Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 12:48 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Death of a partner and surviving abusive relationships requires emotional healing. Anyone would be wise to postpone planning parenthood until after their emotional issues are resolved. The fact both no longer want to have partners is an indication that they are still emotionally scarred. Their diving into having a child as a single parent further validates that because the decision to have a child as a single parent isn't in the best interest of the child.
Im sure the child would appreciate life in general. Wow they dont have a mom or they dont have a dad depending on the situation. At least they were BORN. Im sure anybody would appreciate that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 12:50 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,361 times
Quote:
Yep! The point being that they are PLANNING to be single!
So true! My gay uncle wants kids with a partner but he rather stay single. He is not giving up his bi-annual trips to St Tropez anytime soon to raise a child on his own.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
What can't you understand about that being different because it wasn't PLANNED?

She clearly hasn't overcome her grief. That's not a good mix for parenthood.

What's up with you and the hypotheticals? This discussion is based on posts made in this thread that inspired the discussion.

Regardless if it was planned or not she would still be a single mother which according to you guys is the most horrible thing ever in the whole wide world. (exagerating sp?) But anyways. She is CHOOSING to raise the child alone which is oh so fair to that child so she should put the baby up for adoption right? I mean its only fair to the baby right? The baby DESERVES 2 parents.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:52 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
Im sure the child would appreciate life in general. Wow they dont have a mom or they dont have a dad depending on the situation. At least they were BORN. Im sure anybody would appreciate that.
Come back in 20 years. By then you will have learned that children are WAY more complicated than that. My goodness.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Come back in 20 years. By then you will have learned that children are WAY more complicated than that. My goodness.

Nope sorry. Are you telling me that if your mom had chose to raise you as a single mother and not have a partner you would have rather not been born at all? Lets be serious.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
I didnt even read anybodys post prior to the ones I commented on.
Question:

YOU started this thread. Why didn't you read all the posts? You asked a question and people answered and you didn't bother to read them?

Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Question:

YOU started this thread. Why didn't you read all the posts? You asked a question and people answered and you didn't bother to read them?

I read all the post that concerned my TOPIC. But when everyone started arguing with tiltheendoftime about single parenting I skipped it.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Nope sorry. Are you telling me that if your mom had chose to raise you as a single mother and not have a partner you would have rather not been born at all? Lets be serious.
I'm telling that the happiness of children is much more complicated than merely being alive. If life is all a parent can give a child, that's really sad.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:04 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
OhioChic...everyone is different...there is no set time....there is no better time.....the main thing is that you love ,cherish and provide for those children when they're born....that's really ALL that matters

Old 12-07-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I read all the post that concerned my TOPIC. But when everyone started arguing with tiltheendoftime about single parenting I skipped it.
Yet, you decided to champion the discussion that you purposely skipped! That's funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting