Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
I have posted in another thread, but here it goes-I have nothing in common with my neighbors the Duggars.( after all I'm a crazy liberal) but I don't care if you are 16 or 45 years old,if it's your 1st pregnancy or your 20th- a lost pregnancy hurts. (especially in the 2nd trimester) is a huge loss. God Bless the Duggars!
I feel for them, too. Whether you agree with their lifestyle or not, this loss can not be easy on any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 11:26 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,372,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas sky View Post
Depending on how far along she is, she may have to be induced and deliver the baby normally. It's beyond devastating. For all of you saying it's for the best...I hope you never have the experience that will let you realize what a horrible thing that is to say.
Karma's a *****!

Old 12-09-2011, 12:21 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,977,263 times
Quote:
I dont think anyone thinks her losing the baby is for the best.
Well, actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
And I also thought it was ridiculous to cart their obviously sick little girl around the world- even though doctors advised them to keep Josie isolated from too much exposure for the first two years.

While I do feel very bad, I'm thinking it's for the best.
I'm not saying that I agree with their lifestyle or that all those pregnancies are not hard on her body. What I am saying is that losing a baby is a heart-breaking trauma not a "life lesson."

Old 12-09-2011, 12:45 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
What I am saying is that losing a baby is a heart-breaking trauma not a "life lesson."
It can't be both?

Old 12-09-2011, 01:08 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,678,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
It can't be both?

Yeah its for sure both.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:15 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times
Hopefully she won't try to get pregnant again now. I think her body is trying to tell her to please stop having babies. Sorry, but she should of stopped after the last baby- she had complications- preeclampsia and the baby was born at 26 weeks. She already had 18 kids at that time anyhow. How many kids do you need! She is 45 now too. Not to mention her health starting to be at risk at least now anyway.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:35 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,243 times
Quote:
Well, actually...

I'm not saying that I agree with their lifestyle or that all those pregnancies are not hard on her body. What I am saying is that losing a baby is a heart-breaking trauma not a "life lesson."
I went through a miscarriage myself, so yes, I do know what it's like. It IS heartbreaking and I wouldn't wish it on anyone... so my condolences go out to the family.

With that being said, "for the best" probably wasn't a good choice of words. What I meant was that perhaps this is a sign that Michelle isn't meant to have more babies- which is a good thing, if you ask me.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:47 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
I went through a miscarriage myself, so yes, I do know what it's like. It IS heartbreaking and I wouldn't wish it on anyone... so my condolences go out to the family.

With that being said, "for the best" probably wasn't a good choice of words. What I meant was that perhaps this is a sign that Michelle isn't meant to have more babies- which is a good thing, if you ask me.
Yes, they are heartbreaking. I don't think I would assume that this miscarriage means anything more than that her body rejected this fetus, for whatever reason. It doesn't mean the next time, should there be one, that a fetus will be rejected. Each miscarriage is an individual case.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
I have posted in another thread, but here it goes-I have nothing in common with my neighbors the Duggars.( after all I'm a crazy liberal) but I don't care if you are 16 or 45 years old,if it's your 1st pregnancy or your 20th- a lost pregnancy hurts. (especially in the 2nd trimester) is a huge loss. God Bless the Duggars!

I also have NOTHING in common with the Duggars, but, they are very happy and they pay for their own children. It is there own decision how many children they choose to have. Clearly the older children delight in caring for the younger children and they have a tight family bond. I find that very nice

Old 12-09-2011, 02:43 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
I am so sorry she had a miscarriage, I am sure, no matter how many children you have, it is very difficult to go through.

With that said, maybe this should be an indication to them that possibly her body just can't endure this again. 19 children? Honestly, I think it is fairly selfish on their behalf as those kids aren't getting the attention that children should get from their parents, the siblings are raising each other.
How do they afford all of these kids, the food, the clothing, their activities,etc...? Honestly, we have a mid 100k income with only 2 children and we are worried about how to put them through college when the time comes...
no worries. They don't seem to be encouraging their kids to go to college anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Hopefully she won't try to get pregnant again now. I think her body is trying to tell her to please stop having babies. Sorry, but she should of stopped after the last baby- she had complications- preeclampsia and the baby was born at 26 weeks. She already had 18 kids at that time anyhow. How many kids do you need! She is 45 now too. Not to mention her health starting to be at risk at least now anyway.
They will. They will keep having unprotected sex until they die or are no longer able. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she has 5 more years worth of child-bearing in her. It is all God's will to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting