U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:55 AM

5,210 posts, read 8,791,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Me either, i snuck out to do that
I wouldn't have done that, either. At least not in hs. Once I hit college age it was a different story. I would have snuck out and not looked back but the floors and the doors all creaked and my father was a very light sleeper.

I just chose to ignore curfew..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 07:01 AM

3,967 posts, read 5,660,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I wouldn't have done that, either. At least not in hs. Once I hit college age it was a different story. I would have snuck out and not looked back but the floors and the doors all creaked and my father was a very light sleeper.

Luckily my bedroom was in the basement, and my parents on the top floor so it was easy to slip out

Old 10-07-2011, 12:33 PM

24,657 posts, read 59,410,399 times
Quote:
There is no safe way for someone that young to be involved in a sexual relationship. Condoms break, pills get skipped even in adult relationships. But unlike kids, adults can deal with the consequences when that does happen.
One manufacturer just announced that they mis-packaged 750,000 sets of BC pills so that the timing will be off and they will not work. They are doing a recall, but the pills have been on the market like that for a year.

Ooops.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:38 PM

27,993 posts, read 19,597,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
One manufacturer just announced that they mis-packaged 750,000 sets of BC pills so that the timing will be off and they will not work. They are doing a recall, but the pills have been on the market like that for a year.

Ooops.
Oh dear.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Ooops.
I
U
D
!

Old 10-07-2011, 01:03 PM

5,944 posts, read 6,367,418 times
Quote:

Ooops.
WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?????????????????????????

Quote:

So did I at first, then my mom did away with it all together.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?????????????????????????

Were you wondering why your belly was growing txt?

Old 10-07-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Ooops.
Can you imagine how awful you would feel if you had helped your sexually active 15 year old daughter obtain those defective pills?

Last edited by springfieldva; 10-07-2011 at 01:54 PM..

Old 10-07-2011, 01:43 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,944,214 times
Quote:
Can you imagine how awful you feel if you had helped your sexually active 15 year old daughter obtain those defective pills?
Maybe that's what happened to my sister. She insists she was taking her pills. She's 17 and has a 3 month old now.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Luckily my bedroom was in the basement, and my parents on the top floor so it was easy to slip out
Just wanted to point out that I wasn't staying out late just to be with my boyfriend and have sex.

I was also staying out late because I was old enough to go to clubs and such which were opened late (I was of legal age to drink at the time). Sometimes it wasn't safe to drive home because I (or my ride) had been drinking, so we would all pile into a hotel room to sleep it off. Better than getting a DUI.

There were also times when my boyfriend and I would just want to go on a trip - to the beach, mountains, wherever. We both had summer jobs, so we could afford a day away every now and then - we would hike a mountain or have a day at the beach and then get a cheap hotel room together.

None of this was wrong at the age I was doing it (over 18 and in college). But I don't think any of those activities are appropriate for a minor child.

Last edited by springfieldva; 10-07-2011 at 02:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or