U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-07-2011, 01:07 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 659,423 times
Reputation: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
OhioChic...everyone is different...there is no set time....there is no better time.....the main thing is that you love ,cherish and provide for those children when they're born....that's really ALL that matters
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2011, 01:09 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 659,423 times
Reputation: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yet, you decided to champion the discussion that you purposely skipped! That's funny!
As I said when I first started to comment on this topic. I stayed out of it until that certain comment was made. I swear you people only read the comments you want to. And then try to twist peoples words around to prove a point. SMH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 01:12 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 659,423 times
Reputation: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm telling that the happiness of children is much more complicated than merely being alive. If life is all a parent can give a child, that's really sad.

ok its sad. whats your point. the comment you made is "the decision to have a child as a single parent isn't in the best interest of the child." And I responded that im sure the child is glad that they were at least given life. where are oyu going with this because im not sure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM
 
40,271 posts, read 43,183,163 times
Reputation: 25298
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
ok its sad. whats your point. the comment you made is "the decision to have a child as a single parent isn't in the best interest of the child." And I responded that im sure the child is glad that they were at least given life. where are oyu going with this because im not sure?
Like I said, come back in 20 years. You'll understand then. I'm done here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM
 
Location: here
16,608 posts, read 12,922,471 times
Reputation: 13247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Come back in 20 years. By then you will have learned that children are WAY more complicated than that. My goodness.


To bring the discussion back around to the topic of parental age (not relationship status), I could see a woman in her late 30's deciding to become a single parent because biologically her time to conceive really is running out at that point. That doesn't mean I think it is a great idea, or that it won't be really difficult. I only mean that, because of her age, I could understand it. I can't really understand anyone planning to be a parent at the age of, say 20. I was no where near that at 20. Even at 25 I wasn't thinking about it.

OP, you seemed surprised to find out that your coworkers were older when they became parents. Among your acquaintances and friends is it normal to have a baby at 20?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 01:20 PM
 
Location: here
16,608 posts, read 12,922,471 times
Reputation: 13247
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
ok its sad. whats your point. the comment you made is "the decision to have a child as a single parent isn't in the best interest of the child." And I responded that im sure the child is glad that they were at least given life. where are oyu going with this because im not sure?
the more you post, the more your age shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 659,423 times
Reputation: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post


To bring the discussion back around to the topic of parental age (not relationship status), I could see a woman in her late 30's deciding to become a single parent because biologically her time to conceive really is running out at that point. That doesn't mean I think it is a great idea, or that it won't be really difficult. I only mean that, because of her age, I could understand it. I can't really understand anyone planning to be a parent at the age of, say 20. I was no where near that at 20. Even at 25 I wasn't thinking about it.

OP, you seemed surprised to find out that your coworkers were older when they became parents. Among your acquaintances and friends is it normal to have a baby at 20?
Well my very best friend had a baby at 18 but that was 100% unplanned and not really wanted but she stepped up and is a GREAT mom.

But other than that not really. I always thought 25 was the "ideal" age to have a baby. My daughter WAS planned but for other reasons.

25 seems like you past that "I want to go out and party" age and before that "I want to travel with my SO and enjoy my golden years soon" age.

35 to 40 seems like a good age but I think by the time the kid is 16 you will be ready to retire and travel and all that good stuff older people do.

But it seems most woman PLAN to wait untill their 30's rather than mid-20's which I was really surprised about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 01:22 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 659,423 times
Reputation: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
the more you post, the more your age shows.
sorry cant help it. I am who I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 01:28 PM
 
Location: In Line For The E Ticket Ride
20,535 posts, read 10,934,199 times
Reputation: 21947
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
But it seems most woman PLAN to wait untill their 30's rather than mid-20's which I was really surprised about.
Which illustrates how young you are! The older you get the more you learn. I'm a little disappointed, frankly, in you for jumping over the posts of people who challenged single motherhood. (That was very telling to me BTW)

There are always opportunities to learn something new here. (As in life.) When you skip stuff you don't like you're in danger of missing the really interesting pearls of wisdom that all the old biddies of 35 have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2011, 01:36 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 659,423 times
Reputation: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Which illustrates how young you are! The older you get the more you learn. I'm a little disappointed, frankly, in you for jumping over the posts of people who challenged single motherhood. (That was very telling to me BTW)

There are always opportunities to learn something new here. (As in life.) When you skip stuff you don't like you're in danger of missing the really interesting pearls of wisdom that all the old biddies of 35 have.

I dont think my age has anything to do with it. *shrugs* But anywho no the reason I skipped it because I argued until I was blue in the face in the "Elective Single Parenting" thread back in April. And I didnt really feel like getting all riled up again. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top