Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:00 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Yes something bad might happen. And in this day and age, help can get you SUED.

I won't repeat how it does absolutely nothing to solve the underlying problem of a neglectful nanny since as far as you are concerned having a reason for being neglectful, since we don't know what might be going on in their little world, is just fine.

First solve the immediate problem. Otherwise, we won't have to worry about the underlying problem because the kid will be dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 11:01 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

First solve the immediate problem. Otherwise, we won't have to worry about the underlying problem because the kid will be dead.
This thread has been going on for days. I would say the immediate problem is long over.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:02 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
I think the police should be involved as everything else is falling on deaf ears. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the bus monitors job to stop traffic until children have safely crossed the street. If no monitors then maybe someone can talk to the bus driver into waiting a minute and an adult can cross him.

I would rather go out of my way and do something before something bad happens...

Old 10-07-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
This thread has been going on for days. I would say the immediate problem is long over.
I don't think so since OP says it happens every day, the child is still doing it and today is a school day.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:03 AM

As a matter of fact OP started this thread yesterday. I'm sure the problem has not been solved in less than 36 hours.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:04 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Oh gosh does this sentiment make me sad.
Quote:
I think you and others are completely over-complicating the issue. "Call the cops! Call the school! Video Tape him!" Seriously? How about, help the cross the street?

Oh I know. Something bad may happen, so we don't want to put our necks on the line for anyone else. Sad.
Oh, hush Mother Teresa!

No one is saying the mother's shouldn't get involved, they are involved. Re-read the OP. Physically grabbing a running, out of control kid is seriously dicey. That's just a fact.

I never said call the cops, I said call the cops who specialize in educating kids.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:05 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Yes something bad might happen. And in this day and age, help can get you SUED.
So because you might get sued you wouldn't step in and grab the little guy's hand if it looked like he was going to dart out in traffic?

I would. In a heartbeat. Sue me all you like. If I knew I saved the child from getting run over by an F150 I'd say it was worth it. (I must be missing something here.)

Old 10-07-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oh, hush Mother Teresa!

No one is saying the mother's shouldn't get involved, they are involved. Re-read the OP. Physically grabbing a running, out of control kid is seriously dicey. That's just a fact.

I never said call the cops, I said call the cops who specialize in educating kids.
I am far from Mother Teresa and I don't think the act of helping a child cross the street and preventing him from getting hit is saint worthy.

I understand perfectly what kind of involvement is being advised here. It's the "I don't want to get my hands dirty" type.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So because you might get sued you wouldn't step in and grab the little guy's hand if it looked like he was going to dart out in traffic?

I would. In a heartbeat. Sue me all you like. If I knew I saved the child from getting run over by an F150 I'd say it was worth it.
This is what I think too.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:09 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So because you might get sued you wouldn't step in and grab the little guy's hand if it looked like he was going to dart out in traffic? )
Of course I would. The point I am making is that Margaritee(??) is insistent that there is no reason on the planet that the OP should not just take over the problem herself. This is a stupid idea, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting