stores when you take your kids to The French Quarter. My daughter's fashion sensibilities were offended by what she perceived to be New Orlean's tacky collective fashion sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
BTW for all those CDMWR No Mrs. X does not have some sort of Lara Croft vault of interesting things...JUST SAYING....
And why not?

Last edited by Zimbochick; 09-25-2011 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: ETA - gotta make fun of MrsX whenever possible!

Old 09-25-2011, 02:42 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyLynn812 View Post
So tell me if you think we are in the wrong here but, here's what happened to my husband and I the other day:

We traveled to another town to do a few things for the day, take our 2 yr old to chuck e cheese, maybe touch up one of my husbands old tattoos, and (perfectly candid here) we ended up finding a store to replace a broken toy of mine, as opposed to ordering online when I don't really know what I'm looking for exactly.
Our child was asleep when we arrived at the store and I went in to find what I wanted and our child woke up. She'd been in the car for almost an hour so why not let her out while their waiting for me, so my husband had her in the parking lot.
I make my purchase and I come outside and a cop is giving my husband wicked attitude about having our child there! Apparently the cop hopped out and DEMANDED that he come over in front of his car and asked him what the hell he was doing! My husband told him he was just waiting for me, that we just stopped by there on our way to Chuck E Cheese, and the cop scoffed like how dare we! He couldn't believe it! We were ready to go on our way so we all just left.

I can understand maybe a concern about perverts hanging around a sex shop, but it's not like my child was alone, or like my husband was looking for 50 bucks to trade her for an hour. It was the middle of the day, it's not like we were taking a really long time either. Does the cop really think I'm not allowed to have a sex life with my husband? If he really felt the need to say something and tell us not to be hanging around there, couldn't he have politely said,"Sir, please come here. Hey, if you're going to be waiting around here for your wife, could you just keep the kid in the car. I don't like seeing your kid out here." and my husband would have said, "Sure, officer, no problem". Did he really have to be a dick about it???
You took the kid outside, then to Chuck R Cheese and then drove to buy a sex toy?

What? Is this the plot of the sequel to Idiocracy?

Why can't husband use fingers in the interim, and find a better time to get that shiny toy. Some people, I need a thumbdown icon like in Marketwatch, C/D

Old 09-25-2011, 02:45 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You took the kid outside, then to Chuck R Cheese and then drove to buy a sex toy?

What? Is this the plot of the sequel to Idiocracy?

Why can't husband use fingers in the interim, and find a better time to get that shiny toy. Some people, I need a thumbdown icon like in Marketwatch, C/D
DUDE, seriously, sex shops are classier than that. That's why I don't get the hoopla. Jeez. Talk about .

Old 09-25-2011, 02:45 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Would I take my 2 year-old? Doubtful.

Is it a terrible travesty? No. I wouldn't call it the best judgement ever, but I've done some stupid parent-related things in my past.

And I'd agree, some of these stores are in neighborhood strip malls, it all depends on the state.

By the way, try avoiding adult-themed stores when you take your kids to The French Quarter. My daughter's fashion sensibilities were offended by what she perceived to be New Orlean's tacky collective fashion sense.

And why not?
[

Pssst... truth be told..way before Mr. X, I had a nice cache of things I kept in two Victoria's Secrets boxes including whip. I moved in with my mom and since her apartment was small she used a very good friends basement for temporary storage. I moved out and completely forget about the stuff kept in this friends house.

A few years later my mom went to friends house and the friend and her mother were helping moving my boxes into my moms car. Well the box that held these little do da's had gotten wet in a flood so the box was moist and broke open on the driveway. My mother's friend mother (a good Christian woman) literally had a heart attack when all that stuff fell onto the drive way and my bunny went hopping underneath the car. My mother called me and ripped me a new one. Ever since then I could not be bothered and after meeting Mr. X there has been no need

So yes Zimbo I am one of those that did not use better judgment, I should have held onto those boxes for the life of me and avoided brutal and weird phone conversation with my mom.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:51 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
DUDE, seriously, sex shops are classier than that. That's why I don't get the hoopla. Jeez. Talk about .
Well, this is not about the sex shop. So speaks a dude who sneaked into a "real" brothel in his early teens or so, got caught by the bouncer, beaten up and thrown out

But it's about the situation it created. A cop thinking two perverts may have picked up some innocent kid and are parked outside a sex store. Well, no offence to the OP, but from a cop's crazy mind perspective, with a lifetime of dealing with crazy people, the whole set up is a classic case of FUBAR.

Would I do it to my own son or daughter? Over my dead body. Even if I were a sex fiend (ok, ok, I'm not, I'm not), I'll raise a devout catholic boy

Old 09-25-2011, 02:59 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Pssst... truth be told..way before Mr. X, I had a nice cache of things I kept in two Victoria's Secrets boxes including whip. I moved in with my mom and since her apartment was small she used a very good friends basement for temporary storage. I moved out and completely forget about the stuff kept in this friends house.

A few years later my mom went to friends house and the friend and her mother were helping moving my boxes into my moms car. Well the box that held these little do da's had gotten wet in a flood so the box was moist and broke open on the driveway. My mother's friend mother (a good Christian woman) literally had a heart attack when all that stuff fell onto the drive way and my bunny went hopping underneath the car. My mother called me and ripped me a new one. Ever since then I could not be bothered and after meeting Mr. X there has been no need

So yes Zimbo I am one of those that did not use better judgment, I should have held onto those boxes for the life of me and avoided brutal and weird phone conversation with my mom.
Excellent story!

Old 09-25-2011, 03:03 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Well, this is not about the sex shop. So speaks a dude who sneaked into a "real" brother in his early teens or so, got caught by the bouncer, beaten up and thrown out

But it's about the situation it created. A cop thinking two perverts may have picked up some innocent kid and are parked outside a sex store. Well, no offence to the OP, but from a cop's crazy mind perspective, with a lifetime of dealing with crazy people, the whole set up is a classic case of FUBAR.

Would I do it to my own son or daughter? Over my dead body. Even if I were a sex fiend (ok, ok, I'm not, I'm not), I'll raise a devout catholic boy
See, this is what I don't get. Would two perverts who have just kidnapped a kid leave one of them standing in the parking lot, outside a sex shop, holding said child for everyone to see?

I think it was a straight up case of the cop imposing his own moral judgment on somebody, just because he could. After ascertaining that all's well, he really shouldn't have given the dad a hard time about it. It's not his call, IMO.

And come on, these days, a sex store in the middle of the day is likely to be frequented by nobody more menacing than a bunch of women looking for naughty bachelorette gifts.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:21 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Overreaction by cops and several CD members.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:25 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
All these tales of what you have in your bedside drawers have been very interesting, but the PG13 talk goes over in Relationships. It's pretty PG here, folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting