U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:25 PM

2,349 posts, read 2,339,838 times

Advertisements

At 7 & 8, (and 5, 6, 9, etc.) my youngest was WAAAYYY into Bionicles, a love which lasted until just recently, he's 12 now.

It looks like those are discontinued? Maybe when he stopped buying them, their stock went down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 03:47 PM

2,107 posts, read 1,567,718 times
My son is 8- he loves anything that has to do with building (Lego's, etc)... he also really likes getting craft kids and art stuff, but I have a hard time finding craft kits that aren't aimed towards girls.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:06 AM

3,247 posts, read 6,193,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Warning about the DS 3d. There have been a lot of warnings about this actually causing eye damage. I have also heard from a couple of employees at stores not to buy these for kids because they say to limit the amount of time you use it in 3d mode and while adults are more likely to do that, kids will push past that limit.

I have been seeing conflicting reports, but I don't want to risk DD's eyes to find out for myself.
But you can turn the 3d off. My son doesn't care for the 3d at all and will play it in 2d like a regular ds. None of the new games are playable on the old DS.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,301,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
But you can turn the 3d off. My son doesn't care for the 3d at all and will play it in 2d like a regular ds. None of the new games are playable on the old DS.
Ok. I just wanted to pass that on as a lot of people I know hadn't heard about the possible issue.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 PM

10,090 posts, read 7,523,149 times
I think this age likes science kits too.

Beginner robot kits - simple, educational | Edmund Scientific

Build It Yourself Kits - hands on educational kits | Edmund Scientific

Chemistry Fun - activities for kids, DIY kits, gifts | Edmund Scientific

I love Edmond's Science stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting